Other schools that you respect besides Auburn

tigerfan1234

South Carolina.

Wife's a gamecock but I don't let the kids say cock. So we only root for  :au: .

But their fanbase is the most loyal around. They could be last in the world and still have a huge party every home game.

230329[/snapback]

You are right. One of the BEST fan groups I have ever been around! Worth the trip for the atmosphere! Outside of having to climb through the goat pens at the local county fair that was there when we last played them in SC.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey lsuscott, do you need a whamblunce?? i respect auburn, lsu, georgia, vanderbilt ( they are like the little guys that you want to see do well) florida state, i know bobby bowden and his family personally being from birmingham and he is a great guy and a great coach, but not so high on terry. and i also respect any team coached by the ole ball coach steve spurrier

Interesting how many of us like UGA.  Southlink, do a lot of Georgia fans share an equal respect for us?  That doesn't seem normal for big rivalries (See Bama/Tennnessee; Ohio St/Michigan, any of the Big-3 Florida schools' meeting, etc)  But that's also why the AU/UGA rivalry is such a special one.

I have told this story for awhile now.

When I came to UGA, I hated Auburn. Ask anyone who knew me in 2001-2002 at SECFantatics.com....I bashed Auburn everytime I could. I grew up an LSU fan with all my family/friends and hated AU

Then I came to UGA and really...I started to like AU.

I am sure "online" you will find plenty of AU-Hating UGA fans but in reality, I think UF, UT, GT, and USC are ahead of AU on the "hate" list

230161[/snapback]

Its true, should have seen his comments and predictions on Campbell :lol: Slink wasn't much for Jason

quote=LSUSCOTT,Apr 10 2006, 04:54 PM]

I like to see Texas, Florida, Georgia, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma State do well.

229985[/snapback]

I don't respect :au: . Anyone who smokes victory cigars on the eye of the tiger, is straight up trash in my book.

229996[/snapback]

LSU is the top of the list of those I hate...for this kind of trash from trash. For the most part, classless dirt bombs. Yeah don't smoke a cigar in our stadium, but it's ok for you clowns to set cars and buildings on fire, throw whiskey bottles, and scream obscenities in front of the children of opposing teams. Nice set of priorities.

Teams I cheer for are other than AU are: UGA, UF, Texas (until they win the big one like last year and their fans get obnoxious!) and Michigan (was a Bo Schembechler fan when I was younger...and hated OSU).

Archived