T-News to name Greatest Football Program

GalensGhost

The Tuscaloosa News is in the process of counting down its list of the 25 best football programs. Here are some of the rules they put in play as part of the ten components they use to "evaluate" the programs:

1) Will consider only the last 80 years. There is NO correlation whatsoever in the fact that Alabama's first claimed NC was 1925. None. In fact, the T-News was completely unaware of this fortuitous coincidence.

2) In determining points awarded for coaching legacy, the cutoff is 179 games. Coaches who won fewer are awarded no points. Oh, darn! Shug Jordan finished with 176. What an unfortunate coincidence. The T-News was completely unaware that their cutoff level would exclude Jordan.

3) Will consider AP rankings from 2005 only. The sham ranking Bama received had no bearing on this decision.

4) Will consider only AP awarded National Championships. Was the News aware that four of Bama's five shared NC's since 1950 were fraudulently given to them by the AP? Of course not. Yet another coincidence.

This is, after all, a news organization. They would NEVER spin something so shallow as this to their favor. They are, of course, doing their dead level best to be completely fair and impartial.

Are these jackasses so starved for people to take them seriously that they'll stoop to this level? What a joke. Anybody want to bet how this scientific exercise will turn out?

Homer Idiots

I bet the sports "writers" at every other major paper in Alabama are kicking themselves right now and saying "Doh! Why didn't we name bama the greatest first?"

I swear, the lengths some people go to revive a dead horse. Geez.

:puke::ua:

The Tuscaloosa News is in the process of counting down its list of the 25 best football programs. Here are some of the rules they put in play as part of the ten components they use to "evaluate" the programs:

1) Will consider only the last 80 years.  There is NO correlation whatsoever in the fact that Alabama's first claimed NC was 1925.  None. In fact, the T-News was completely unaware of this fortuitous coincidence.

2) In determining points awarded for coaching legacy, the cutoff is 179 games. Coaches who won fewer are awarded no points. Oh, darn! Shug Jordan finished with 176. What an unfortunate coincidence.  The T-News was completely unaware that their cutoff level would exclude Jordan.

3) Will consider AP rankings from 2005 only. The sham ranking Bama received had no bearing on this decision.

4) Will consider only AP awarded National Championships.  Was the News aware that four of Bama's five shared NC's since 1950 were fraudulently given to them by the AP?  Of course not.  Yet another coincidence. 

This is, after all, a news organization. They would NEVER spin something so shallow as this to their favor. They are, of course, doing their dead level best to be completely fair and impartial.

Are these jackasses so starved for people to take them seriously that they'll stoop to this level?  What a joke.  Anybody want to bet how this scientific exercise will turn out? 

Homer Idiots

230248[/snapback]

Do I sense some penis envy. Why are :au: fans so jealous of :ua: . It's sort of funny.

1) Will consider only the last 80 years.   There is NO correlation whatsoever in the fact that Alabama's first claimed NC was 1925.  None. In fact, the T-News was completely unaware of this fortuitous coincidence.

2) In determining points awarded for coaching legacy, the cutoff is 179 games. Coaches who won fewer are awarded no points. Oh, darn! Shug Jordan finished with 176. What an unfortunate coincidence.  The T-News was completely unaware that their cutoff level would exclude Jordan.

4) Will consider only AP awarded National Championships.  Was the News aware that four of Bama's five shared NC's since 1950 were fraudulently given to them by the AP?  Of course not.  Yet another coincidence. 

Are these jackasses so starved for people to take them seriously that they'll stoop to this level?  What a joke.  Anybody want to bet how this scientific exercise will turn out? 

Homer Idiots

230248[/snapback]

Do I sense some penis envy. Why are :au: fans so jealous of :ua: . It's sort of funny.

230263[/snapback]

You're the only one thinking about penises here.

Curious, though, why are LSU fans so jealous of Auburn fans? So jealous that they feel the need to invade Auburn boards and talk weak, sad, shallow smack?

1) Will consider only the last 80 years.  There is NO correlation whatsoever in the fact that Alabama's first claimed NC was 1925.  None. In fact, the T-News was completely unaware of this fortuitous coincidence.

Homer Idiots

230248[/snapback]

230263[/snapback]

You're the only one thinking about penises here.

Curious, though, why are LSU fans so jealous of Auburn fans? So jealous that they feel the need to invade Auburn boards and talk weak, sad, shallow smack?

230265[/snapback]

To be fair... its only this sad lonely kid. I'm thinking he's somewhat deprived of attention?

We will see how much penis envy there is when the publication releases its rankings and LSU's 03 NC doesn't count in the evaluation (due to the AP only rule) and USC's does because LSU's didn't come from the AP. And don't tell me LSU fans won't cry foul, not after the crying that went on this fall about it.

Convienient choice speaking of USC, considering in 78 USC had the same record as Bama, beat Bama in Birmingham, still both got a NC..... guess which publication awarded Bama its?

The cutoff for their coaching record is a joke also. They have ruled out coaching legacy points for guys like Darrell Royal, Bud Wilkerson for example , legends at schools that would compete with Alabama for the top slot. How can you not give legacy points to a man that basically developed the 5-2 D, won 3 NC's, and won 47 straight games and won 82% of his games from like 1948 to 1963 for example. Some excellent Bear teams at Alabama faced off against Royal and Texas and never won.

As you can see, even taking a non Auburn approach (I even dare to use a OU view) its obvious that its rigged for Bama.

I heard that the Auburn Plainsman is set to announce Auburn University as the best football team ever (including pros)....I don't have a link, as of right now its just speculation

I heard that the Auburn Plainsman is set to announce Auburn University as the best football team ever (including pros)....I don't have a link, as of right now its just speculation

230305[/snapback]

Their scientific formula for scoring and ranking teams were based on Newton's second law of bama sucks.

1) Will consider only the last 80 years.   There is NO correlation whatsoever in the fact that Alabama's first claimed NC was 1925.  None. In fact, the T-News was completely unaware of this fortuitous coincidence.

Homer Idiots

230248[/snapback]

230263[/snapback]

Almost as funny as an LSU fan that has to make himself feel better by going on a rival's board to talk 3rd grade smack.

Homer Idiots

230248[/snapback]

230263[/snapback]

Scott, dont be such an angry person, We know deep down inside you are a nice guy. You just get so bent out of shape defending your "different" lifestyle.

v83eyo.jpg

Homer Idiots

230248[/snapback]

230263[/snapback]

Still whining about cigar's after five years and now bringing up penis envy.

And then this picture surfaces. :blink::blink:

lsuscottdance11ab.jpg

230303[/snapback]

you know, I’m surprised they haven't put in the rules something about having the "rock, paper, scissors champion. "

that has to count for something...right?

I sent the T-News a letter deriding their "journalism". I was told that "even they were surprised" at how it turned out and not to prejudge. Sure. I'll believe it when I see it.

I sent the T-News a letter deriding their "journalism".  I was told that "even they were surprised" at how it turned out and not to prejudge.  Sure.  I'll believe it when I see it.

230545[/snapback]

That just means that the '92 team was #1 instead of the '78 or '66 teams...

Guest Tigrinum Major
I sent the T-News a letter deriding their "journalism".   I was told that "even they were surprised" at how it turned out and not to prejudge.  Sure.  I'll believe it when I see it.

230545[/snapback]

230554[/snapback]

Since you are familiar with the woopig vernacular and probably will not take offense to this statement: Read more, post less.

This is a determination of the all time greatest all time program all time overall of all time, not just one season.

I sent the T-News a letter deriding their "journalism".   I was told that "even they were surprised" at how it turned out and not to prejudge.  Sure.  I'll believe it when I see it.

230545[/snapback]

230554[/snapback]

Since you are familiar with the woopig vernacular and probably will not take offense to this statement: Read more, post less.

This is a determination of the all time greatest all time program all time overall of all time, not just one season.

230560[/snapback]

I guess that was my weak attempt at humor...

It was my assumption that Bammer would be #1 on their list of programs. The "surprise" would be that they show the '92 team as it's best instead of another year.

Oh mama, I'm in Starkville...

Guest Tigrinum Major
I guess that was my weak attempt at humor...

It was my assumption that Bammer would be #1 on their list of programs.  The "surprise" would be that they show the '92 team as it's best instead of another year.

Oh mama, I'm in Starkville...

230561[/snapback]

Not a problem. I really just love busting on people anyway. I figured you could take it.

So, are you coming to the next AUNation Happy Hour?

Not if I am going to get treated like aMm. :poke:

Have any idea when there will be another? I would love to come, just have T-Ball priorities right now. By the way, I am getting a little better. I can almost hit off that Tee now...

Archived