Question for Bama Fans

Proud Tiger

I "learned" from a couple of bama friends at lunch today that three key bama players were going to be academic casualties for the Cotton Bowl. They mentioned names but I won't hear until it's confirmed. Comment?

Guest Tigrinum Major

It is all over the Bama boards. The names will hurt, if true. Two are in key positions against a team like Texas Tech and the third is the best player at his position. There are also rumblings that it will only be two, but that is also unconfirmed.

One or more players could be ineligible

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

TUSCALOOSA - Alabama could have one or more football players academically ineligible to play in the Cotton Bowl on Jan. 2, however head coach Mike Shula said after Tuesday's practice he would not announce anything until their status is "confirmed."

"As soon as we confirm everything, then I'll let you guys know," Shula said.

That is expected to be within a few days.

Wide receiver DJ Hall laughed at recent chatter doubting his eligibility for the game.

"You can put that rumor to rest," Hall said, adding that he is eligible to play.

Crimson Tide freshman defensive end Bobby Greenwood injured his hand in Tuesday's practice and was scheduled to undergo X-rays. Meanwhile, middle linebacker Matt Collins has a minor knee injury and has also been sick. And wide receiver Keith Brown is still nursing a hamstring injury.

Shula said he did not believe Collins or Brown would miss the bowl game, and he had little information about Greenwood's injury.

Alabama will wear its home uniforms in the Cotton Bowl, sporting its crimson jerseys. Texas Tech will wear its road white uniforms.

Steve Kirk

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in...0670.xml&coll=2

Archived