If this was Bama...you guys would be all over it

BamaGrad03

I'm so sick of hearing about Bama's 10 wins. So what if Bama won 10 games? Bama was 9-0, beating maybe 1 good team in that span. In the final 2 weeks they played the 2 best teams on their schedule and lost to both.  :puke:   :ua:

233696[/snapback]

Yeah...you are right. LSU was one play better than bama last year. Way to represent the west in the SECCG.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah...you are right. LSU was one play better than bama last year. Way to represent the west in the SECCG.

233710[/snapback]

Surely to heaven you don't actually believe this?

233710[/snapback]

233716[/snapback]

I guess when we talk about being one play away from winning we should just forget the one play that beat

Ole Miss

Miss St

Tennessee

Texas Tech

Did I miss any? Anyway, you have to take the good with the bad.

233710[/snapback]

233716[/snapback]

Being that we hit our FG in OT and LSU completed a crazy pass on 3rd down and long...yeah not only do i believe it...you can't possibly prove it otherwise.

Oh nevermind...you can go "nope thats not true because I say so" and we will all have to believe you.

233710[/snapback]

233716[/snapback]

Being that we hit our FG in OT and LSU completed a crazy pass on 3rd down and long...yeah not only do i believe it...you can't possibly prove it otherwise.

Oh nevermind...you can go "nope thats not true because I say so" and we will all have to believe you.

233751[/snapback]

BAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA...

I knew you guys were delusional, but this just proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Like always, you reuse to provide a rebutall that has any substance.

Explain to me please...how my claims were false.

233755[/snapback]

I wouldn't expect an explanation. But anyways, by the same logic you were only one play better than Ole Miss. I don't really care to get into this because this whole thread has gotten pretty ridiculous.

This is simple guys.

Croom-fired after this season

Shula-fired after next season

233755[/snapback]

I've already played this game with you, BG. When confronted with substance, you decide to let it go and "end the hijack".

You make me laugh.

But your claims are patently false. LSU was a substantially superior team and you know it. They may have been one play away from losing, but that in no way indicates the relative quality of either team. Good teams routinely perform down to expectations when playing poor ones. Alabama may have been one play from beating LSU, but that's a significant difference from LSU being one play better than Alabama.

like i said...1 play. since we didnt play them 10 times...all we have to go on is the game where they played one another. And in that game, they were one play better than us. i dont think it can be any clearer...but the again, i dont live in a world where calling someone delusional is a sufficient argument.

I find it HILARIOUS that all our close wins were "luck" and our close loss was a lot worse than it appeared. Its ok...in your world your perception is the only reality.

LSU was substantially better? How? In my defense I have where they ACTUALLY played. In YOUR defense you have "because you say so"

Alabama didnt deserve their final ranking? In my defense I have the two polls (coaches and AP) whom both gave us that ranking...in your defense you have "AP voters are out of touch"...so in the Galen's Ghost poll you say we suck. Again, I think I win. But who knows...maybe someone will give you an AP vote next year.

so in the Galen's Ghost poll you say we suck.

233765[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure most of us on here, not just Galen's Ghost, can agree that you suck.

:D:poke::moon:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Alabama didnt deserve their final ranking? In my defense I have the two polls (coaches and AP) whom both gave us that ranking...in your defense you have "AP voters are out of touch"...so in the Galen's Ghost poll you say we suck. Again, I think I win. But who knows...maybe someone will give you an AP vote next year.

233765[/snapback]

I'm all for GG having an AP vote next year.

Shula is a great coach. The best in the SEC. He more than deserves a lifetime contract at UAT for $900 billion dollars. Please, please, please do everything in your power to keep Shula at UAT. Such a great coach.

Why is no one talking about how GREAT Croom is anymore?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2429986

He only lets his players beat the ever loving crap out of a cop with zero punishment.

JPW got a DUI and suspended for a game and you guys were ready to crucify Shula.

All I heard for 2 years was how great Croom was gonna be and how much Shula suck'd...Needless to say...Im happy we got Shula and not Croom.

233524[/snapback]

OK ... (sorry I'm late to the party, y'all) ... BG, it wasn't ZERO punishment -- all six players were initially suspended indefinitely by Croom. In this case, the suspension ended up being a little over a month in duration. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing their suspension was total for the whole time, and they weren't allowed to dress out with the team and stand on the sideline holding a clipboard like jpw during his (bogus) suspension.

Then again, Croom had to weigh what to do with 6 FRESHMEN in the off-season as opposed to shulla deciding what to do with his 20-yr old (only legitimate) backup QB in the middle of the season. At one extreme, Croom could have kicked them all off the team. The other extreme (the uat way) would have been to do absolutely nothing to the players but state to the press after the fact that they had served a suspension. It was Croom's judgement to reinstate his players and I'm not going to 2nd guess him because I don't know the whole story. The article you linked only provided one side of the story -- the police's side. The agreement to have them pay a $500 fine & plead guilty to a misdemeanor sounds like a face saving deal for all.

Now, let's look at the record thing since you seem to be hanging your hat on that as "proof." Croom came into a far worst situation at MSU than shulla did at uat, and far worse than Tuberville inherited at AU. Former uat player/asst coach jackie sherrill departed MSU one step ahead of the NCAA law (typical uat luck.) The cupboard was not only bare but it had been stolen too. You've got to have some talent to compete & MSU has zero talent. Even if Spurrier took over MSU, I would not expect him to compete with the SEC West big boys (that would be AU & LSU) for about another 4 years, or until he stockpiles enough talent to stay in the games. Realistically, MSU is Div 11-A status. Even still, Croom won 6 games in his first 2 years, including a monumental upset over UF. shulla won 10 ... but played 3 more games than Croom. Whoo -- hoo. You're right, shulla is better than Croom. I am overjoyed shulla has decided to not jump back into the pro ranks, but rather stay at uat. Wait ... that didn't sound right.

Maybe this will put an end to this lively debate...... :)

flipper's BEST "team" was Totally and Completely DOMINATED by the Auburn Tigers. :au:

Any more questions? :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Tigrinum Major
I am overjoyed shulla has decided to not jump back into the pro ranks...

233785[/snapback]

I was unaware this had been an option.

I am overjoyed shulla has decided to not jump back into the pro ranks...

233785[/snapback]

I was unaware this had been an option.

233833[/snapback]

Stop it already...I have gone through 2 monitors in this thread.

Maybe there will be a spot open in KC soon for him though...

Last I heard Shula was pratically chased out of the NFL for his miserable offenses.

Last I heard Shula was pratically chased out of the NFL for his miserable offenses.

233872[/snapback]

VERY likely. His college "offense" is very offensive. :D

okay, i'm joining this party late, but i like all sides of this debate so i'm gonna address 'em all.

1) croom let the guys off easy, BUT it's nothing like what happened with johnny walker wilson at the crapstone last year NOR is it on the level of what went on while jackie was here. (and i say here because i live in starkville again after i grew up here... i know jackie's regime and i know croom's) there is a lot of stuff that tells me the way croom handled it was the right way though.

A) the cop was off duty, and the players had no idea he was a cop until AFTER the fight had started, at which point they left the scene. does that excuse a beat down? no, but it does excuse the whole "they beat up a cop thing." he wasn't a cop when he got worked over. B) this cop apparently begs for this stuff. he's been jumped 3 times off duty. i was told that by a family member of his that goes to starkville high, so i believe it. i don't know what he does, but i've been to a LOT of parties and never been jumped. so he's doing something get the wrong attention. C) croom suspended them from all team activities while the sentencing and court proceedings were being handed down. that's the right thing to do. D) croom, not the court, insisted that all 6 players go to anger management classes, and now that those courses are complete, he's requiring them to speak in front of the whole team to tell what each of them learned. another good thing. all in all, i'd say they got off light for a beat-down, but they didn't go unpunished like johnny walker did last fall.

2) RIGHT NOW, i'd take shula over croom if for no other reason than he appears to be a pretty solid recruiter and he's got a decent staff. however, i don't think the results at either place (one good season in alabama and a couple big upsets in starkville) would have been drastically different if they had switched places from the start. croom in bama would've given you a good year; shula at msu yields loses and some enthusiasm.

i disagree completely with slink's assessment of msu. they have been a solid run team in the sec coupled with the worst passing attack i've ever watched. no lie. look at the numbers: norwood's been over 1000 yards each of the last two years and msu has been 11th (2004) and 12th (2005) in passing the last two years. that production has led to a change in philosophy coming into this year. croom says they're scraping the west coast offense, moving omar conner (starting qb the last two years) to wr permanently, and looking to pound the ball at teams every game. there is a little excitement around the program still in starkville, but another 3-4 win season, and that will be gone as well. i think croom's been a little better at recruiting than folks think; it's just really hard to pull talent at msu: you're 90 miles from ttown, you have another sec school in state, you've got two cusa teams within 150 miles (usm and memphis), and mississippi isn't overruning with talent. there's plenty for two teams, but there's not enough for four with lsu and alabama cherry-picking the state.

3) bama was the third best team in the west last year. auburn had a meltdown against wisconsin that somehow made bama fans forget about getting their asses handed to them a month and half earlier, and lsu, whether it was luck or skill, beat auburn and alabama. the pecking order was lsu, auburn, and alabama. i know the 10 win juice is intoxicating, but don't forget, even if bama pulls out a win over lsu, that beating you got in auburn keeps you home for the sec title game.

bama was lucky in spots last year, and possibly unlucky in others. but fact is, luck or no you weren't close to winning the sec. start competing for the west title in earnest and auburn fans will stop bashing your half-ass coach.

bama was lucky in spots last year, and possibly unlucky in others. but fact is, luck or no you weren't close to winning the sec. start competing for the west title in earnest and auburn fans will stop bashing your half-ass coach.

233945[/snapback]

Amen :cheer:

Why is no one talking about how GREAT Croom is anymore?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2429986

He only lets his players beat the ever loving crap out of a cop with zero punishment.

JPW got a DUI and suspended for a game and you guys were ready to crucify Shula.

All I heard for 2 years was how great Croom was gonna be and how much Shula suck'd...Needless to say...Im happy we got Shula and not Croom.

233524[/snapback]

oh yea, for sure. I think Shula was the right choice over Croom.

Guest Tigrinum Major

oh yea, for sure. I think Shula was the right choice over Croom.

234405[/snapback]

I love all the deep thought and insight you bring to the board.

Archived