Other schools that you respect besides Auburn

tigerfan1234

Clemson, Wake Forest, UGA, UK, UVA, BC, UNC, NCST, Southern Miss, all of the Big 12 and Murray State.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seems like Auburn fans like Clemson a lot any reasons why?

230037[/snapback]

I’ve always heard the schools are very similar. Also Clemson’s football program was started by an Auburn man, Walter Riggs in 1896. After graduation, he served as an assistant to the president at Auburn and was responsible for hiring John Heisman. He later went to Clemson as a professor and hired Heisman there in 1900. John Heisman

Orange, Purple and the Tiger

The first "colors" of Clemson can be seen in an early diploma displayed on campus. But to everyone's surprise, they're red and blue! The orange and purple began when Walter Merritt Riggs formed Clemson's first football team in 1896. Because Riggs had come from Alabama Polytechnic Institute (later renamed Auburn), he borrowed ideas from their team colors, orange and purple, and their mascot, the Tiger. Although the football team was known as the Tigers and often used "Eat 'Em Up, Tigers" as a slogan, it wasn't until 1954 that a Clemson student donned the mascot suit. In 1993, the Tiger was joined by the Tiger Cub

Also here is an article I found that was written prior to the '98 Peach Bowl about the similarities of Auburn and Clemson. Auburn - Clemson

Respect:

UGA, UVA, Clemson, Duke, UK

Despise:

UAT, UF, LSU, media darlings--[Notre Dame, USC(alifornia), Oklahoma]

I like to see Texas, Florida, Georgia, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma State do well.

229985[/snapback]

I don't respect :au: . Anyone who smokes victory cigars on the eye of the tiger, is straight up trash in my book.

229996[/snapback]

Then I'm the top of the trash heap...and proud of it. SMOKE EM IF YA GOT EM! B)

I smoke one every time we beat LS_WHO at home now...and enjoy the heck out of em....

:au::homer:

Virginia Tech (I don't know why), LSU, South Carolina.

230003[/snapback]

I don't know why either...dirtiest team in America right now. But, to each his own.

:)

:au::homer:

Go Purdue!! Boiler up!!

I also like South Carolina and Ole Miss (I guess on Ole Miss) since my brothers went there. Also a fan of Louisville

Respect: UGA, Troy, UAB

Detest: UAT, LSU, Notre Dame, USC, Florida State, Miami, Ole Miss, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Louisville, to name a few.

Respect:

Auburn

yeah thats pretty much it. I could give two craps about any other team until bowl season.

Like:

UGA , Penn State (Just want Joe Pa to beat out Bobby Bowden for the all-time record), LSU (when their standing doesn't affect Auburn's), Michigan (Just 'cause I hate Ohio St) , Any Big-12 school that gives Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Texas a run for their money

Despise:

BAMA, Southern Cal, BAMA, Ohio State, BAMA, Miami (FL), and...oh yeah: BAMA

Teams I cheer for for the sake of my friend's: Ole Miss, Florida

(I have a lot of Bama fans as friends, but hey, it's still BAMA! :angry: ]

. . . . . . .

Interesting how many of us like UGA. Southlink, do a lot of Georgia fans share an equal respect for us? That doesn't seem normal for big rivalries (See Bama/Tennnessee; Ohio St/Michigan, any of the Big-3 Florida schools' meeting, etc) But that's also why the AU/UGA rivalry is such a special one.

Interesting how many of us like UGA.  Southlink, do a lot of Georgia fans share an equal respect for us?  That doesn't seem normal for big rivalries (See Bama/Tennnessee; Ohio St/Michigan, any of the Big-3 Florida schools' meeting, etc)  But that's also why the AU/UGA rivalry is such a special one.

I have told this story for awhile now.

When I came to UGA, I hated Auburn. Ask anyone who knew me in 2001-2002 at SECFantatics.com....I bashed Auburn everytime I could. I grew up an LSU fan with all my family/friends and hated AU

Then I came to UGA and really...I started to like AU.

I am sure "online" you will find plenty of AU-Hating UGA fans but in reality, I think UF, UT, GT, and USC are ahead of AU on the "hate" list

I respect UGA because we are so much alike. I've heard David Housel speak on this topic.

"Fighting with UGA is like fighting with your brother. You may want to kick his *** for a while, but your always brothers. The fight will end eventually.

Fighting with Bama is like fighting with your in-laws. The fights are BITTER and they NEVER end."

We are...Penn State!

Also like UGA, Syracuse, kinda rooting for S.Carolina now.

But above all...

WAR EAGLE!

I have always been a little partial to Louisville, UGA and in the past I was a big FSU fan (not so any more though).

Now I am a Penn State fan if for no other reason than to see Joe Pa beat Diddy for the record.

Respect? Notre Dame UGA ....Oh, I almost forgot, La Tech and Central Florida! :D

Respect:

UGA, UNC, UVA (even if they are a bit pretentious), Tulane, Clemson

I like these teams, but don't know that I really "respect" them:

Arkansas, LSU, Southern Miss

Dislike:

Bama, Tenn, Miami, Notre Dame

Respect: Georgia, Clemson, Wisconsin(I know we lost to them, but they seem to be a classy school and have great fans overall), UAB(always like to see them win, plus it's my safety school), and Penn State(Ag schools unite!).

Dislike: Alabama(obvious, though I can't say my hatred is nearly as strong as others on this board), LSU, Tennessee, FSU, Oklahoma(Almost worse or equal to some Alabama fans), and Ole Miss.

I couldn't care less about Ole Miss until my sister started going there about 2-3 years ago. I really just do not like the people and school in general. Way too frat dominated for me. The people seem to be superficial and have some really messed up values. In other words, to me going there would be like a repeat of my high school and community. There are also too many spoiled, rich kids who waste there parents money on booze and drugs, instead of studying and trying to be in a position to get a good job when they graduate. That's just my opinion, i'm sure that there are individuals that are good people that are associated with the university also. Either way, I can't wait to go to the Auburn at Ole Miss game and conceal all my Auburn attire until someone asks me if I am going to go to Ole Miss like my sister and then reveal all my Auburn clothing and respond with a witty remark(any ideas, i've come up with some good ones).

I like to see Texas, Florida, Georgia, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma State do well.

229985[/snapback]

I don't respect :au: . Anyone who smokes victory cigars on the eye of the tiger, is straight up trash in my book.

229996[/snapback]

I do believe there are other message forums you can go to then. I would hate for you to be associated with "trash" like us when there are message boards full of people who can talk about burning vans.

:cheer:

229985[/snapback]

229996[/snapback]

I do believe there are other message forums you can go to then. I would hate for you to be associated with "trash" like us when there are message boards full of people who can talk about burning vans.

230228[/snapback]

UGA, Vandy, UAB, Troy, & Navy.

South Carolina.

Wife's a gamecock but I don't let the kids say cock. So we only root for :au: .

But their fanbase is the most loyal around. They could be last in the world and still have a huge party every home game.

Teams I like when not playing Auburn: UGA, LSU, Southern Illinois and anyone playing Bama

Teams I dislike..A LOT: Bama, UF, UT, Miss. State, University of Southern Cal, Penn State and Troy State

Archived