If this was Bama...you guys would be all over it

BamaGrad03

Why is no one talking about how GREAT Croom is anymore?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2429986

He only lets his players beat the ever loving crap out of a cop with zero punishment.

JPW got a DUI and suspended for a game and you guys were ready to crucify Shula.

All I heard for 2 years was how great Croom was gonna be and how much Shula suck'd...Needless to say...Im happy we got Shula and not Croom.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He only lets his players beat the ever loving crap out of a cop with zero punishment.

JPW got a DUI and suspended for a game and you guys were ready to crucify Shula.

All I heard for 2 years was how great Croom was gonna be and how much Shula suck'd...Needless to say...Im happy we got Shula and not Croom.

233524[/snapback]

Mississippi State? Never heard of 'em.

Croom is STILL a better coach than Shula. And JPW was never actually suspended. We've already gone over that.

How is Croom a better coach?

233528[/snapback]

Uhhhh... he doesn't suck? And he doesn't look like he's about to crap his pants most of the time.

You can think Shula's great all you want. In fact, I'm glad -- VERY glad -- you do. I hope he stays at Alabama for years and years and years.

Good argument! You and WarTim have the same "because I said so" type of style in your rebuttal. Unfortantely, that doesnt make your argument true.

"he doesnt suck"...hmm look at his record. Look at his record vs alabama. Look at the fact that he didnt inherit a team on probation.

What else do you have to judge him by?

Good argument! You and WarTim have the same "because I said so" type of style in your rebuttal. Unfortantely, that doesnt make your argument true.

"he doesnt suck"...hmm look at his record. Look at his record vs alabama. Look at the fact that he didnt inherit a team on probation.

233532[/snapback]

Keep on loving Shula. I'm fine with it.

You can console yourself in whatever manner suits you, but Croom inherited a situation at MSU far worse than Shula did at Bama.

You can console yourself in whatever manner suits you, but Croom inherited a situation at MSU far worse than Shula did at Bama.

Because you say it, it must be true right? Assuming you are right...how many games per year is that worth?

Croom is 6-16 (with one win against Murray St) and has shown ZERO signs of improvement. Not only do his teams lose, they get destroyed.

Even when Shula started out 4-8, his teams were in EVERY SINGLE game. And his teams have improved every year.

Croom has been a huge disappointment for MSU

His players are incredibly bad even when I don't think they were as bad as they played (lose to Maine.....MAINE????).

His offense has been maybe the worst run offense I have ever seen at the D1 Level.

He has brought nothing to MSU recruiting wise....NOTHING

There is zero energy at MSU these days

Link, I know you're no Shula lover. Who would you say you'd rather have coaching your team?

233543[/snapback]

I don't want EITHER of them. But that doesn't mean Shula sucks less than Croom.

Then please answer my question...how many games or better still...how many points per game does Croom get to handicap with over shula?

Unless its like 45 points per game...your argument has no weight.

Anyone on this board could lose every game at MSU...that doesnt mean they are a great coach.

Then please answer my question...how many games or better still...how many points per game does Croom get to handicap with over shula?

Unless its like 45 points per game...your argument has no weight.

Anyone on this board could lose every game at MSU...that doesnt mean they are a great coach.

233547[/snapback]

They both suck. What's your point?

I'd take Shula over Croom in an instant.

Croom was the most overrated hire in a long time, and still is an overrated coach if people think he is good.

Link, I know you're no Shula lover. Who would you say you'd rather have coaching your team?

233543[/snapback]

I like Shula a lot. I just am not sold on him as an OC yet for Alabama.

I would take Shula over Croom in a heartbeat right now.

If Croom could show the least bit of improvement in recruiting I may like him more but MSU's recruiting efforts are so half-assed

I think both coaches are crap. Enough said. Shula is putting his offense in a bind year in and out by actually acting like a OC (see AU in 2003....then in 2004, notice the OC change there).... If he actually had some sense, and actually wanted to win without the ball having a lucky bounce here and there...he would add some firepower coaching to the offensive side of the ball.

Croom just doesn't get the job done, but who would want to play for Miss St. anyways? The recruiting isn't exactly super over there. Playing Miss St. is a definite win for any of the major SEC teams...they have stooped to the level of Vandy/Kentucky.

At first all of BG's whining :nopity: was making it where I didnt even want to give this post the time of day but I will speak my .02 after all.

While I don’t condone the actions of Sly Croom on the issue one thing that does stick out to me in the two instances is this little quote.

Each was fined $500 and received a six-month suspended sentence for misdemeanor simple assault.

This means they went to court and faced the punishment of the law, no matter if you or I agree with it or not.

Unlike Wilson who was UNDER AGE and charged with DUI, who reached a secret agreement with a very very pro bammer area Nothport police department. :bs: He was granted youthful offender status, so we will never know all that went down in the agreement. My guess is the judge got press box tickets to the UT game. I think what got to most people was the way shula handled it was only after the game you found out the he was even suspended.

Correct me if i am wrong about a suspended sentence does it not mean if they get in trouble again in the next six months they go to jail for violating the suspended sentence?

While I don’t agree with Croom's handling of it I will still say he did a better job than shula by letting the courts handle it instead of going we will handle it in house. Then only after seeing they were not going to need him to play go "oh yeah he was suspended this week...." I have a good friend who was convicted of dui at 19 and was given 6 months probation and 300 hours of community service on top of paying for his $350 ticket.

Northport is NOT pro bama. And they are NOT easy on DUIs. But he isnt the first person to be given youthful offender status. Nothing new really. AU fans are just mad because Shula didnt go door to door asking if his punishment was enough for JPW.

Northport is NOT pro bama. And they are NOT easy on DUIs. But he isnt the first person to be given youthful offender status. Nothing new really. AU fans are just mad because Shula didnt go door to door asking if his punishment was enough for JPW.

233568[/snapback]

Northport not pro bama?? :huh: that's like saying Opelika is not pro Auburn. If Northport is not easy on DUI why is it common to get youthful offender status for its young people? Sounds like a contradiction to me but I am not even trying to discuss that.

I think what pissed most people off about it the way it was handled if he had come out before and said Wilson was suspended for the UT game it would have gone over much better. Yes your still going to have some no matter what he did or said it wasn't going to be good enough. However waiting till after to see if Brodie was going to get hurt or the chance they might need him, then say he was suspended just cheapened the whole deal.

This is stupid. First of all, Shula is a much better coach than Croom. There is no question there. BG pointed out that we didn't say a word about the incident that happened there but that just goes to show how horrible the MSU program is. They are that irrelevant. Anyways, if anyone wants to argue that Croom is a better coach than Shula they're crazy, or hopefully just trying to stir the pot.

no way in hell you can compare shula to croom. I was rooting for croom to do well in the sec but he has done nothing but tank. They lost to freakin maine for god's sake, i don't care how bad you are an sec team should never lose to maine. So lets compare these two real quick Lose to Maine or win 10 games in a season and go to the cotton bowl. No comparision.

233524[/snapback]

To get back on point...Yes you are correct. If this were flipper we would be all over it. Croom and MSU football barely even rate being in the SEC anymore. That is why nobody cares. I for one am very disappointed that Croom seems to be in the same mold that Jackie Sherrill was....Wait a minute.....aren't they both "bars' boys"? Hmmmmm.

233532[/snapback]

Well, Well. Little old crybaby uater is gonna' drag me into a debate as to the coaching ability of flipper?

Ain't gonna go for it. flipper is the most pathetic excuse for a "coach" in the SEC.

Please, continue to bury your head in the dark pink sand and encourage your redneck buddies to do the same.

p.s. Thanks for the HUGE laugh. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

233524[/snapback]

BG...Croom is a Bamar...so you never heard how GREAT he was going to be...from us. :)

:au::homer:

233524[/snapback]

OK, I'll bite. Wasn't Croom one of bear's boys? Proverbs 22:6

Feel better now?

Archived