Skarbinsky has lost his mind

WarTim

In today's bamaham rag, he is attempting to compare seatle's #37 to Bo Jackson. Not only that, but, ...well...he leaves one thinking they are in the same league. :no:

In today's bamaham rag, he is attempting to compare seatle's #37 to Bo Jackson. Not only that, but, ...well...he leaves one thinking they are in the same league. :no:

218204[/snapback]

Best RB in the history of Dixie? I don't know about that - Bo Jackson (of course), Herschel Walker, or Emmitt Smith all have their followers for that title.

But otherwise I do see the validity in his comparison. And this is from one who hates all things crimson. (I've consisdered a Vulcan blood tansfusion to change the color to anyhting other than crimson!)

Alexander is a good back, but he is not in the same league with Bo, Emmitt, Herschel, or Walter Payton.

As Mr. O would say...that's the MOST RIDICULOOUS item of the day. In his dreams, SA would be in a class with those guys....

:au::homer:

Hopefully in about 6 years, he will make a change in that column and be calling Ronnie or Carnell the greatest back from Dixie. :cheer:

His point is valid though, Bo never lived up to the his potential in the NFL because he liked playing baseball more than football. And there is not a damn thing wrong with that. He did what he wanted to do, what more can you ask for from life?

Bo was a better back in college than Alexander in my opinion. And Bo was more of a threat to break a huge play both in college or the pros.

Alexander is a darn good back. And he has a strong character...makes you wonder how he came out of West Vance. :)

I don't think he is the best back of Dixie, in my :au::homer: opinion.

The column is here for those who have not read it yet.

I have yet to see an athlete compare to Bo.

218235[/snapback]

Just highlighting the key word in that statement. :)

I laughed when I read that article. He mentioned Bo running over brian Bosworth but made no mention of him planting Cornelius Bennett on his rear while scoring a TD.

All this article states is the obvious fact that Shawn Alexander is having a better pro football career than Bo. Does that make Alexander a better RB? No. Does that make Alexander a better athlete? No. Does that mean, if you had the top pick in the NFL draft, and you had a healthy BO jackson and healthy Shawn Alexander, that you would be Alexander with your first pick? No.

Alexander is a great NFL RB but to compare him to Bo is laughable in my opinion. It is like comparing apples and oranges for so many different reasons. One is that Bo played football as a "hobby" or second job. What does it say about Alexander to compare him to someone that only played football on the side? Better yet, what does it say about Bo that Scarbinski is comparing the NFL MVP to someone that played football as something to do during the MLB off season?

I agree totally. You cannot compare Su Alexander with BO. SA has had one great year (which happens to be the last year of his current contract, hmmmm) and a good carreer otherwise. The guys on Fox Sports Radio questioned SA's motivation and ripped him for not wanting to do anything but run the ball (pass catching blocking, etc.).

Just imagine this... What if Bo had only played football and actually had an offseason to rest, condition (strictly for football), and reload???

First let me say that I think Bo Jackson was a better RB than Alexander before he got injured. No question in my mind about that. If he hadn't have gotten hurt, he would have put up phenomenal numbers.

But, the article is about who had the better NFL career, that would be Shaun.

Also, Shaun has had more than 1 good season. He was 1 yard short of the rushing title.

This year will make his 3rd trip to the Pro Bowl.

this will all change when shaun leaves the seahawks next year. he's running behind a line that is EASILY in the top three in the nfl. chris gray is a 14 year vet and he's the crappiest guy on the line. think he's gonna find that in free agency? alexander is a good back. he's even top 10 in the league, but he's the beneficiary of a great line. if he leaves, i bet anyone here a dollar that he's not within 400 yards of the rushing title next year. 400 yards.

and no, he's no bo jackson. has a better career b/c bo had a freak injury, but he's not a better back.

i think shaun's a nice guy. i think he's the most useless big game player this side of peyton manning (did i miss something or did shaun actually matter in that game last night? he was the third most important back on the field after: willie parker and mack strong. mack had to stay in for pass blocking all night. mvp my ass). i think he's a good running back. i think he's in for a shock when he goes to a different team next year (he's rumored to have interested in arizona... have fun there. tampa's crappy line is better than that).

PS. just to avoid claims of all auburn bias, i think bobby humphrey was equally as talented as alexander. he just didn't have walter jones and hutchinson blocking for him.

No doubt #37 is a good rb..a VERY good rb. But, to even attempt to compare him to Bo is like comparing the skinny kid in the dark pink jersey, you know- "He has fallen and he can't get up", to Dan Marino or Joe Montana. :blink:

First let me say that I think Bo Jackson was a better RB than Alexander before he got injured. No question in my mind about that. If he hadn't have gotten hurt, he would have put up phenomenal numbers.

Also, Shaun has had more than 1 good season. He was 1 yard short of the rushing title.

218288[/snapback]

Let us not forget that Su Alex's first Pro Bowl appearance was as an alternate after someone got hurt. In that light, is he any better than Rudi Johnson who definitely does not have nearly the line that Su has?

Also, I said he has had 1 great season and other good seasons... No doubt that he is one of the top rushers in the NFL, but this comparison is rediculous. I guess you have to pander to your reading audience every now and then.

218288[/snapback]

Let us not forget that Su Alex's first Pro Bowl appearance was as an alternate after someone got hurt. In that light, is he any better than Rudi Johnson who definitely does not have nearly the line that Su has?

Also, I said he has had 1 great season and other good seasons... No doubt that he is one of the top rushers in the NFL, but this comparison is rediculous. I guess you have to pander to your reading audience every now and then.

218315[/snapback]

Bingo. Slow news day and he must keep the uaters hittin' on the feeder bar. ;)

I am as proud as his momma that he graduated from Bama...Him and that Matt Jones freak from :arky: Bless their hearts... :big:

218204[/snapback]

Does anyone else find it funny/ironic that you put him down, yet he is in ur signature?

Even a BLIND squirrrel can find an acorn every now and then. ;)

One of the the article's arguments is that Bo never had a rushing title or even a 1000 yard season. Bo also never had a full 16 game NFL season. He played 7 games in '87, 10 in '88 and '90, and 11 in '89. Although he didn't break 1000, he did have 950 in '89, when he started his "hobby" ten days after the end of baseball season.

"he's rumored to have interested in arizona... have fun there"

Arizona is the black hole of the NFL, he'll never be heard from again if he goes there.

Not to sound too much like Beano Cook, but if we're talking all time, Bo and Earl are the only two RBs I've ever seen in the pros (unless we're counting Hershel's days w/ the New Jersey Generals) that consistently made grown men look like children on the football field. Honorable mention to Barry Sanders. I hear Red Grange did the same thing, but that was a bit before my time. Unfortuantely the only ATHLETE I can think of that compares to Bo on the football field is also one of the biggest piles of crap...Deon.

Other than playing for the two in-state schools, I don't understand the comparison. Two totally different backs with completely different running styles. They literally played in different eras when you consider how the game has changed with the free agency rules and the parity that exists around the league.

SA is a great runner that seems to be getting better each year. He's one of the top backs in the NFL. Bo was an explosive athlete that had that one intangible that very few had. Backs like Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell, OJ and even Tony Dorsett for a time, made you hold your breath every time they touched the ball because there was a good chance that something special could happen right then and there. That's the type of back Bo was to me.

(did i miss something or did shaun actually matter in that game last night? he was the third most important back on the field after: willie parker and mack strong. mack had to stay in for pass blocking all night. mvp my ass).

Hey guys, first post here in several years. Comparing SA and BJ is like comparing apples and oranges. Career wise SA is miles ahead of BJ. On pure athleticism BJ wins hands down. There is not an athlete alive or dead as gifted as BJ imo.

As far as being useless in the Superbowl, yeah he was because he wasnt used. He only had 20 carries for 95 yards, thats almost 5 ypc. If you dont mind me asking, who do you think deserved the MVP over SA?

(did i miss something or did shaun actually matter in that game last night? he was the third most important back on the field after: willie parker and mack strong. mack had to stay in for pass blocking all night. mvp my ass).

Hey guys, first post here in several years. Comparing SA and BJ is like comparing apples and oranges. Career wise SA is miles ahead of BJ. On pure athleticism BJ wins hands down. There is not an athlete alive or dead as gifted as BJ imo.

As far as being useless in the Superbowl, yeah he was because he wasnt used. He only had 20 carries for 95 yards, thats almost 5 ypc. If you dont mind me asking, who do you think deserved the MVP over SA?

218605[/snapback]

Hines Ward, Ben Rothlesberger, Antwan Randle El, Kendell Simmons, Joey Porter, Amulamlamtui...or whatever his name is...just to name a few... :big:

Archived