Panthers cut Davis

WarTiger

Hopefully the Falcons I know they don't really need another running back but damn I would love to see him in person again

Hopefully the Falcons I know they don't really need another running back but damn I would love to see him in person again

222918[/snapback]

I think Carolina has their eyes set on Shaun Alexander.

222918[/snapback]

I think Carolina has their eyes set on Shaun Alexander.

222919[/snapback]

They will have to put up some serious money to get him from Seattle cause I doubt the seahawks will let him go that easy. I love SD he was the only reason i liked the Panthers. I have so many great memories from SD at AU and he was so nice when I met him.

let me interject one thing here and I am no expert on it but most of the reason that you are seeing these cuts is the talks for the collective bargaining agreement are at a standstill. Teams that are over the cap amount are having to start dropping high dollar players to get under the cap amount. There are going to be a lot of cheaper free agents on the market and the guys getting drafted this year stand to sign for upwards of 20% less than what they would have last year. That is what I have been hearing anyway. Maybe someone else can expound on it.

That sounds about right. Teams like Minnesota and Buffalo who were well below the cap before this could mop up with free agents this offseason. I know there are several more, but don't remember which teams were below the cap.

Look for many of those teams to be ultra competitive in '06 thanks to the lack of an agreement.

Arizona and New Orleans are well under the cap.....Of course this brings up the question of when will the SEC invoke some limits? Wait they already have....They are the CAPstone limits.

let me interject one thing here and I am no expert on it but most of the reason that you are seeing these cuts is the talks for the collective bargaining agreement are at a standstill.  Teams that are over the cap amount are having to start dropping high dollar players to get under the cap amount.  There are going to be a lot of cheaper free agents on the market and the guys getting drafted this year stand to sign for upwards of 20% less than what they would have last year.  That is what I have been hearing anyway.  Maybe someone else can expound on it.

222927[/snapback]

Mod edit: Let's stick to the topic, and keep the personal attacks out of it

let me interject one thing here and I am no expert on it but most of the reason that you are seeing these cuts is the talks for the collective bargaining agreement are at a standstill. Teams that are over the cap amount are having to start dropping high dollar players to get under the cap amount. There are going to be a lot of cheaper free agents on the market and the guys getting drafted this year stand to sign for upwards of 20% less than what they would have last year. That is what I have been hearing anyway. Maybe someone else can expound on it.

222927[/snapback]

let me interject one thing here and I am no expert on it but most of the reason that you are seeing these cuts is the talks for the collective bargaining agreement are at a standstill.  Teams that are over the cap amount are having to start dropping high dollar players to get under the cap amount.  There are going to be a lot of cheaper free agents on the market and the guys getting drafted this year stand to sign for upwards of 20% less than what they would have last year.  That is what I have been hearing anyway.  Maybe someone else can expound on it.

222927[/snapback]

222939[/snapback]

222940[/snapback]

222927[/snapback]

222939[/snapback]

222940[/snapback]

222941[/snapback]

222927[/snapback]

Crazy Cooter comin' at 'ya

Mods Saniflush and Wes are buddies I know both of them I am sure they meant nothing by there personal attacks

My bad....didn't realize there were so many "personal" attacks in those posts. I have had my hands sufficiently slapped now.

There are going to be a lot of cheaper free agents on the market and the guys getting drafted this year stand to sign for upwards of 20% less than what they would have last year.

222927[/snapback]

I know it might seem bad for some of these guys to lose that kind of money, but maybe this is a step in the right direction to control the ridiculous amounts of money these guys get paid to play a game.

Simple matter of the Panthers weighing Davis' injury problems versus his hevy contract. Happens all the time.

He could be a good fit in the Falcons backfield with Ron Mexico, particularly if his middle initial is "T". (think about it....)

Why would any team pay him anything???? He hasent put up good #'s in years he should start learning how to play golf!

Why would any team pay him anything???? He hasent put up good #'s in years he should start learning how to play golf!

223047[/snapback]

Is that you Penguin? Or is it Wishbone?, or wait, maybe its PowerI?? :blink:

They were going to cut him anyway (I live in NC and I follow the team pretty closely). This had nothing to do with the CBA. Well, the CBA problems did not cause the cut. The truth is that he will probably not play any where ever again. He is done with a great NFL career. He is a great locker room guy and sideline guy, a great leader, and he always played the game the right way. He was tough as nails. But, all those tough yards have finally worn him out. He said in the middle of the season that he expected this and accepted it because it was best for the Panthers. He handled it in a real classy way.

Wish we had room for one more assistant coach at :au: ! He has sat under some great offensive coaches!

223047[/snapback]

Is that you Penguin? Or is it Wishbone?, or wait, maybe its PowerI?? :blink:

223069[/snapback]

i love SD. Great guy. But if you wathced him play the last couple of years you have to admit he was very slow. He could still move the pile on the short yardage situations but he has slipped a lot because of age/injuries.

Archived