Skarbinsky has lost his mind

WarTim

(did i miss something or did shaun actually matter in that game last night? he was the third most important back on the field after: willie parker and mack strong. mack had to stay in for pass blocking all night. mvp my ass).

Hey guys, first post here in several years. Comparing SA and BJ is like comparing apples and oranges. Career wise SA is miles ahead of BJ. On pure athleticism BJ wins hands down. There is not an athlete alive or dead as gifted as BJ imo.

As far as being useless in the Superbowl, yeah he was because he wasnt used. He only had 20 carries for 95 yards, thats almost 5 ypc. If you dont mind me asking, who do you think deserved the MVP over SA?

218605[/snapback]

I believe Saying SA is "miles ahead" of BJ career wise is not true by a longshot. BJ excelled in 2 great careers in baseball and football.

(did i miss something or did shaun actually matter in that game last night? he was the third most important back on the field after: willie parker and mack strong. mack had to stay in for pass blocking all night. mvp my ass).

Hey guys, first post here in several years. Comparing SA and BJ is like comparing apples and oranges. Career wise SA is miles ahead of BJ. On pure athleticism BJ wins hands down. There is not an athlete alive or dead as gifted as BJ imo.

As far as being useless in the Superbowl, yeah he was because he wasnt used. He only had 20 carries for 95 yards, thats almost 5 ypc. If you dont mind me asking, who do you think deserved the MVP over SA?

218605[/snapback]

I believe Saying SA is "miles ahead" of BJ career wise is not true by a longshot. BJ excelled in 2 great careers in baseball and football.

218613[/snapback]

Football career, yes, SA is ahead, maybe not miles, but far ahead of BJ. BJ never played a full season in football. Im not taking anything away from BJ, he would have been the best ever had he stayed healthy and wanted to be the best ever, but he didnt. I thought the point was to compare their career's.

218605[/snapback]

218613[/snapback]

Football career, yes, SA is ahead, maybe not miles, but far ahead of BJ. BJ never played a full season in football. Im not taking anything away from BJ, he would have been the best ever had he stayed healthy and wanted to be the best ever, but he didnt. I thought the point was to compare their career's.

218621[/snapback]

Okay...Let's compare the careers of Joe Paterno @ Penn St. and Mike Dumbos @ uat. THAT would make just as much sense. :rolleyes:

who should have won mvp instead? well, here's the thing: SHAUN ISN'T THE MVP OF HIS TEAM! find a real seattle fan, ask him who the most important player on the team is, then the next, if he gives you shaun in the top two, you found a rare fan.

for my money, i'll take hasselbeck first. i'd take him running my team over every guy in the league outside of brady, mcnabb, a healthy palmer, or maybe little eli (he's not a loser like his brother). i will, however, accept walter jones as a correct answer. he's the best left tackle in the game, and along with hutchinson, the source of 30-40% of shaun's career accolades. after that, i'll call it a push between lofa tatupu and alexander. push.

as for the league, tiki had a better year. he runs behind next to nothing, put up just as many yards, and guided a first year starter into a division title and a playoff spot. he deserved it more.

or how bout the king of the regular season: peyton manning himself? you honestly think alexander is more important to the team than manning? you think the colts could win a playoff game if manning put up 20 yards, sat on the sideline with a slight concussion, and cheered a lot in the fourth quarter? don't think so. more valuable and equally as outstanding during the year.

or how bout carson palmer? loads of offensive weapons but you saw what they all meant when jon kitna was running the show against the steelers. he took the bengals to a division crown and a home playoff game (one that i think they win if the backup oaf doesn't intentionally roll into his knee after the prettiest throw by any qb in the playoffs). i repeat: THE BENGALS HOSTED A PLAYOFF GAME. he was a better choice than shaun.

look i don't hate the guy. i think he's a really nice guy, and he's the easiest bama player to cheer for since derrick thomas. i also think he's a heck of a back. top 10 in the league. i just think he's completely overrated. not shelden williams of duke overrated, but completely overrated nonetheless.

(and before you ask the running backs i'd take over him are: ladanian thomlinson, tiki barber, larry johnson, edge james, and clinton portis. two guys i'd rather have going forward: cadillac (23 years old) and faaaast willie parker (25, who ran for 1200 yards and got a full 120 less carries than shaun this year). the guys i'd say are just as good as shaun: a healthy corey dillon and rudi johnson. those are the top ten guys in the league and shaun, to me, is right there at 5 or 6)

Hines baby! I was rooting for him like crazy. He was saying some great things about UGA before the week. People on UGA's board went crazy when he said Forest Park, GA instead of UGA but good grief, he said UGA all through the year and even gave Richt some props in a recent article. Idiot fans, imo.

Anyway, I wouldn't put Smith in the same sentence has Walker or Jackson. Smith had a great college career but he didnt really have ones like Bo or Walker.

look i don't hate the guy. i think he's a really nice guy, and he's the easiest bama player to cheer for since derrick thomas. i also think he's a heck of a back. top 10 in the league. i just think he's completely overrated. not shelden williams of duke overrated, but completely overrated nonetheless.

That's fine, your entitled to your opinion. IMO, this is the first year that Shaun has even gotten any praise. I just dont see how he is overrated. He has consistantly put up great numbers since he's been the full time starter and this year is the first time anyone has even mentioned him as one of the top 5 backs. We all know the MVP doesnt go to the player that is most important to his team, it goes to the guy with the best numbers and hype, just like the heisman. I dont think anyone can argue SA numbers are not MVP worthy looking at past backs that have won the award. If you look back in history, the majority of great backs run behind great OLines, with the exception of Barry Sanders. Emmitt Smith is a great example of a back with a great OLine. Terrell Davis and all those other backs that consistantly rush for big yards behind the Denver OLine is another.

Emmit Smith didn't have a great OL in Dallas?

I call BS

218681[/snapback]

BINGO! We have a winner. Slink has seen the uat BS for what it is.

Kuddos. ;)

i completely agree. i like shaun. and he was underrated coming into this year. i'm with you all the way there. the problem is that people went overboard trying to heap praise on him when he was really only about 150 yards better this year than last. he was the same guy and that was the same line last year as this year. why all the crazy praise all the sudden?

and i agree about emmit. that's why i still say he isn't in payton or sanders or brown territory. those guys ran behind good/bad, never great, olines, and got it done all the freakin time. the only time payton ever saw a good line was in the twilight of his career in the mid-80s. emmit was fantastic. he just isn't the best ever like some folks claim he is. same for shaun. that's all i'm saying.

ps. i have extra reason to like shaun. he guided my fantasy team into the playoffs where my boys put together a 1985 villanova run from the 6 seed (last spot) all the way to the title. thanks shaun and thanks mike holmgren for not caving in to the "short-yardage back" craze.

Archived