BG's man love of Joe Kines

BamaGrad03

The Bama media machine can blow this guy up to be at least 2nd team SEC, but looking at the biggest game of the 2005 season; he played like the typical overated Bama LB. Once again, Kines’ coaching genius shines brightly.

I would have replied earlier...but i had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard. Um...dude...Kines has had one of the top 3 defenses NATIONALLY for the last 2-3 years. In spite of an offense that always gives the other team the ball at midfield.

Oh but wait...everybody said Kines was going to suck before he got here...so maybe thats what you are going by. I mean after all...that does make more sense than going by real numbers.

Im sure you know more than him...hey, who is it that you coach for?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bama media machine can blow this guy up to be at least 2nd team SEC, but looking at the biggest game of the 2005 season; he played like the typical overated Bama LB. Once again, Kines’ coaching genius shines brightly.

I would have replied earlier...but i had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard. Um...dude...Kines has had one of the top 3 defenses NATIONALLY for the last 2-3 years. In spite of an offense that always gives the other team the ball at midfield.

Oh but wait...everybody said Kines was going to suck before he got here...so maybe thats what you are going by. I mean after all...that does make more sense than going by real numbers.

236474[/snapback]

the real numbers are great....Only two offenses ranked in the top 40 that bama played against...Not really a stellar defense, but subpar offenses...

236474[/snapback]

the real numbers are great....Only two offenses ranked in the top 40 that bama played against...Not really a stellar defense, but subpar offenses...

236482[/snapback]

How dare you bring logic and dare I say....FACTS into the discussion!

Um...we played the #1 offense in the nation in our bowl game...how many points did they score?

Texas Tech averaged 40ppg they scored 10

Texas Tech averaged 388 passing ypg and they got 226 on 36 attempts!

Florida averaged 28ppg they scored 3

7 points less than they scored against Texas I believe.

236495[/snapback]

Wow compare us to the national champions...ill take it

They also got 468 total yards against Texas and only 329 against us.

You dont finish with the #2 Total Defense in the nation 2 years in a row if you have a sorry defense or a D Cord who doesnt know how to coach.

You also dont finish with the #7 2004 and #1 2005 scoring defense.

Um...we played the #1 offense in the nation in our bowl game...how many points did they score?

Texas Tech averaged 40ppg they scored 10

Texas Tech averaged 388 passing ypg and they got 226 on 36 attempts!

Florida averaged 28ppg they scored 3

236490[/snapback]

Try again chief. Two teams you played that finished in the top 40 in offense. TT who is 6 and Auburn who is 37. next delusion.

#1 passing offense

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...ampass&site=org

#4 Scoring offense

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...coroff&site=org

So we hold the #1 passing offense to 226 yards on 36 attempts and the #4 scoring offense to 10 points...and you are saying we suck? please explain

All this begs the question...

Where was your vaunted defense during the first quarter of the 2005 Iron Bowl? As I recall, we hung 21 on your awesome defense before I had to break the seal.

All this begs the question...

Where was your vaunted defense during the first quarter of the 2005 Iron Bowl?  As I recall, we hung 21 on your awesome defense before I had to break the seal.

236504[/snapback]

then put it on cruise control....

#1 passing offense

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...ampass&site=org

#4 Scoring offense

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...coroff&site=org

So we hold the #1 passing offense to 226 yards on 36 attempts and the #4 scoring offense to 10 points...and you are saying we suck? please explain

236502[/snapback]

I'm not breaking your balls, you just don't read what you post. You stated that you "played the number 1 offense in the country".

You did not!

#1 Offense

When you are going to state a fact, it had best be one.

Hey, if your happy being .500 vs. quality offenses, who are we to argue.

236506[/snapback]

Wow...AU played ONE...count em...ONE offense in the top 40 last year. That was wisconsin (#13) and they put 24 up on you guys...including 548 freaking yards.

The #42 offense hung 30 on you guys. Lets not forget they 27 you gave up to kentucky.

So if AU played 1 top 40 offense and finished ranked #6...and we played 2 top 40 offenses and finished #2...how is it again that we suck?

God you guys are some homers.

28-18!!! :)

:au::homer:

Guest Tigrinum Major
So if AU played 1 top 40 offense and finished ranked #6...and we played 2 top 40 offenses and finished #2...how is it again that we suck?

236509[/snapback]

We aren't the ones spouting off stats to try and boost up our team and coaching staff.

I tell you what, we'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be samrter.

7 points less than they scored against Texas I believe.

236495[/snapback]

Wow compare us to the national champions...ill take it

They also got 468 total yards against Texas and only 329 against us.

You dont finish with the #2 Total Defense in the nation 2 years in a row if you have a sorry defense or a D Cord who doesnt know how to coach.

You also dont finish with the #7 2004 and #1 2005 scoring defense.

236497[/snapback]

Don't get the big head or anything. I was just trying to help show that the defense was good last year.

However, Tejas put up 42 on their average defense. There, that should bring you down to earth a little... :poke:

We aren't the ones spouting off stats to try and boost up our team and coaching staff.

I tell you what, we'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter.

I was defending the idiotic comment that joe kines doesnt know how to coach. then pcola brought out the first stat about how we only played 2 top 40 teams...THEN i defended my position. How does that mean i need to be 'smarter'?

However, Tejas put up 42 on their average defense. There, that should bring you down to earth a little... poke1.gif

Never said we had a top scoring offense. :P;)

236474[/snapback]

Oh, how the situation in West Vance has changed in recent times?

You were probably one of those UATers that jumped on the band wagon to run Kines out of West Vance at the end of 03 season.

The stats don’t lie, I guess.

So for Crimson pride, name one offensive powerhouse UAT beat in either 04 or 05? In powerhouse, I mean a team that runs to setup the pass and can pretty much run or throw on any conference opponent.

UF, couldn’t run the ball on Vandy

UT, couldn’t run the ball on Vandy and lost

That leaves Arkansas, maybe Southern Miss

Shut up with your ranked defense theory, go spout that mess on the pink nation.com. Poor delusional bammer, trying to rationalize some kind of success, after four years of frustration

Hey, if your happy being .500 vs. quality offenses, who are we to argue.

236506[/snapback]

Wow...AU played ONE...count em...ONE offense in the top 40 last year. That was wisconsin (#13) and they put 24 up on you guys...including 548 freaking yards.

The #42 offense hung 30 on you guys. Lets not forget they 27 you gave up to kentucky.

236509[/snapback]

Homerism?????

You state the WRONG facts to try to defend an opinion. Most people know that facts are facts and opinions are not. The original opinion was that Joe Kines sux. That is his opinion. I personally do not agree with this, but it is his and he has a right to it. I am sure Coach Kines appreciates you defending his honor. In my opinion, Joe Kines is the only reason flipper got to get a fat raise, is the ONLY reason you guys had as much success as you did in the W/L column, and is the only way you have ANY success next year with a green QB and subpar offensive line.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I tell you what, we'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter.

I was defending the idiotic comment that joe kines doesnt know how to coach. then pcola brought out the first stat about how we only played 2 top 40 teams...THEN i defended my position. How does that mean i need to be 'smarter'?

236516[/snapback]

You brought up your Number 2 in the country defense and then when you got smacked around, you brought up ours and the fact that we hadn't played anyone ranked that high except Wisconsin and how they slapped us around. We aren't bragging about how great our defense was, you are the only one that brought it up. Be smarter than trying to manufacture an argument. So stop trying to pull something up to make your point when no one has done any such a thing. I don't give a damn about national rankings of defensive stats at this point. Most Bama fans, on the other hand, seem obsessed with such things.

I find solace in 28-18 and the fact that your defense was owned that day. Before you bring up anything about winning the last three quarters or anything, let me just remind you that any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

I tell you what, we'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be samrter.

236516[/snapback]

Before you bring up anything about winning the last three quarters or anything, let me just remind you that any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

236519[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Yeah...you guys are right. Alabama could go 12-1 win the SEC...and beat everyoone by 40 pts...but if they lost to AU then they suck.

Whatever. I said #1 offense and it was #4...big deal. #1 pass offense works just as well.

I presented plenty of information to show that Alabama has had one of the top 3 defenses in the nation the last two years...and ya'll respond with "28-18".

I respond to pcola's top 40 comment and you turn it on me like im the one whos pulling stuff out of my butt.

My only intent was to show that Kines is a good d cord...your counter was that we played no good offenses. my counter was that you didnt either. So if our defense and coordinator sucks then everyone's does.

We had one bad game...but it really wasnt that bad. AU scored early because our offense kept going 3 and out and giving you guys the ball at midfield.

Again, how in the world do you say that the #2 total defense 2 years in a row is a bad one? You can even argue that we didnt play many good offenses, but that doesnt make us a BAD defense.

We played the #4 offense in the nation and absolutely embarassed them. But i guess that means we suck.

We had one bad game...but it really wasnt that bad. AU scored early because our offense kept going 3 and out and giving you guys the ball at midfield.

236523[/snapback]

Once again stop me if I am wrong but over at Jordan Hare West didn't you boys get the ball inside the 20 a couple of times? How many points came out of that? That's what I thought. Okay now start the dribble about precious Brodie being out, RB's having cracked ribs, the eclipse of the moon two weeks earlier, psychic friends network being shut down, or whatever else you can come up with.

Once again stop me if I am wrong but over at Jordan Hare West didn't you boys get the ball inside the 20 a couple of times? How many points came out of that? That's what I thought. Okay now start the dribble about precious Brodie being out, RB's having cracked ribs, the eclipse of the moon two weeks earlier, psychic friends network being shut down, or whatever else you can come up with.

You arent even talking about the same game. 2004 vs 2005 season

I never said anything about our offense being great

I never said anything about your defense being poor

I have said that you CANT keep throwing the iron bowl in my face as the sole barometer of our defensive, or team success. its a completely disjointed argument. otherwise i could look at the Ga Tech game and surmise that Brandon Cox is the worst QB in AU history.

Archived