BG's man love of Joe Kines

BamaGrad03

Whoa, did I stumble into the wrong conversation, Flame on!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again stop me if I am wrong but over at Jordan Hare West didn't you boys get the ball inside the 20 a couple of times? How many points came out of that? That's what I thought. Okay now start the dribble about precious Brodie being out, RB's having cracked ribs, the eclipse of the moon two weeks earlier, psychic friends network being shut down, or whatever else you can come up with.

You arent even talking about the same game. 2004 vs 2005 season

I never said anything about our offense being great

I never said anything about your defense being poor

I have said that you CANT keep throwing the iron bowl in my face as the sole barometer of our defensive, or team success. its a completely disjointed argument. otherwise i could look at the Ga Tech game and surmise that Brandon Cox is the worst QB in AU history.

236527[/snapback]

Your rationale for being down so badly in I.B. 2005 is that your offense turned the ball over inside the 50 so much. I thought a fair comparison was the 2004 I.B. when we turned the ball over numerous times inside the 20. I personally did not throw the I.B. in your face but you used it as an excuse for why UAT was down so badly and thus lost the game so I used the closest example I could come up with which was the previous year.

I guess one response to that could be that our QB in the 2004 Iron Bowl is playing baseball this year. Our tight end who dropped that pass in the end zone is playing right tackle now. :)

Guest Tigrinum Major
Yeah...you guys are right. Alabama could go 12-1 win the SEC...and beat everyoone by 40 pts...but if they lost to AU then they suck.

Whatever. I said #1 offense and it was #4...big deal. #1 pass offense works just as well.

I presented plenty of information to show that Alabama has had one of the top 3 defenses in the nation the last two years...and ya'll respond with "28-18".

I respond to pcola's top 40 comment and you turn it on me like im the one whos pulling stuff out of my butt.

My only intent was to show that Kines is a good d cord...your counter was that we played no good offenses. my counter was that you didnt either. So if our defense and coordinator sucks then everyone's does.

We had one bad game...but it really wasnt that bad. AU scored early because our offense kept going 3 and out and giving you guys the ball at midfield.

Again, how in the world do you say that the #2 total defense 2 years in a row is a bad one? You can even argue that we didnt play many good offenses, but that doesnt make us a BAD defense.

We played the #4 offense in the nation and absolutely embarassed them. But i guess that means we suck.

236523[/snapback]

I never said your defense sucked.

I never said Kines sucked.

I said you were pulling OUR stats out to boost your own argument when no one here ever said anything about how good or bad our defense was.

And aupcolatiger gets a pass, he's one of us. You aren't, no matter how many posts you have on here or how long you have been here. Embrace it.

I am not going back to see who exactly said you had a BAD defense, but the statistical rankings can be a bit deceptive. There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics. I think you had a fine defense. Can I think of a couple more that I would have ranked above yours, strictly based on my opinion? Yes. Does that make me right? Nope. Does that mean you will ever convince me I am wrong? Nope.

The quicker you stop dealing in absolutes and always having to be right, the quicker you'll find happiness on internet message boards.

I prefer just being a smartass these days. And yes, I am a pawn of Tommy Tuberville, but the duties are largely ceremonial.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I guess one response to that could be that our QB in the 2004 Iron Bowl is playing baseball this year. Our tight end who dropped that pass in the end zone is playing right tackle now. :)

236534[/snapback]

You seem to have the excuse market cornered.

Yeah...you guys are right. Alabama could go 12-1 win the SEC...and beat everyoone by 40 pts...but if they lost to AU then they suck.

Whatever. I said #1 offense and it was #4...big deal. #1 pass offense works just as well.

I presented plenty of information to show that Alabama has had one of the top 3 defenses in the nation the last two years...and ya'll respond with "28-18".

I respond to pcola's top 40 comment and you turn it on me like im the one whos pulling stuff out of my butt.

My only intent was to show that Kines is a good d cord...your counter was that we played no good offenses. my counter was that you didnt either. So if our defense and coordinator sucks then everyone's does.

We had one bad game...but it really wasnt that bad. AU scored early because our offense kept going 3 and out and giving you guys the ball at midfield.

Again, how in the world do you say that the #2 total defense 2 years in a row is a bad one? You can even argue that we didnt play many good offenses, but that doesnt make us a BAD defense.

We played the #4 offense in the nation and absolutely embarassed them. But i guess that means we suck.

236523[/snapback]

And yes, I am a pawn of Tommy Tuberville, but the duties are largely ceremonial.

236539[/snapback]

Dang....Thought there was gonna be a goat killing!

236534[/snapback]

236541[/snapback]

Typical WEN response.

You're right...Spencer Pennington is just as good...if not better than Brandon Cox. Thanks for clearing that up.

236534[/snapback]

236541[/snapback]

Typical WEN response.

You're right...Spencer Pennington is just as good...if not better than Brandon Cox. Thanks for clearing that up.

236544[/snapback]

at soccer....

236534[/snapback]

236541[/snapback]

Typical WEN response.

236544[/snapback]

:lol::lol: Thanks BG, I need a good laugh today... :lol::lol:

Bama people were ready to run Kines out of town two years ago.

He's a mediocre coordinator. That's all he is. He was lucky enough to have a defense that started seven or eight sophomores and sucked, then they got a little better as juniors and a little better as seniors.

Show me a defensive coordinator with seven starters who have played in the same basic scheme for three full seasons and I will show you a "genius".

I've never seen anything out of Kines other than the base bend-for-god's-sake-don't-break defense. His first season, his defense got bent. A lot. A number of teams broke it off right in his defense. Last season, due to a wealth of experienced players, it broke less than normal. Genius or player experience? Kines certainly didn't get any smarter over the last three years. At his near-mummified age, he's losing brain cells faster than Paris Hilton drops phone numbers.

He doesn't have inventive game plans. He could never have pulled off what lowly Gibbs did last season in the Iron Bowl because he doesn't have that kind of mind. He does one thing and one thing only. Works great when the players have been doing it for a long time. Doesn't work so well when new faces are in new places. Resume bending (and breaking) now.

He's a mediocre coordinator. That's all he is.  He was lucky enough to have a defense that started seven or eight sophomores and sucked, then they got a little better as juniors and a little better as seniors.

Show me a defensive coordinator with seven starters who have played in the same basic scheme for three full seasons and I will show you a "genius". 

I've never seen anything out of Kines other than the base bend-for-god's-sake-don't-break defense. His first season, his defense got bent. A lot. A number of teams broke it off right in his defense. Last season, due to a wealth of experienced players, it broke less than normal.  Genius or player experience? Kines certainly didn't get any smarter over the last three years. At his near-mummified age, he's losing brain cells faster than Paris Hilton drops phone numbers.

He doesn't have inventive game plans. He could never have pulled off what lowly Gibbs did last season in the Iron Bowl because he doesn't have that kind of mind. He does one thing and one thing only. Works great when the players have been doing it for a long time. Doesn't work so well when new faces are in new places. Resume bending (and breaking) now.

236565[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

He's a mediocre coordinator. That's all he is.  He was lucky enough to have a defense that started seven or eight sophomores and sucked, then they got a little better as juniors and a little better as seniors.

I've never seen anything out of Kines other than the base bend-for-god's-sake-don't-break defense. His first season, his defense got bent. A lot. A number of teams broke it off right in his defense. Last season, due to a wealth of experienced players, it broke less than normal.  Genius or player experience? Kines certainly didn't get any smarter over the last three years. At his near-mummified age, he's losing brain cells faster than Paris Hilton drops phone numbers.

236565[/snapback]

Wow...groundbreaking stuff. You're telling me defenses produce better results when they are filled with Juniors and Seniors and not freshmen and sophomores?

Man...you got me. Ohh ohh...you know what...I'll bet I produce more at my job than I did when I first got out of school.

For the record...#2 total defense 2 years in a row means theres only one team in the nation that has done less 'bending' than Bama. The #1 scoring defense means we broke less than ANYONE.

Another good pointer for how much our defense 'bends'? How about 05 season Bama was #1 in the SEC for fewest 1st downs allowed (20 fewer than any other team). #2 in 04.

So tell me...if we dont give up points...and we dont give up yards...how is it that you come to the conclusion that Kines isnt good at his job? Is it because he's old? Or maybe because he coaches for bama? Because afterall, anyone whos ever coached or played for bama is no good right?

I know I know...ill do your response for you Galen: "whatever...his defense gave up 28 points against Auburn this year"

236565[/snapback]

Wow...groundbreaking stuff. You're telling me defenses produce better results when they are filled with Juniors and Seniors and not freshmen and sophomores?

Man...you got me. Ohh ohh...you know what...I'll bet I produce more at my job than I did when I first got out of school.

For the record...#2 total defense 2 years in a row means theres only one team in the nation that has done less 'bending' than Bama. The #1 scoring defense means we broke less than ANYONE.

Another good pointer for how much our defense 'bends'? How about 05 season Bama was #1 in the SEC for fewest 1st downs allowed (20 fewer than any other team). #2 in 04.

So tell me...if we dont give up points...and we dont give up yards...how is it that you come to the conclusion that Kines isnt good at his job? Is it because he's old? Or maybe because he coaches for bama? Because afterall, anyone whos ever coached or played for bama is no good right?

I know I know...ill do your response for you Galen: "whatever...his defense gave up 28 points against Auburn this year"

236570[/snapback]

The point flew right over your head didn't it?

Two years ago when you guys were ready to fire Shula if he didnt' fire Kines, he was just as smart as he is now. It's not like he's in his "first year on the job". The guy coached Christopher Columbus in sailing before getting a job in football. Bama wasn't his first rodeo.

He's a genius because he has senior players. He'll be an idiot again soon enough.

What did I say about your defense in '05? It was better because it had players who had started for three years finishing out the string. It bent like Lindsey Lohan's knees two years ago. It broke like a New Orleans levee two years ago. For his entire career, Kines has been known as a bend-but-don't-break guy. So he has eight (was it eight?) seniors on a defense who have played together for three (in some cases four) straight years and a wussified schedule and that one season qualifies him for coaching greatness? One year redefines his legacy? No. I don't think so. I'm sorry, but Skeletor is an average DC. An old, average DC. You guys love him today. You'll hate him again before long.

I'm glad you love your coaching staff. Fact is, however, that if Skeletor was coaching at Tennessee, you'd be ripping him apart on the very same grounds we are. He's just not that good. I don't want coaching for a team I support. I don't want Shula either. And it has nothing to do with where they're coaching now.

BTW? Auburn could have scored 50 this year. But Tub isn't like that.

236565[/snapback]

236570[/snapback]

Alabama’s 2005 schedule ranks

Scoring:

99. Middle Tenn. State 19.1

41. Southern Miss 29.6

75. South Carolina 23.7

65. Arkansas 25.7

49. Florida 28.6

116. Mississippi 13.5

102. Tennessee 18.6

100. Utah State 18.9

114. Miss State 13.9

43. LSU 29.5

30. Auburn 32.2

Average ranking of Alabama’s opponents:

Total yards:

101. Middle Tenn. State 308.8

77. Southern Miss 349.4

103. South Carolina 307.5

63. Arkansas 360.6

59. Florida 366.7

110. Mississippi 281.7

87. Tennessee 326.3

95. Utah State 317.0

112. Miss State 276.2

61. LSU 366.6

28. Auburn 425.6

236565[/snapback]

236570[/snapback]

Alabama’s 2005 schedule ranks

Scoring:

99. Middle Tenn. State 19.1

41. Southern Miss 29.6

75. South Carolina 23.7

65. Arkansas 25.7

49. Florida 28.6

116. Mississippi 13.5

102. Tennessee 18.6

100. Utah State 18.9

114. Miss State 13.9

43. LSU 29.5

30. Auburn 32.2

Total yards:

101. Middle Tenn. State 308.8

77. Southern Miss 349.4

103. South Carolina 307.5

63. Arkansas 360.6

59. Florida 366.7

110. Mississippi 281.7

87. Tennessee 326.3

95. Utah State 317.0

112. Miss State 276.2

61. LSU 366.6

28. Auburn 425.6

236572[/snapback]

Damn, there are those pesky little facts again...Shame on you for point out what everybody already knows... :lol::lol:

Ironic isnt it that he left out the FACTS involved with the team we played in our bowl game. Since they rank 4th in the freaking nation in scoring offense.

Hell you take out AU and LSU and bama was undefeated last year. What a stupid post.

Hey Erik...why dont you 1, include bama's bowl game stats...and 2, do a run down of AU's opponents (dont forget to leave out the D1-aa school)

Ironic isnt it that he left out the FACTS involved with the team we played in our bowl game.

236589[/snapback]

Why doesn't bama follow your lead when they recognize championships?

Auburns avg (with bowl game) vs scoring offense - 76

Auburns avg (with bowl game) vs total offense - 82

Bama's adjusted for bowl game vs scoring offense- 69

Bama's adjusted for bowl game vs total offense - 75

Nice stats though...seriously

Interestingly enough...if you leave in your bowl game (by far best offensive team you faced all year) and leave out ours (same) we STILL played a tougher schedule of offenses....man how did you guys lose a game last year?

Guess you already knew those facts too huh pcola? pesky pesky

Ironic isnt it that he left out the FACTS involved with the team we played in our bowl game.

236589[/snapback]

236590[/snapback]

They did start counting the bowl game when EVERYBODY else in the country including AP voters started considering them as a real game instead of a reward. Thats also when they stopped letting everyone down to the waterboy play in the bowl games.

236589[/snapback]

236590[/snapback]

They did start counting the bowl game when EVERYBODY else in the country including AP voters started considering them as a real game instead of a reward. Thats also when they stopped letting everyone down to the waterboy play in the bowl games.

236592[/snapback]

Im guessing in '61 and '73 the waterboy was still playing in the bowl games huh? Nice try...

By the way... since when did the AP poll matter to bama? About 6 of the MNCs y'all claim are from other sources that aren't even heard of... even a source that was created by.... yes... a geologist.

Im guessing in '61 and '73 the waterboy was still playing in the bowl games huh? Nice try...

That would be correct

Even still...you convienently remove our bowl game stats this year and our numbers are still better than AUs

And vatz...are you really trying to get into a bama nc argument in this thread?

That would be correct

Even still...you convienently remove our bowl game stats this year and our numbers are still better than AUs

And vatz...are you really trying to get into a bama nc argument in this thread?

236594[/snapback]

Not really, you just seem pretty uptight about claiming "real" stats so I thought I'd give you a little feedback about bama and "real" stats.

Auburns avg (with bowl game) vs scoring offense - 76

Auburns avg (with bowl game) vs total offense - 82

Bama's adjusted for bowl game vs scoring offense- 69

Bama's adjusted for bowl game vs total offense - 75

Nice stats though...seriously

Interestingly enough...if you leave in your bowl game (by far best offensive team you faced all year) and leave out ours (same) we STILL played a tougher schedule of offenses...

Guess you already knew those facts too huh pcola? pesky pesky

236591[/snapback]

Only because you had Auburn on the schedule, and unlike UAT, Auburn HAD an offense... UAT was just...well.....offensive....

Archived