Jermarcus Ricks commits.

Auburn Seer

This is GREAT news! He was one of, if not THE, highest priority recruits and the staff should be very proud of this one!

Welcome to Mr. Ricks and WDE ! ! ! :au::cheer:

Bigtime pickup definately. Ricks' stock has been rising btw, for those that havn't seen Rivals newest (and final) rankings: Ricks has surpassed Eddins on the DT rankings and is now ranked 12-13th I believe in the nation.

Now the big question...most reports state that we have been recruiting Ricks to possibly play offense, as he played both defense and offense in HS. Do we keep him at DT or develop him as an O-Lineman? If we go O-Line I'd definately like to see another DT pickup. Deas would be huge for us (he's jumped into the Top 5 in DT rankings).

Rest assured that Ricks will get his first look on defense. He's big, strong, and fast, which is great for a DT. If something doesn't pan out the way his ability looks like it should, then look for another Tim Duckworth/Ben Grubbs type conversion to upper echelon guard. My personal bet is that he comes in DeMarco McNeil style and gets in shape during a redshirt campaign and then stars his next three to four seasons.

kj

Alright...gimme some love!

Jan 15th:

I have felt for a while that Ricks was heading to AU. Ive read a ton of articles on him and it just seems like he is an serious AU lean. I can't remember who it is...but he's got family ties to the team already.

Look for him to pull the AU trigger after his visit this weekend.

Ricks is an awesome player with good character. Good pick up for AU

Thaks BG...you can recruit for us any time.... :D

:au::homer:

Archived