best christmas gift for kids

tigernt'town

last year we got my little :au: man (4 yrs. old) a uniform with helmet and shoulder pads. he has worn it everyday and throws the football in the house with me every night. he loves football and this has been the most effective cost vs. usage gift i have ever given him. he did give me one night off after the iron bowl because he heard on the news that :au: had the week off, before resuming work for the bowl game. absolutely the best gift idea.

he is sooo funny. after iron bowl some of our bama friends started to say to him, that "auburn got lucky." he put both fists on his hips and said,"we sacked your QB a lot of times and thats not luck!!!!!!" my heart almost burst from pride. he later went to sleep after repeatedly singing the fight song. :D

"we sacked your QB a lot of times and thats not luck!!!!!!"
Man, that's awesome! Sounds like my newphew, who's 8 now, but is CRAZY 'bout football, especially Auburn football. I'd question being friends w/ folks who tell a 4 yr old that his fav team ' got lucky'. Not only is it an absurd thing to say, but talkin' smack to a 4 yr old??? :blink: Well, I guess they have to find someone at their intellectual level to spar with. :roflol:

WDE! :au:

"Not only is it an absurd thing to say, but talkin' smack to a 4 yr old??? :blink: Well, I guess they have to find someone at their intellectual level to spar with. :roflol:

WDE! :au:

205891[/snapback]

Sounds like the 4 year old got the best of them to me ... suggest they drop down to 3 years old for possible intellectual equals and failing that there are always the two and one year olds.

Don't forget the UA people are operating with an intellectual handicap.

last year we got my little  :au: man (4 yrs. old) a uniform with helmet and shoulder pads.  he has worn it everyday and throws the football in the house with me every night.  he loves football and this has been the most effective cost vs. usage gift i have ever given him.  he did give me one night off after the iron bowl because he heard on the news that  :au: had the week off, before resuming work for the bowl game.  absolutely the best gift idea.

he is sooo funny.  after iron bowl some of our bama friends started to say to him, that "auburn got lucky." he put both fists on his hips and said,"we sacked your QB a lot of times and thats not luck!!!!!!"  my heart almost burst from pride.  he later went to sleep after repeatedly singing the fight song.  :D

205885[/snapback]

Got my son a set last year, he turns 4 in February. He is so cyclical in toys...one week its the dinosaurs, then dragons, back to the football, then airplanes. But he loves going to the football and basketball games. Of course, he is constantly asking where is Aubie?? We went to the stomping on Sunday (AU 73- Temple 42) for those that didn't know. He got to see Aubie prior to and get pictures made. The whole time he was telling Aubie, "Your silly." and shaking the shaker in his face...to which Aubie would tickle him. It was fun watching him.

Got my 4 year old nephew the same thing last Christmas, and he won't take his off for anything. At the beach, in the house ... wherever ... all the time. He does the Heisman and screams "I'm Bo Jackson."

This year he gets football cleats. I'm teacing him how to placekick. Very good form on the kid. We practiced in front of Jordan-Hare the day of the SC game before the beating commenced inside. That was a great day. He saw his first Tiger Walk and screamed the fight song at the top of his lungs ... in his uniforrm.

By the time he's 17, he should be ready. War Damn Eagle!

Now I really can't wait for Christmas. I have a uni set under the tree for my 3 yr old little :au: man. Last year, we got him the Aubie that plays the fight song and he drove his :ua: fan Paw Paw crazy with it...

I just hope that my wife doesn't get too mad at us playing football in the Living Room.

:au::football::cheer:

Archived