BG's man love of Joe Kines

BamaGrad03

So you're going to use ESPN -- the biggest bunch of "in the moment" jumpers in the world, the unmitigated kings of overblown hyperbole -- as the "proof" of your contention that Skeletor is a great defensive coach? I laugh in your general direction.

According to ESPN football didn't exist until Pete Carroll invented it. Reggie Bush is better than Bo, Herschel and Barry combined. They waste hours on Barry Bonds. Their "analysis" is shoddy at best. The only thing ESPN is good for is giving scores.

Well, it looks as my rambling for the last two days has more credibility than it did before. I mean...sure...their story on how good our defense is doesnt carry as much weight as YOU saying its no good. But its better than nothing.

Its not like they saw my posts over here and through some Bama conspiracy decided to help me out and write a story on it.

ESPN doing a story on our defense surely doesnt weaken my position.

Where's all the other stories about how the media is overhyping how good our defense was the last two years? Ill take ESPN in my corner over nothing.

Dont you find it odd, Galen, that EVERY SINGLE TIME i have actual backing by either the AP poll, the coaches poll, an ESPN analyst or someone else saying (or voting) something in Bama's favor...you always come back with the obligatory

"You REALLY gonna trust those over the hill coaches?"

"You REALLY gonna listen to what a bunch of desk jokies say?"

Well, Galen...i find it awfully convienent that im not allowed to reference RECOGNIZED polls or media figures for my arguments...but you never give me someone credible enough to satisfy your tastes...that is except for your obviously unbiased opinion.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you're going to use ESPN -- the biggest bunch of "in the moment" jumpers in the world, the unmitigated kings of overblown hyperbole -- as the "proof" of your contention that Skeletor is a great defensive coach? I laugh in your general direction.

According to ESPN football didn't exist until Pete Carroll invented it. Reggie Bush is better than Bo, Herschel and Barry combined. They waste hours on Barry Bonds. Their "analysis" is shoddy at best. The only thing ESPN is good for is giving scores.

Well, it looks as my rambling for the last two days has more credibility than it did before. I mean...sure...their story on how good our defense is doesnt carry as much weight as YOU saying its no good. But its better than nothing.

Its not like they saw my posts over here and through some Bama conspiracy decided to help me out and write a story on it.

Where's all the other stories about how the media is overhyping how good our defense was the last two years? Ill take ESPN in my corner over nothing.

Dont you find it odd, Galen, that EVERY SINGLE TIME i have actual backing by either the AP poll, the coaches poll, an ESPN analyst or someone else saying (or voting) something in Bama's favor...you always come back with the obligatory

Well, Galen...i find it awfully convienent that im not allowed to reference RECOGNIZED polls or media figures for my arguments...but you never give me someone credible enough to satisfy your tastes...that is except for your obviously unbiased opinion.

236765[/snapback]

UAT had an average defense the past two years. IMO

As the Behr said, "Defense wins Championships".....How many Championships have they won in the past two, three, four years? If they really had of had that Nationaly ranked top 5 Defensive team, they would have won the big games.

Thats all I have to say about that.

http://www.broylesaward.com/html/finalists.html

Forgot all about this one. Joe Kines was a FINALIST for the Broyles award. Six candidates for the top assitant coach in all of college football. Only 3 defensive Cordinators.

Wow...thats very....average of him.

Guess they dont know what they are talking about either huh Galen?

236765[/snapback]

ESPN doing a story on Bama's defense doesn't strengthen your position, either.

Kines is a mediocre coach, but he's the best you've got. I'm glad you guys have him. I don't want a coach with his philosophy on the sidelines of a team I support. He's been around a long time. That's really all he has going for him. He's been fired from more places than Larry Brown's ever coached.

His reputation nationally is a bend-but-don't-break coach. That is the hallmark of his defensive scheme. Give up yards but don't give up the "big play". Good offense (as is proven over his entire career) torch his jurassic defensive schemes.

Just because the guy coached Fred Flintstone in the Bedrock Bowl doesn't make him a genius. It just makes him old.

Interesting since there was a 7 page article about how groundbreaking Texas Tech's #1 ranked pass offense was leading into the cotton bowl. And we abused them.

Would you consider Tech's offense 'good'? Or is Auburn the only one allowed in that category?

Why dont you read what Spurrier had to say about our defense after they got abused by us this year? He's a pretty good offensive mind isnt he?

http://www.broylesaward.com/html/finalists.html

Forgot all about this one. Joe Kines was a FINALIST for the Broyles award. Six candidates for the top assitant coach in all of college football. Only 3 defensive Cordinators.

Wow...thats very....average of him.

Guess they dont know what they are talking about either huh Galen?

236768[/snapback]

One season doesn't make a career, BG. What part of "benefitted from a senior-laden class" do you fail to understand? He had a good season last year. Nobody's denying that in the least.

But if you have a career .200 hitter who has one season where he hits .335 and is up for MVP, do you redefine his entire career and declare him a superstar? Or do you judge him by his entire career? Kines is a knockaround DC. Been a lot of places, done an average job in all of them. If it helps you sleep to take his best season and bestow the crown of genius on him, then go right ahead. I'll save this for when you want him fired in a year or two.

Interesting since there was a 7 page article about how groundbreaking Texas Tech's #1 ranked pass offense was leading into the cotton bowl. And we abused them.

Would you consider Tech's offense 'good'? Or is Auburn the only one allowed in that category?

Why dont you read what Spurrier had to say about our defense after they got abused by us this year? He's a pretty good offensive mind isnt he?

236770[/snapback]

LISTEN, please. Or at least read.

Kines had ONE good year. Nobody is saying Bama didn't have a good defensive year last year. But nobody is rushing out to crown Skeletor as some defensive visionary. He had a lot of decent, experienced players. They made him, he didn't make them.

One season doesn't turn pumpkin into a coach. It's still a pumpkin.

Guys why are we constantly beating this dead elephant?? I mean, we are never going to convince BG he's wrong, and he's never going to convince us we are wrong. Its a difference of opinion that will live on forever...

Time to move on to more constructive things...

Guys why are we constantly beating this dead elephant??  I mean, we are never going to convince BG he's wrong, and he's never going to convince us we are wrong.  Its a difference of opinion that will live on forever...

236774[/snapback]

You're right. Dave Rader sucks, too.

Guys why are we constantly beating this dead elephant??  I mean, we are never going to convince BG he's wrong, and he's never going to convince us we are wrong.  Its a difference of opinion that will live on forever...

236774[/snapback]

You're right. Dave Rader sucks, too.

236775[/snapback]

Who??

If you were stranded on an island and hadnt had anything to eat for lets say 10 days. On the tenth day a goose flies over and craps at your feet, how good would that goose crap look. Probally look like steak if you ask me.

If you dont have much to choose from even a nice warm pile of goose crap can satisfy your taste as steak. Joe kines just happens to be surrounded by starving people and he is the nice warm pile of goose crap.

So the consensus here from the AU crowd is that Joe Kines is not a good D coordinator? I just want to make sure I'm hearing that correctly...

So the consensus here from the AU crowd is that Joe Kines is not a good D coordinator? I just want to make sure I'm hearing that correctly...

236805[/snapback]

He's an average DC. He fits perfectly where he is. I hope he stays there for many, many years -- assuming he has many years left in him.

236805[/snapback]

He's an average DC. He fits perfectly where he is. I hope he stays there for many, many years -- assuming he has many years left in him.

236813[/snapback]

It's not his fault that we have no offense. Look at where we've ranked in total defense under him-- not average by any stretch.

236805[/snapback]

236813[/snapback]

It's not his fault that we have no offense. Look at where we've ranked in total defense under him-- not average by any stretch.

236821[/snapback]

Well if he's as good as you bammies think, then it will be only a matter of time before some bigger school makes an offer for him to be their defensive coordinator -- you know, stepping stones and stuff ( :lol: ). Or, maybe ... {guffaw} ... a head coaching offer is being prepared right now.

In contrast, AU's coordinators may be gone after next season. I'm willing to bet money Borges' next season at AU will be his last before he's offered a head coaching job somewhere. If Muschamp does as well as expected he could be in the same boat.

236805[/snapback]

236813[/snapback]

236821[/snapback]

Well if he's as good as you bammies think, then it will be only a matter of time before some bigger school makes an offer for him to be their defensive coordinator -- you know, stepping stones and stuff ( :lol: ). Or, maybe ... {guffaw} ... a head coaching offer is being prepared right now.

In contrast, AU's coordinators may be gone after next season. I'm willing to bet money Borges' next season at AU will be his last before he's offered a head coaching job somewhere. If Muschamp does as well as expected he could be in the same boat.

236825[/snapback]

Oh man, I hope they don't leave. I hate to see your school officials go chasing after them in a plane the year after they leave.

... Oh man, I hope they don't leave. 

236826[/snapback]

Bearing false witness. Unbecoming of you bammie fans. :no:

236829[/snapback]

Nah, for real. I was just thinking with gas prices and all these days... it would really be a financial strain to fly all the way to Louisville.

236826[/snapback]

236829[/snapback]

Nah, for real. I was just thinking with gas prices and all these days... it would really be a financial strain to fly all the way to Louisville.

236830[/snapback]

When in doubt, drag up the past. Isn't that the first line of your fight song now?

236826[/snapback]

236829[/snapback]

236830[/snapback]

When in doubt, drag up the past. Isn't that the first line of your fight song now?

236881[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: The FIRST "line", the last, and EVERY "line" in between. :lol::roflol::roflol:

236805[/snapback]

I sincerley hope that uat keeps this defensive genius. Didn't his "great" defense get DOMINATED in the first quarter of the IB to the extent that the game was OVER after the first 11 minutes?

:lol::lol::lol::poke:

236805[/snapback]

I sincerley hope that uat keeps this defensive genius. Didn't his "great" defense get DOMINATED in the first quarter of the IB to the extent that the game was OVER after the first 11 minutes?

:lol::lol::lol::poke:

236886[/snapback]

Tim,

Hasn't the Auburn alumni association started a campaign to keep the current UAT coaching staff there indefinently??? :lol:

NOBODY wants UAT to lose any of the coaches they have now....

Archived