ESPN Poll

aufan175

Vote ND. http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnatio...tory88notredame Im tired of hearing Mark May and Kirk H. say how USC is the greatest football team of all time. This ND team actually won its National Championship team by beating #1 Miami #2 USC and #3 West Virginia.

Do you guys actually think these ESPN or SI or whatever polls mean anything? I mean... no one looks at them and they are just to sucker you in. I remember last year when Auburn won the "USA Today" poll for being Champions. People actually thought there would be a trophy. ESPN football analysts don't look at that poll and it has no bearing in real life. Just look at the SEC website... they have had KY win for "best team in the SEC East"... IN FOOTBALL.

Vote ND. http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnatio...tory88notredame Im tired of hearing Mark May and Kirk H. say how USC is the greatest football team of all time. This ND team actually won its National Championship team by beating #1 Miami #2 USC and #3 West Virginia.

206952[/snapback]

Don't CARE! I HATE NOTRE (Children of the) DAMNED!!!!!!!!!! :moon:

:au::homer:

A "poll" that's based on nothing but who logs onto the Internet and votes most often (even a "People's National Championship", I'm afraid) means nothing to me.

I totally despise the idea of USC claimng a 3-peat, however.

This whole thing is ridiculous to me. If 2005 USC is "the greatest College football team of all time" then why did they squeak by Fresno State? They've beaten one top ten team and it took a last second miracle to do it, and they were a Reggie Bush sprained ankle away from getting beat by a team that lost to Lousiana Tech. ESPN talks about them like they are the 1990's Chicago Bulls. They split one year with LSU, and then lucked out and drew Chokelahoma for a "championship" game last year. BFD. In all fairness though, Reggie Bush is impressive, but so was Willis McGahee and that unbeatable Miami team in 2002. It is very debateable whether USC came beat this years #2 ranked team let alone the #1 ranked team from any other year. I'd take '04 Auburn, '02 Ohio State, or '92 Alabama over this year's USC team any day. And those are three teams that no one would've given a shot at the beginning of their seasons.

All this being said, I believe USC is a very, very talented football team but they are the most overrated team in the history of college football. Not to say they aren't good. They just aren't Muhammed Al-a-Bruce Lee caliber @$$ kickers like everyone seems to think they are.

usc will fall, a tale of two defenses will define the day, usc gave up 30+ to ND and 40+ to FRESNO STATE, vince young could go for 50+, texas D could hold well enough to force them to play from behind, i predict they will not be able to make it back this time.

possibly same story line as miami-ohio st. of a few years back. vince will give them major issues---may rush for 150 and pass for 300, he will account for 2 rushing tds and 3 passing, they could have at least 2 add'l rushing tds. that is 49 pts right there. i'm all in--- texas 55 usc 41. i wouldn't miss this one for all the whiskey in ireland.

Archived