BG's man love of Joe Kines

BamaGrad03

AU's record since 2000 is 55-21. Clearly, ... upper echelon. They have played in the SEC title game twice and tied for it a couple other times. I think the point about a 10-win season is pretty obvious -- it doesn't mean squat unless you win something with it. It's kinda like Boise St or Kansas St recording 10 wins. BFD. Ole Miss is a perfect example for you bammie types: they won 10 and didn't even play in the title game. Do you see them beating their chests over that year? Does anyone even remember which year it was? Arky is another example: they didn't win 10 once but they at least played in the title game. They didn't win but hey, someone has to lose that game. It's never automatic.

I didn't pick the timeframe. The record is what it is. Enjoy your mid-tier status. Think Ole Miss & Arky will be gunning for you next year?

You were the one who brought up 10 win seasons being a big deal. Again, how many SEC titles has AU won since we went to the divison system? One. Woooooooooww...

To try and compare us to ole miss is a joke. You know it...but you wont admit it.

What i find downright HILARIOUS is that through our worst stretch in bama football history (since dubose took over) you have the same amount of hardware as we do:one sec title. Yet you want to talk all this trash.

Again, glass house and you are just chuckin stones all over the place.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To try and compare us to ole miss is a joke. You know it...but you wont admit it.

237032[/snapback]

Actually? No, it's not. Bama is Ole Miss minus about 15 years. In 15 years, you'll still be yammering about stuff that happened in the "good old days" like they are. And those "good old days" will be 15 more years removed.

My daughter gets her driver's license this year. 1992 means nothing to her. Before her time. For the whole of her life, Alabama has been Ole Miss. A pest that occasionally has a good season. She is a bigger AU fan than I am, she lives for it. But beating Alabama has no real resonance for her. Other than shutting up a few rednecks, it really has no more meaning to her than beating Ole Miss. For her, Georgia and LSU are the games she looks forward to from day one of the off season. Bama is just an annoyance at the end of the year.

If you poll most of the people 20 and under you'll find that Bama really doesn't mean much to them at all. No more than South Carolina, MSU, Ole Miss, etc.

Guest Tigrinum Major
As humorous as I find this thread to be...  I gotta give BG some credit.  He is responsible for one of the best threads on here in a while.

236721[/snapback]

Except he is not responsible for it. He (and an Auburn poster) hijacked a thread about Juwan Simpson with silly DC smack.

Then someone with super secret mod powers split the thread and gave it a funny name.

C'mon, people. give credit where credit is due.

You were the one who brought up 10 win seasons being a big deal. Again, how many SEC titles has AU won since we went to the divison system? One. Woooooooooww...

What i find downright HILARIOUS is that through our worst stretch in bama football history (since dubose took over) you have the same amount of hardware as we do:one sec title.  Yet you want to talk all this trash.

Again, glass house and you are just chuckin stones all over the place.

237032[/snapback]

Nope -- check any post I've made on this forum. I've been consistent regarding artificial hyping up of 10-win seasons as some kind of actual accomplishment. I am about as impressed with uat's recent 10-win seasons as I am with Ole Miss's. Without any hardware to go with it, a 10-win season is something akin to padding stats.

Sadly, you're wrong about the hardware aspect too. The SEC awards trophies (aka hardware) to teams that tie for the Division Title. AU has a couple of trophies (aka hardware) for when they tied the SEC West representative to the title game but lost out on the tie-breaker. When you add all those trophies to the SEC Championship trophy, that means AU has more hardware than uat. Not one bit of trash talking. That's the facts bro -- I gotta call 'em as I see 'em.

One more thing -- we don't have any recent 10-win seasons to brag about like uat does. We do have a 13-win season we're mighty proud of, though. :lol:

Uhhh....Auburn has only one 10 win season in that time.

And its awfully convienent that the cutoff was 2000 instead of 99. Since we won it in 99. AU only has one sec title in the last...what 20 years?

Glass house, stones shouldnt be projectiles....

237028[/snapback]

AU's record since 2000 is 55-21. Clearly, ... upper echelon. They have played in the SEC title game twice and tied for it a couple other times. I think the point about a 10-win season is pretty obvious -- it doesn't mean squat unless you win something with it. It's kinda like Boise St or Kansas St recording 10 wins. BFD. Ole Miss is a perfect example for you bammie types: they won 10 and didn't even play in the title game. Do you see them beating their chests over that year? Does anyone even remember which year it was? Arky is another example: they didn't win 10 once but they at least played in the title game. They didn't win but hey, someone has to lose that game. It's never automatic.

I didn't pick the timeframe. The record is what it is. Enjoy your mid-tier status. Think Ole Miss & Arky will be gunning for you next year? :lol:

237029[/snapback]

So you'd rather claim a tie (even though you've lost the tiebreaker) in the SECW standings than a double digit win season? 10+ wins is a lot better than "2nd place in the division", which is exactly what this "tie" is that y'all speak of.

They sure did beat their chests over it. In fact, they produced a video on their 2003 year. Funny, they claim the SEC West Co-title just like you guys do. Freaking hilarious. So does :au: = :om: ? But then again, they did win their bowl game that year so I guess that kinda blows that argument...

And its awfully convienent that the cutoff was 2000 instead of 99. Since we won it in 99. AU only has one sec title in the last...what 20 years?

237028[/snapback]

I didn't pick the timeframe. The record is what it is. Enjoy your mid-tier status. Think Ole Miss & Arky will be gunning for you next year? :lol:

237029[/snapback]

10+ wins is a lot better than "2nd place in the division"

237041[/snapback]

Not when the 10 win season STILL puts you in THIRD place in the west....translated mean....MIDDLE OF THE PACK....UAT should be used to that by now..

Guest Tigrinum Major

I have a dream. A dream that one day homers will realize that you can never convince another homer that he is wrong.

I have a dream. A dream that one day people will rise up from smack talk of defensive coordinators and talk about one thing, results on the football field.

I have a dream. A dream of little Auburn boys and little Auburn girls making fun of little Alabama boy and Alabama girls for many years to come.

I have a dream.

237028[/snapback]

237029[/snapback]

10+ wins is a lot better than "2nd place in the division"

237041[/snapback]

Not when the 10 win season STILL puts you in THIRD place in the west....translated mean....MIDDLE OF THE PACK....UAT should be used to that by now..

237044[/snapback]

LOL chillax man

I'm not disputing the fact that we finished 3rd in the West. All I'm saying is that I would rather have 10 wins and a bowl trophy than a mythical (in my eyes) division title. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree?

I'm not disputing the fact that we finished 3rd in the West. All I'm saying is that I would rather have 10 wins and a bowl trophy than a mythical (in my eyes) division title. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree?

237047[/snapback]

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit the preceding statement as irrefutable evidence of the defendant's mental deficiency. He is clearly unable to grasp simple concepts and quite obviously incapable of assisting in his team's defense.

He would rather have ten wins and a bowl trophy while his team gets its butt handed to it by two division rivals and finishes nowhere near the SEC-W title? Is this truly the current state of Alabama football? If so, HAVE A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE, TIGER FANS! The war is over. Even the bammers have finally figured it out.

237032[/snapback]

Actually? No, it's not. Bama is Ole Miss minus about 15 years. In 15 years, you'll still be yammering about stuff that happened in the "good old days" like they are. And those "good old days" will be 15 more years removed.

My daughter gets her driver's license this year. 1992 means nothing to her. Before her time. For the whole of her life, Alabama has been Ole Miss. A pest that occasionally has a good season. She is a bigger AU fan than I am, she lives for it. But beating Alabama has no real resonance for her. Other than shutting up a few rednecks, it really has no more meaning to her than beating Ole Miss. For her, Georgia and LSU are the games she looks forward to from day one of the off season. Bama is just an annoyance at the end of the year.

If you poll most of the people 20 and under you'll find that Bama really doesn't mean much to them at all. No more than South Carolina, MSU, Ole Miss, etc.

237036[/snapback]

Wow...I guess your daughter doesnt think much of AU either. Since you guys havent accomplished any more than Bama in the same stretch since 92. I mean crap at least we have an NC to show for our SEC title. And then went out and won another in 99.

Your daughter is 16 years old. That means she's been alive to see O-N-E AU sec title. She's been alive to see T-W-O Bama SEC titles and a National Championship.

In her life she's seen:

Bama win more National Titles

Bama win more SEC Titles

Bama win more SEC West Titles

Bama go to more bowl games

Bama WIN more bowl games

Bama have more 10 win seasons

Bama have more top 10 finishes

AU have more losing seasons

AU win ONE more game than Bama

So please please explain to me how bama is some "has been" that "occasionally" comes up with a good season. Looking at the data id say one conference title in 17 years wouldnt do much for your argument.

You want to use the recent Bama history since the Dubose era to sum up ALL that is Alabama football. And that's AWFULLY convienent of you. Disregard 110 years of football and just worry about the few years that fit your anti bama agenda.

And you are also so arrogant to think that AU beating Alabama means that our seasons automatically dont mean anything. Yet in all your recent success against us, you only have one SEC title to show for it.

237047[/snapback]

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit the preceding statement as irrefutable evidence of the defendant's mental deficiency. He is clearly unable to grasp simple concepts and quite obviously incapable of assisting in his team's defense.

He would rather have ten wins and a bowl trophy while his team gets its butt handed to it by two division rivals and finishes nowhere near the SEC-W title? Is this truly the current state of Alabama football? If so, HAVE A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE, TIGER FANS! The war is over. Even the bammers have finally figured it out.

237060[/snapback]

This has nothing to do w/ the Bama/Tigers rivalry. It could be North Dakota vs North Dakota State and I still feel the same way.

And no, I'm not satisfied with the past season in any way. So hold off on that glass of champagne. Better yet, don't even pop the cork.

They sure did beat their chests over it. In fact, they produced a video on their 2003 year. Funny, they claim the SEC West Co-title just like you guys do. Freaking hilarious. So does  :au::om: ? But then again, they did win their bowl game that year so I guess that kinda blows that argument...

237041[/snapback]

wincrimson ... you do understand that if Ole Miss tied for the SEC West Division and was awarded a trophy by the SEC, then it's a fact and no longer should be called a "claim," right? It's a pretty simple concept. Separate yourself from "claiming" all your Mythical titles. Ole Miss has won some actual hardware in this century so by that standard, they cannot be compared to uat -- uat has some major catching up to do. uat is equal to Miss St in that neither team has any hardware to display for football in this current century. :D

Yeah...pretty funny. Bama would have to go 8 more years without a conference title to equal the drought AU had until 04.

Your daughter is 16 years old.

WRONG

UAT records

2005 10 2

2004 6 6

2003 4 9 Losing Season

2002 10 3

2001 7 5

2000 3 8 Losing Season

1999 10 3

1998 7 5

1997 4 7 Losing Season

1996 10 3

1995 8 3

1994 12 1

1993 1 12 Losing Season

1992 13 0

1991 11 1

1990 7 5

Totals 123 73

Auburn Records

2005 9 3

2004 13 0

2003 8 5

2002 9 4

2001 7 5

2000 9 4

1999 5 6 Losing Season

1998 3 8 Losing Season

1997 10 3

1996 8 4

1995 8 4

1994 9 1 1

1993 11 0

1992 5 5 1

1991 5 6 Losing Season

1990 8 3 1

Totals 127 61 3

So, UAT has 4 LOSING SEASONS in this stretch, Auburn 3...each has one .500 season.

Auburn has FOUR more wins...and 12 FEWER LOSSES...

Nice try though....

What's it gonna take to get you two crazy kids into a new thread?

237069[/snapback]

$$$, duh! :lol:

LOL @ 1993 season

Figures...

237032[/snapback]

237036[/snapback]

Wow...I guess your daughter doesnt think much of AU either. Since you guys havent accomplished any more than Bama in the same stretch since 92. I mean crap at least we have an NC to show for our SEC title. And then went out and won another in 99.

Your daughter is 16 years old. That means she's been alive to see O-N-E AU sec title. She's been alive to see T-W-O Bama SEC titles and a National Championship.

In her life she's seen:

Bama win more National Titles

Bama win more SEC Titles

Bama win more SEC West Titles

Bama go to more bowl games

Bama WIN more bowl games

Bama have more 10 win seasons

Bama have more top 10 finishes

So please please explain to me how bama is some "has been" that "occasionally" comes up with a good season. Looking at the data id say one conference title in 17 years wouldnt do much for your argument.

You want to use the recent Bama history since the Dubose era to sum up ALL that is Alabama football. And that's AWFULLY convienent of you. Disregard 110 years of football and just worry about the few years that fit your anti bama agenda.

And you are also so arrogant to think that AU beating Alabama means that our seasons automatically dont mean anything. Yet in all your recent success against us, you only have one SEC title to show for it.

237061[/snapback]

BG, BG, BG.

She was two when Bama and Barker were fluking it up. Do you remember what happened when you were two? That means nothing to her. She has no memory of it whatsoever.

She was nine when Bama last won the SEC. That sort of registers with her, but ina a long ago, far away fuzzy type of recollection. That has about as much significance to her as 1979.

She has no memory whatsoever of the "great" Alabama teams that are your point of reference. To her, they are just as distant as the Crusades, Queen Isabella or Pocahontas. Bear Bryant has just as much resonance with her as James Madison. Some dusty old guy in a book who might have done something once upon a time.

All those things you listed only count if you take into consideration things that happened when she was in diapers. I'm talking cognizance here. Plus the fact that most of your list is (like the Bama MYTHical national titles) at best stretching the truth and at worst a fabrication.

I'm sorry Bama is insignificant to her. That offends you, I know. But that is the future. Every passing year will see UA grow less and less relevant. It's been happening for years but your head is so buried in the crimson sand you can't see it. And that is perfectly okay with me. I enjoy it.

WRONG

UAT records

2005 10 2

2004 6 6

2003 4 9 Losing Season

2002 10 3

2001 7 5

2000 3 8 Losing Season

1999 10 3

1998 7 5

1997 4 7 Losing Season

1996 10 3

1995 8 3

1994 12 1

1993 1 12 Losing Season

1992 13 0

1991 11 1

1990 7 5

Totals 123 73

Auburn Records

2005 9 3

2004 13 0

2003 8 5

2002 9 4

2001 7 5

2000 9 4

1999 5 6 Losing Season

1998 3 8 Losing Season

1997 10 3

1996 8 4

1995 8 4

1994 9 1 1

1993 11 0

1992 5 5 1

1991 5 6 Losing Season

1990 8 3 1

Totals 127 61 3

So, UAT has 4 LOSING SEASONS in this stretch, Auburn 3...each has one .500 season.

Nice try though....

237068[/snapback]

You're gonna count the 93 season? What a joke. We won those games on the field. Just because Langham signed a napkin means nothing. That wasnt a losing season in the mold of "bama was a crappy team" losing season. That was a retro active take the wins off the books type losing season.

And I made the mistake of counting your 5-5-1 season as a losing one.

Either way...i HIGHLY doubt your argument changes things at all. Ill even give you the WEAK 93 season argument. 4 more wins over a 16 year span given all the other stuff i put up there...puts AU in some kind of glorified pedestal while we are the next ole miss?

You guys REFUSE to dehomerize yourselves...its kind of sad really.

we are the next ole miss?

237072[/snapback]

Yes, yes you are. Please come back in 15 years and thank me for telling you in advance what your future holds. Maybe it won't sting as much.

BG, BG, BG.

She was two when Bama and Barker were fluking it up. Do you remember what happened when you were two? That means nothing to her. She has no memory of it whatsoever.

She was nine when Bama last won the SEC. That sort of registers with her, but ina a long ago, far away fuzzy type of recollection. That has about as much significance to her as 1979.

She has no memory whatsoever of the "great" Alabama teams that are your point of reference. To her, they are just as distant as the Crusades, Queen Isabella or Pocahontas. Bear Bryant has just as much resonance with her as James Madison. Some dusty old guy in a book who might have done something once upon a time.

All those things you listed only count if you take into consideration things that happened when she was in diapers. I'm talking cognizance here. Plus the fact that most of your list is (like the Bama MYTHical national titles) at best stretching the truth and at worst a fabrication.

I'm sorry Bama is insignificant to her. That offends you, I know. But that is the future. Every passing year will see UA grow less and less relevant. It's been happening for years but your head is so buried in the crimson sand you can't see it. And that is perfectly okay with me. I enjoy it.

We are only growing "less and less relevant" Because YOU say so. Not because everybody who ISNT an AU fan recognizes that we were the 8th best team last year. Less and Less relevant isnt winning the cotton bowl or winning 10 games in the SEC. Its winning 2 or 3 games a year like Miss St is doing.

Again...how convienent that you get to pick and choose the years you want for your argument. You can eliminate 110 years of tradition and history (including recent history) just to fit your bias. But again I ask...what is it so special that AU has accomplished in the last 16 years that puts you so far ahead of the pack?

Is it bowl wins? cant be

SEC Titles? Nope

National Titles? Nope (it aint mythical when you beat the pee water out of the #1 team in the nation...and are a UNANIMOUS selection)

Top 10 finishes? Nope

But here again it is impossible to argue with you because your world of what matters in college football is what GALEN thinks that matters. And thats whatever makes AU look best.

I cant use unanimous NC selections, bowl wins, bowl appearances, top 10 finishes, 10 win seasons, or SEC titles for my arguments...because your opinion apparently means more than all of that. (kind of arrogant no?)

You have one SEC title since the 80s. O-N-E.

And Im not saying AU isnt relevant or a big deal in college football right now. Im just saying that your stance that alabama means nothing to college football shows just how overtly biased you are and how much in denial you are.

BG, BG, BG.

We are only growing "less and less relevant" Because YOU say so. Not because everybody who ISNT an AU fan recognizes that we were the 8th best team last year. Less and Less relevant isnt winning the cotton bowl or winning 10 games in the SEC. Its winning 2 or 3 games a year like Miss St is doing.

Again...how convienent that you get to pick and choose the years you want for your argument. You can eliminate 110 years of tradition and history (including recent history) just to fit your bias. But again I ask...what is it so special that AU has accomplished in the last 16 years that puts you so far ahead of the pack?

Is it bowl wins? cant be

SEC Titles? Nope

National Titles? Nope (it aint mythical when you beat the pee water out of the #1 team in the nation...and are a UNANIMOUS selection)

Top 10 finishes? Nope

But here again it is impossible to argue with you because your world of what matters in college football is what GALEN thinks that matters. And thats whatever makes AU look best.

I cant use unanimous NC selections, bowl wins, bowl appearances, top 10 finishes, 10 win seasons, or SEC titles for my arguments...because your opinion apparently means more than all of that. (kind of arrogant no?)

You have one SEC title since the 80s. O-N-E.

And Im not saying AU isnt relevant or a big deal in college football right now. Im just saying that your stance that alabama means nothing to college football shows just how overtly biased you are and how much in denial you are.

237076[/snapback]

BG, you should know better than to use facts... shame on you!!

Not because everybody who ISNT an AU fan recognizes that we were the 8th best team last year. Less and Less relevant isnt winning the cotton bowl or winning 10 games in the SEC. Its winning 2 or 3 games a year like Miss St is doing.

237076[/snapback]

BAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA.....

I know thousands of Ole Miss fans who made this EXACT same argument two years ago.

"A ten win season isn't irrelevant. Winning the Cotton Bowl isn't irrelevant. Mississippi State, now THAT'S irrelevant"

BAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

By your own admission, by your very words you are Ole Miss. Amazing.

WRONG

UAT records

2005 10 2

2004 6 6

2003 4 9 Losing Season

2002 10 3

2001 7 5

2000 3 8 Losing Season

1999 10 3

1998 7 5

1997 4 7 Losing Season

1996 10 3

1995 8 3

1994 12 1

1993 1 12 Losing Season

1992 13 0

1991 11 1

1990 7 5

Totals 123 73

Auburn Records

2005 9 3

2004 13 0

2003 8 5

2002 9 4

2001 7 5

2000 9 4

1999 5 6 Losing Season

1998 3 8 Losing Season

1997 10 3

1996 8 4

1995 8 4

1994 9 1 1

1993 11 0

1992 5 5 1

1991 5 6 Losing Season

1990 8 3 1

Totals 127 61 3

Nice try though....

237068[/snapback]

You're gonna count the 93 season? What a joke. We won those games on the field. Just because Langham signed a napkin means nothing. That wasnt a losing season in the mold of "bama was a crappy team" losing season. That was a retro active take the wins off the books type losing season.

Either way...i HIGHLY doubt your argument changes things at all. Ill even give you the WEAK 93 season argument. 4 more wins over a 16 year span given all the other stuff i put up there...puts AU in some kind of glorified pedestal while we are the next ole miss?

237072[/snapback]

Counting 1993 is no weaker than some of the MNCs that bammers crow so loudly about. You have no room to talk about :homer: s

WRONG

UAT records

2005 10 2

2004 6 6

2003 4 9 Losing Season

2002 10 3

2001 7 5

2000 3 8 Losing Season

1999 10 3

1998 7 5

1997 4 7 Losing Season

1996 10 3

1995 8 3

1994 12 1

1993 1 12 Losing Season

1992 13 0

1991 11 1

1990 7 5

Totals 123 73

Auburn Records

2005 9 3

2004 13 0

2003 8 5

2002 9 4

2001 7 5

2000 9 4

1999 5 6 Losing Season

1998 3 8 Losing Season

1997 10 3

1996 8 4

1995 8 4

1994 9 1 1

1993 11 0

1992 5 5 1

1991 5 6 Losing Season

1990 8 3 1

Totals 127 61 3

Nice try though....

237068[/snapback]

You're gonna count the 93 season? What a joke. We won those games on the field. Just because Langham signed a napkin means nothing.

237100[/snapback]

Hmmmmm....Seems that "it" meant "something" to the NCAA. I know you uaters care nothing for playing by the RULES, but, Thankfully the NCAA sees it a bit differently. ;):lol::lol::lol:

WRONG

UAT records

2005 10 2

2004 6 6

2003 4 9 Losing Season

2002 10 3

2001 7 5

2000 3 8 Losing Season

1999 10 3

1998 7 5

1997 4 7 Losing Season

1996 10 3

1995 8 3

1994 12 1

1993 1 12 Losing Season

1992 13 0

1991 11 1

1990 7 5

Totals 123 73

Auburn Records

2005 9 3

2004 13 0

2003 8 5

2002 9 4

2001 7 5

2000 9 4

1999 5 6 Losing Season

1998 3 8 Losing Season

1997 10 3

1996 8 4

1995 8 4

1994 9 1 1

1993 11 0

1992 5 5 1

1991 5 6 Losing Season

1990 8 3 1

Totals 127 61 3

Nice try though....

237068[/snapback]

237072[/snapback]

BG, YES, 1993 counts..Sorry to disappoint you but it counts. If its that important to you, I can provide about 4 links to prove it counts. I know how you run from facts that take the myth that is UAT football away. Now if you really want the proof, check no further than the athletic website of your little west side university. Even your own athletic dept. recognizes 1993 for what it was....1-12... Those games are LOSSES, no matter where you look....

Actually yes, and Thanks, glad you noticed. We are on the pedestal, and UAT is underneath looking up at the dominate programs in the SEC West, wondering what its like to be there. Now, they know even winning 10 games isn't good enough to get on that pedestal. UAT is forever looking UP to the top, and just when they think they've gained ground, the two programs above them take more steps and further the gap. Even overrated Croyle said (i'm paraphrasing here): "when you get dominated like we did, it shows how far behind that program we are". We are easy to find, go to the SEC standings and look UP....don't strain your neck though...

Archived