Under Armour merchandise in Auburn bookstore

WarTiger

Hmmm... not a big fan of any of that stuff. Hopefully the good stuff will be coming soon. I wonder when they'll be unveiling the jerseys?

Hmmm... not a big fan of any of that stuff. Hopefully the good stuff will be coming soon. I wonder when they'll be unveiling the jerseys?

232836[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of that stuff either. I personally liked the Russell gear. I loved their hats and dri fit polos. Plus $26.95 for a t-shirt is ridiculous to me. I had a feeling their apparel would be expensive.

I have to say that as much as I appreciate the support we are getting from UnderArmour, I don't like to wear anything that has a company's logo displayed that prominently. I don't wear Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren for that very reason - why should I pay them a lot of money so I can give them free advertising every time I wear their products??? I don't like the swoosh or the Reebok logos either, but at least they are usually discrete and on a sleeve or a pocket or something.

And seeing anything on an Auburn website marked "UA Logo shirt" gives me pause, you know? :lol:

Bleh. :puke:

Screw Under Armor if it's going to be like that. If your stuff is good you don't have to put your name all over it. If it's a cool shirt, people will just ask you "hey man where did you get that shirt?" Screw this "Under Armor by Auburn" stuff. It's the other way around buddy.

From what I could tell by looking at the prices of the stuff and the way they were shown, it looked to me like these were compression type shirts that players might wear under their jerseys, and they're just selling this stuff to the public. If that's the case, then the logo on the shirts won't be that visible.

Ummm, guys...have we noticed the Russel Jerseys? The Logo is the SAME SIZE and in the same location....and the way you all made it sound before I looked was that UA was bigger than any Auburn mention. Get a hold of yourselves

Ummm, guys...have we noticed the Russel Jerseys? The Logo is the SAME SIZE and in the same location....and the way you all made it sound before I looked was that UA was bigger than any Auburn mention. Get a hold of yourselves

232895[/snapback]

i agree

232836[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of that stuff either. I personally liked the Russell gear. I loved their hats and dri fit polos. Plus $26.95 for a t-shirt is ridiculous to me. I had a feeling their apparel would be expensive.

232839[/snapback]

I'd lay the blame for the price at the feet of J&M and not Under Armor. Because nobody would raise the price for the early adopters or anything.... :rolleyes:

i won't be buying any ua gear if it looks like that, regardless of the price.

also, every shirt that I have that was made by russell has the logo on the sleeve, not smack in the middle of the chest.

fact - under armour is higher quality than russell

fact - under armour is doing a better job of advertising

fact - under armour will sell way more merchandise than russell ever dreamed of

fact - they don't care if you don't like it cause you'll end up buying it for your kids anyway.

fact- Under armour is the most popular clothing aparel among athletes and fans right now.

fact- Under armour doesn't need your free advertising. They do well enough advertising for themselves

HOLY SH#@ BATMAN.......32.00 for a Compression T Shirt...

Ill stay with Tiger Rags as my favorite store :)

232836[/snapback]

232839[/snapback]

That grey T-shirt isn't just a normal cotton t-shirt. Its their cool/dry t-shirt.

Without the Auburn stuff written on it you would pay 19.95 for the shirt. Thats cheaper than Nike and Addidas's same type of shirt (was in Hibbets yesterday and compared the price). Actually the same price as Russells

http://mvp.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1124079&cp=968246

Russels dry power shirts with Auburn logo's ran $30.00-32.00 at the University Bookstore.

I have several shorts and different type of shirts from Underarmour, they work better and are of higher quality than Russell.

232895[/snapback]

Ummm, yeah, I did. And I didn't buy any Russell stuff either, unless the logo was on the sleeve. I don't pay someone to provide them with free advertising. Period.

232895[/snapback]

Ummm, yeah, I did. And I didn't buy any Russell stuff either, unless the logo was on the sleeve. I don't pay someone to provide them with free advertising. Period.

233264[/snapback]

really? not to be a smart ass but did you take all the badges off of your car after you bought it? :poke: (sorry i'm bored, stupid haley center)

They put that logo there because kids think it is cool. Under armour is hot right now and kids want people to know that they are wearing the popular brand, i don't like it either but lets be honest here, at least they are making more than sweatpants.

232895[/snapback]

233264[/snapback]

really? not to be a smart ass but did you take all the badges off of your car after you bought it? :poke: (sorry i'm bored, stupid haley center)

They put that logo there because kids think it is cool. Under armour is hot right now and kids want people to know that they are wearing the popular brand, i don't like it either but lets be honest here, at least they are making more than sweatpants.

233265[/snapback]

My car did not come with a local dealer emblem - that I would have had removed. Not much you can do about a car emblem. It is also very small in proportion to the rest of the car, unlike the shirts with the words TOMMY emblazoned across the front. Again, if the logo is small and discrete, on the sleeve or on the top of the shoulders in the back, that is different.

And I am well aware that they are marketing to kids and it is hip and cool to have UnderArmour clothes, and that is fine if that is how those kids want to spend their daddy's money. But not me. Personal choice. Deal.

I don’t buy apparel because they have cool ads or the kids love it. I buy what I like the best. It doesn’t matter to me if they’re the official provider for Auburn or not. I have bought some Russell gear but I don’t buy it exclusively. Also, I understand Under Armour does produce quality performance apparel for athletes. However I won’t be on the field this fall. I will be in the stands.

I don’t buy apparel because they have cool ads or the kids love it.  I buy what I like the best. It doesn’t matter to me if they’re the official provider for Auburn or not.  I have bought some Russell gear but I don’t buy it exclusively. Also, I understand Under Armour does produce quality performance apparel for athletes.  However I won’t be on the field this fall.  I will be in the stands.

233279[/snapback]

Its not all made for elite athletes though. Their cool gear for example is excellent for anyone that exercises, especially in hot and humid conditions as it moves water away from the skin allowing for evaporation which is a primary way the body cools itself. It can be especially useful for those that exercise that are overweight/obese (not saying your one of these btw) or on certain medications as these can affect thermoregulation.

I just wear the t-shirts around also as, especially on human days, it keeps me from feeling as hot and sticky compared to a normal cotton t-shirt.

I have to say that as much as I appreciate the support we are getting from UnderArmour, I don't like to wear anything that has a company's logo displayed that prominently.  I don't wear Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren for that very reason - why should I pay them a lot of money so I can give them free advertising every time I wear their products???  I don't like the swoosh or the Reebok logos either, but at least they are usually discrete and on a sleeve or a pocket or something. 

And seeing anything on an Auburn website marked "UA Logo shirt" gives me pause, you know?   :lol:

232841[/snapback]

Saw that...not good! I didn't like losing Russell from the get go. :puke:

:au::homer:

However I won’t be on the field this fall.  I will be in the stands.

233279[/snapback]

damn...I was looking forward to that!

Even though you may not like the look of the compression shirts, they are not going to be seen under the uniform. I doubt the uniform changes much if any at all except for the different supplier logo. Under Armour specializes in just what it's name implies. Their undershirts and other excercise apparel or great for working out and keeping the body heat inside where it needs to stay. That is very important as it gets later in the football season and starts to cool down. More then likely, the compression shirts on this page may be the only thing the team wears, if they even wear those. So, if you are worried about the looks and think this is a preview of what to expect from the team's apparel, I wouldn't give it any more thought.

I don't mind somebody's logo on something I buy, but I am a little like Jenny and I don't want so big or all over my shirt that it takes it from the real reason I bought it.

Judging from the Maryland bookstore it is mostly jerseys, some hats/visors/beanies, and the like ranger said their undershirts and about 2 outer T's, with some jackets also.

Though the guy at Hibbits was saying they are going to be getting in alot of different AU Under Armour stuff soon, but he didn't specify.

Archived