Should have seen it coming

GalensGhost

I thought about that after the game ended, too...well, hopefully the year ending in 6 will continue to be kind:

1986 Citrus: Auburn 16-7 over USC

1996 Independence: Auburn 32-29 over Army

2006 ????

admittedly, i'm a pessimist borne of the 70s wrt auburn football, but i thought all along we (fans) were too confident about beating this bunch. you don't luck up and win 9 games, and they had a tremendous motivation in winning their beloved coach's last game.

we had no such motivation, and regardless of how much we'd like for it not to matter, i think it does.

war eagle anyway.

ct

admittedly, i'm a pessimist borne of the 70s wrt auburn football, but i thought all along we (fans) were too confident about beating this bunch.  you don't luck up and win 9 games, and they had a tremendous motivation in winning their beloved coach's last game.

we had no such motivation, and regardless of how much we'd like for it not to matter, i think it does.

war eagle anyway.

ct

208426[/snapback]

Right on all counts...there was a very, shall I say, dismissive attitude toward Wisconsin on these boards (with a few exceptions) and it was completely unwarranted. They served us our testicles on a platter today and made us like it.

How's this for a trend?

1985 Cotton Bowl:  36-16 loss to Texas A&M

1995 Outback Bowl: 43-14 loss to Penn State

2005 Citrus Bowl: 24-10 loss to Wis-flipping-consin.

208392[/snapback]

The 1955 team lost 25-14 to Vanderbilt in the Gator Bowl. 1965 team lost 13-7 to Ole Miss in the Liberty Bowl. We didn't bowl in 1975.

Thus we are 0-5 when bowling after a season ending in 5.

Aye, I hope this will teach some of the ppl around here to not take anybody likely, Auburn still doesn't have, imho, the maturity to handle big time spotlight. We won a few good games and we think we've made it. Thanks Wisconsin for waking us up.

Archived