I found all the Bama fans

GalensGhost

Just one question. How could the uat "guy" decide which was his "girlfriend" and which was the monkey?

232132[/snapback]

That's easy. He just had to find the one throwing poop at him. Then he knew which one was...oh well, nevermind.

232133[/snapback]

Simple - the baboon's ass was hairless........

I am from the Shoals also. I would say the combined Shoals Area does make Auburn seem a little rural.  The combined population of the Shoals Area is around 140,000 with its own DII school in Florence(Univ of North Alabama). I am unsure of the Auburn/Opelika pop. or even if they would be considered separate.

Not making excuses for an ignorant bammer, just stating the facts.

232108[/snapback]

It's not the quantity...it's the quality. I lived in Huntsville for years...and it's a little Red Necky in the Shoals.... :)

:au::homer:

232130[/snapback]

Saying you are from Huntsville, is the equivalent to saying,"I'm from Oregon".

Huntsvegas as I like to refer to Huntsville, is nothing more then an urban area for transplated Yankees and Indians.

The local Huntsville "Rag" Times is as Bama bias as it gets, (i.e. the AU Women's Golf NC getting third page coverage with a UAT's gym team practice getting front page coverage). They don't even bother to cover local HS football, probably because it is none existent in the HSV metro area. That is why they came up with the Huntsville Times Super 100, they had to find some HS football to cover if they had none in town.

The local regional TV stations serve to the Bamernecks out in the cotton towns along the TN, GA, & MS statelines (i.e. Muscle Shoals, Athens, Albertville, Cullman). I loved WHNT's honor Logan Young as some kind of UAT hero. Harold Bugg is a freakin idiot.

Ok..my rant is over.

232164[/snapback]

I guess the Time's high school football preview section that covers all of North Alabama is not enough for you, or the daily articles during the season is not worthwhile. The Times is more pro-Auburn than anti-Auburn like the B'ham rags. They at least had the Swimming and Diving NC's on the front page. Now the local tv stations are pro Bama, and they don't even try to hide it. It seems like all the female anchors are Bammers and they don't let you forget about it.

232167[/snapback]

"football preview of all of North Alabama"?. Never saw one mention about of HS football west of Decatur. I had to really search for an article about HS ball. They are more worried about freaking soccer and UAH hockey in Huntsville then they are about HS football. The evidence, Buckhorn's playoff run. What was is? Like the first metro team from HSV making it to the second round in 15 years or team from Madison County making it to the second round in several years? I forget the actual number of years.

232205[/snapback]

You must have missed the 2 or 3 front page articles they had about Buckhorn's playoff run. Who cares about football west of Decatur, it is all 1-A and 2-A schools that never do anything other than produce more rednecks.

You must have missed the 2 or 3 front page articles they had about Buckhorn's playoff run. Who cares about football west of Decatur, it is all 1-A and 2-A schools that never do anything other than produce more rednecks.

232507[/snapback]

Go ahead and throw 3a and 4a in there too.

Produce more rednecks and win more football state championships west of Decatur.

Lets compare HSV Time coverage of Buckorn to lets say the Times Daily's coverage of Colbert County HS, Hazelwood, Deshler, Courtland, Florence, Russelville and even Lauderdale County HS. I would bet each of these teams got at least 3 front page articles throughout the season and even a special on each one during the playoffs.

Aside from Deshler, what have those schools done, Florence has only been a school for what, 2 years? Where is most of the Times circulation, Madison County. Why not let the small local papers west of Decatur put the local high school football teams all over the front page since that is the only thing newsworthy over there.

You Tennessee Valley folks should know by now that the Bham area rules high school football in the state of Alabama! Teams from up that way are nothing more than 1st round fodder for those of us in the central part of the state. :big:

Good to see you back, PT!

Here comes my two cents...

You wanna complain about newspaper coverage, my HS (Smiths Station) is 6A and the main newspaper in the area isn't even in our state. We have to compete with the Columbus GA schools (all 10 of them) plus Central-Phenix City for attention.

Aside from Deshler, what have those schools done, Florence has only been a school for what, 2 years? Where is most of the Times circulation, Madison County. Why not let the small local papers west of Decatur put the local high school football teams all over the front page since that is the only thing newsworthy over there.

232558[/snapback]

Your ignorance of highschool football in the state of Alabama has been noted.

Thanks

232558[/snapback]

Thanks

232621[/snapback]

What ignorance? Just because I don't care about a bunch of west Alabama 1-A, 2-A schools doesn't mean I don't know anything about high school football in this state. I agree with Tiger in Spain, B'ham are schools run the show when it comes to football and nobody pouting about the lack of newspaper coverage for the likes of Crossville and Florence is going to convince me otherwise.

232558[/snapback]

Thanks

232621[/snapback]

What ignorance? Just because I don't care about a bunch of west Alabama 1-A, 2-A schools doesn't mean I don't know anything about high school football in this state. I agree with Tiger in Spain, B'ham are schools run the show when it comes to football and nobody pouting about the lack of newspaper coverage for the likes of Crossville and Florence is going to convince me otherwise.

232712[/snapback]

Your ignorance of high school football in the state of Alabama has once again been noted.

Maybe you should email CTT and tell him to stop recruiting at North of I565/Hwy 20 and let those kids (Sears, Odoms, Ricks) go onto UT with the Jason Allens and Jason Swains of N.AL. Since, they are not from a 6A school and all.

Thanks Again.

Archived