Worst Stadium?

WarTim

The most pathetic place I have ever attended a College Football Game, hands down, is legion field. In the middle of a war zone, located in the state's ARMPIT.

I attended the SECCG in '93 (uat vs FLA. Hey, we beat 'em both so I figured we should be represented :D ) They had just finished spending a ton of $$$ on that place and it still looked like a bombed out dump in the middle of Iraq.

Why they have not leveled that place to allow easier access to crack and crystal meth for the neighborhood clients is beyond me. :huh:

If anyone can offer another stadium that is THIS bad, I want to know. I will avoid it at all cost. ;)

I attended the SECCG in '93 (uat vs FLA. Hey, we beat 'em both so I figured we should be represented :D ) They had just finished spending a ton of $$$ on that place and it still looked like a bombed out dump in the middle of Iraq.

221178[/snapback]

I was there for that one too. My favorite part of that game was when the plane flew over carrying the banner that read...Auburn, the real SEC Champs and had the scores from where they had beaten both UF and UAT that year.

Lesion Field has to be the worst stadium ever though. The worst part is that if I look out of the window in our break room I can see it.

:puke:

221178[/snapback]

I was there for that one too. My favorite part of that game was when the plane flew over carrying the banner that read...Auburn, the real SEC Champs and had the scores from where they had beaten both UF and UAT that year.

Lesion Field has to be the worst stadium ever though. The worst part is that if I look out of the window in our break room I can see it.

:puke:

221193[/snapback]

#1 You have my deepest sympathy. :no:

#2 I hope you carry a hand gun. ;)

there's no way  :om: is the worst - have you ever been to  :msu: ?

221214[/snapback]

:msu: 's stadium looks like the bought it in an erector set kit. No character, exposed steel, etc.

i'm with bammanmr on this one. the seats are a solid 8 inches skinnier at vaught hemingway. i hate that dump.

JV is actually kind of cute...in its own way

now Miss. St. is ridiculous - I hate it

221189[/snapback]

What are you...a girl? this is a football forum, i dont think you can say "cute" on here. haha

neland stadium, ut. looks good on tv, but like dracula's castle under the stands. narrow seats too. complete disreguard of the "18 inch butt rule"

the south end zone @ lsu. dark. wet. and fans get hit w/ batteries during the game. new upper decks are outstanding, tho.

before it was wrecked, the old south end zone @ ga. tech. dirt floors in the rest rooms. pallats in the mud to walk on. i swear i saw an old dead civil war soldier under there.

legion field.

dinky dow stadium @ miss state. cow bells? COW BELLS !?

atlanta fulton co. good for baseball, lousy for football. saw led zeppelin there once.

the ga dome. i know. i dont like where it's at. always cold in there to me. no tailgate unless u like the crack houses up on northside drive. and my tax money is paying for it.

where the cap one bowl is, whatever the name is. in a shooting gallery. micky dont go there.

favorite beside JHS, is south carolina.

neland stadium, ut. looks good on tv, but like dracula's castle under the stands. narrow seats too. complete disreguard of the "18 inch butt rule"

the south end zone @ lsu. dark. wet. and fans get hit w/ batteries during the game. new upper decks are outstanding, tho.

before it was wrecked, the old south end zone @ ga. tech. dirt floors in the rest rooms. pallats in the mud to walk on. i swear i saw an old dead civil war soldier under there.

legion field.

dinky dow stadium @ miss state. cow bells? COW BELLS !?

atlanta fulton co. good for baseball, lousy for football. saw led zeppelin there once.

the ga dome. i know. i dont like where it's at. always cold in there to me. no tailgate unless u like the crack houses up on northside drive. and my tax money is paying for it.

where the cap one bowl is, whatever the name is. in a shooting gallery. micky dont go there.

favorite beside JHS, is south carolina.

221240[/snapback]

Vandy is the worst ever. You can't even see the whole field from the bottom couple of rows in the endzone. Neyland sux too b/c of all the people they cram in the aisles.

actually in my opinion i think byrant denny stadium is the worst for a couple of reasons

1. it's infested with people i saw at the high school football game the night before

2. the concourses are about the size of my driveway (i live in an apartment)

3. did we mention that it's infested with alabama fans?

but i do have to say the only thing i enjoyed about the stadium was taht auburn beat them 17-0 and they have pepsi products in the concession stands. nothing like watching the tigers protecting their 2nd home from uat but then do so while drinking a moutain dew!!

Legion fields is a dump too, tear it down and build the dome there

Legion Field may be a dump now, but it is nowhere as bad as War Memorial Stadium, Little Rock, Arkansas.  :puke:

221230[/snapback]

I went there about 10 years ago and thought the bleachers were going to fall in. They had rusty metal panels mounded under the bleachers so the beer bottles would not cracke the knoggins of the people walking below. Kind of a redneck trash chute.

I agree with the assesment of Legion field so far. I haven't been there in years, but the last time I was there it was pretty horrible.I was there for the Iron Bowl when Lawyer Tillman scored the game winner at the end. It rained that day and we were under the upper deck. You would think we would be out of the weather but we got RUSTY rain on us the entire game. Whe Lawyer scored the touchdown, you could hear the upper deck creaking. We thought it would fall in. I was in the upper deck for the game when Bo went the wrong way. At some point during that game, the upper deck started swaying back and forth. I'm not an engineer, but I don't think thats supposed to happen.

Plus, as has been mentioned before, it is in the middle of the ghetto. You have to tailgate in someone's front yard and hope your car is there when you get back.

The Swamp! Considering the HYPE...it's a ridiculous joke! What a piece of crap. And the campus (?) stinks too. :puke: I'd rather go to Vandy.

:au::homer:

Legion Field has to be the worst stadium in America. It's a shame, too. The old gray lady was the football capital of the south a looooong time ago.

I agree with the assesment of Legion field so far. I haven't been there in years, but the last time I was there it was pretty horrible.I was there for the Iron Bowl when Lawyer Tillman scored the game winner at the end. It rained that day and we were under the upper deck. You would think we would be out of the weather but we got RUSTY rain on us the entire game. Whe Lawyer scored the touchdown, you could hear the upper deck creaking. We thought it would fall in. I was in the upper deck for the game when Bo went the wrong way. At some point during that game, the upper deck started swaying back and forth. I'm not an engineer, but I don't think thats supposed to happen.

Plus, as has been mentioned before, it is in the middle of the ghetto. You have to tailgate in someone's front yard and hope your car is there when you get back.

221275[/snapback]

Well, you would not have to worry about that any more. They finally deemed it unsafe last year and had the UD removed. Now, UAB comes just a little closer to selling out it's home games...

No question that Legion Field is in evryone's top 2-3. I also agree with an earlier poster about the opd Grant Field. For those of us who used to make the trek to Atlanta when AU/GT was an every year game, that place was a DUMP in every sense of the word. Going to the bathroom was just plain scarey.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Since there is nothing played there anymore except high school championship games, UAB games and The Magic City and Turkey Day Classics, Legion Field is quickly falling apart. It was bad ten years ago, but it is so much worse today.

Mississippi State gets my vote as far as on campus goes.

Archived