Lewis Grizzard

DCWarEagle

Okay, this one is kind of random, but does anyone have (or know where I can find) a copy of a Lewis Grizzard article about Auburn? I know he usually wrote about UGA, but I seem to remember a fairly complimentary column he did about Auburn. I think it started with a tale about how an Auburn man saved his life (some kind of drinking story I believe).

I used to have a copy of the column on email, but I changed accounts and lost it, and now I can't find it online.

I don't remember everything, but I seem to remember that he had a great quote about Coach Shug Jordan, saying he sounded like your Daddy, or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried:

http://www.lewisgrizzard.com/

?

207457[/snapback]

Thanks for the reference. That is a good site and I found a couple columns on there that mention Auburn, but I can't find the column I was thinking about.

I know Grizzard must have done hundreds (if not thousands) of columns over his career. I know we have some older folks on this board, so I was thinking maybe someone knew the one I was looking for (had it in a book or something).

In 1993 we went to Athens for the Georgia game. We were fortunate to meet and have our picture taken with Mr. Lewis Grizzard. I really enjoyed his writing.

He didn't want to talk to us after the game. :big:

Archived