The 'What If' Football Tournament

SupperClub

I don't know how I didn't see this until now, but in the spirit of March Madness, CFN put together a 64 team NCAA tournament based on the 2005 football season. Who do you think they had pegged for the Final Four? Here's the link to the Washington Region (Auburn's Region):

CFN's 2005 College Football Tournament

They explain it better than I can:

The exercise ... There were 64 teams that finished with winning records after the 2005 regular season, so CFN seeded them all in a March Madness-like format based on the final BCS rankings and gave best guesses about what would've happened. Forget for a moment how taxing a six-game run to the national title would be and assume that teams could handle playing an NFL-like season full of games. How would the teams be seeded and how would it have all turned out? Would it have been as good as the hoops tourney? One caveat to keep in mind, the tournament would've started the week after the conference championships. That means no getting a month to heal before a bowl game, and no losing any momentum gained by a strong finish. Scroll down and check out our best guesses.

Hey, it's a long time until September!

We wouldn't lose to Clemson

229859[/snapback]

C'mon Slink, you know UGA has had touble in the past handling the pressure of a hypothetical/fictional/for off season entertainment only/ fake tournament.

I'm surprised CFN picked Auburn over Ohio State, even if it is made up. The media was mouth hugging them hard over the last few weeks of the season; and they are doing it now in the preseason.

I'm surprised CFN picked Auburn over Ohio State, even if it is made up. The media was mouth hugging them hard over the last few weeks of the season; and they are doing it now in the preseason.

229895[/snapback]

Mouth hugging...lol :D

Archived