BG's man love of Joe Kines

BamaGrad03

We are on the pedestal, and UAT is underneath looking up at the dominate programs in the SEC West, wondering what its like to be there.  Now, they know even winning 10 games isn't good enough to get on that pedestal.  UAT is forever looking UP to the top, and just when they think they've gained ground, the two programs above them take more steps and further the gap.    Even overrated Croyle said (i'm paraphrasing here):  "when you get dominated like we did, it shows how far behind that program we are".    We are easy to find, go to the SEC standings and look UP....don't strain your neck though...

237094[/snapback]

Jerry.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's it gonna take to get you two crazy kids into a new thread?

237069[/snapback]

$$$, duh! :lol:

LOL @ 1993 season

Figures...

237070[/snapback]

Me too! Those forfeits are pretty funny.

1-12 way to go Antonio

I looked.  Bear did know how to work the system. Setting your schedule so you have a one game advantage over everyone is pretty weak also.

237027[/snapback]

I've seen other AU fans use this argument before. This is bogus. Coach Bryant didn't do anything that other schools couldn't have done also.

I looked.  Bear did know how to work the system. Setting your schedule so you have a one game advantage over everyone is pretty weak also.

237027[/snapback]

I've seen other AU fans use this argument before. This is bogus. Coach Bryant didn't do anything that other schools couldn't have done also.

237151[/snapback]

On this one you may be right. What seperates men is those that will do the RIGHT thing when they can easily do the WRONG thing.

Gotcha'!

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

We are on the pedestal, and UAT is underneath looking up at the dominate programs in the SEC West, wondering what its like to be there.  Now, they know even winning 10 games isn't good enough to get on that pedestal.  UAT is forever looking UP to the top, and just when they think they've gained ground, the two programs above them take more steps and further the gap.    Even overrated Croyle said (i'm paraphrasing here):  "when you get dominated like we did, it shows how far behind that program we are".    We are easy to find, go to the SEC standings and look UP....don't strain your neck though...

237094[/snapback]

Jerry.gif

237129[/snapback]

I would laugh at Brodie too, Sacked 11 times......but really, Your only come back to the words that came out of brodie's mouth is a really large emoticon......touche.

So....what are you guys talking about?

Did I miss anything while I was away? :big:

237152[/snapback]

Nope...not a thing. Same old, same old.

On this one you may be right. What seperates men is those that will do the RIGHT thing when they can easily do the WRONG thing.

Gotcha'!

Nope, you didn't get me. Coach Bryant didn't do the wrong thing. It was not against the rules in any shape, form or fashion. EVERYONE could have scheduled a extra SEC game in place of one of the OOC games. There was no breaking or even bending of the rules. IMO, anyone that didn't take this opportunity just wasn't acting very smart. Besides, Alabama still had to WIN more SEC games than the rest of the conference, hence not really that much of an advantage.

Gotcha'!

Nope, you didn't get me. Coach Bryant didn't do the wrong thing. It was not against the rules in any shape, form or fashion. EVERYONE could have scheduled a extra SEC game in place of one of the OOC games. There was no breaking or even bending of the rules. IMO, anyone that didn't take this opportunity just wasn't acting very smart. Besides, Alabama still had to WIN more SEC games than the rest of the conference, hence not really that much of an advantage.

237170[/snapback]

How so? Say we have team A having a 5-2 conference record and team B having a 5-2 conference record. Team A schedules an OOC game while team B schedules Vanderbilt. Now we have team A still having a 5-2 conference record while team B has a 6-2 record. Is that not an advantage?

UHmmm let's just put this to what it REALLY boils down to.Bama is loosing it's competitive edge against AUBURN...your not as good against AUBURN as you once were and it doesn't look as though it's going to end anytime soon.Bama fans are probably peed...I could not FATHOM loosing to Bama four years straight it's been a LLLLooonngg time since that's happen..I couldn't imagine NEVER knowing a win in my OWN home stadium.Hey you got to do what you got to do guys...hide your frustration in your stats,bring up the long time past,hold your signs up that say Auburn only has one SEC championship since the split.Whatever.....when it comes to the rubber meeting the road,the meat and potatoes....in this present ERA the HERE and NOW.......we...are....better...than...you. :big: OH and Joe Kines is great keep up the good work. :roflol:

How so? Say we have team A having a 5-2 conference record and team B having a 5-2 conference record. Team A schedules an OOC game while team B schedules Vanderbilt. Now we have team A still having a 5-2 conference record while team B has a 6-2 record. Is that not an advantage?

Easy,

you schedule Vanderbilt, or MSU, OM, or UK, anyone else in the SEC that you're not already playing instead of an OOC game. Then you will be playing the same number of SEC games as Alabama was, therefore having the same opportunity to have as many or more SEC wins as Alabama does. It's not like the SEC office was only letting Alabama do this. Anyone in the conference could do it.

Easy,

you schedule Vanderbilt, or MSU, OM, or UK, anyone else in the SEC that you're not already playing instead of an OOC game. Then you will be playing the same number of SEC games as Alabama was, therefore having the same opportunity to have as many or more SEC wins as Alabama does. It's not like the SEC office was only letting Alabama do this. Anyone in the conference could do it.

237211[/snapback]

Again people like Bama Bo ingore the post right above his and start with the but.but.but.....

Hate to break it to you Auburn guys, but everybody in the conference is losing any edge they might have had over everybody else. I don't believe any one team will ever dominate the conference like Bama did in the 70s, Auburn in the 80s, and Florida in the 90s. There will be teams like Vandy and Kentucky who have good teams on occasion, but the top echelon will be occupied by teams like UGA, UT, Auburn, Florida, and, yes, Alabama.

Losing

Loosing

Looosing

Loooosing

Looooosing

Loooooosing

Looooooosing

Loooooooosing

Looooooooosing

Loooooooooosing

QUICK!!!

Which word from above list properly describes getting beat in a game? :big:

Does the fact that I already know the answer make me a looooooooooooooooser?

Gotcha'!

237170[/snapback]

Actually, no they didn't. They ony had to win the same number.

Hate to break it to you Auburn guys, but everybody in the conference is losing any edge they might have had over everybody else. I don't believe any one team will ever dominate the conference like Bama did in the 70s, Auburn in the 80s, and Florida in the 90s. There will be teams like Vandy and Kentucky who have good teams on occasion, but the top echelon will be occupied by teams like UGA, UT, Auburn, Florida, and, yes, Alabama.

237215[/snapback]

So from 2000 untill now you don't think Auburn and even Tenn have dominated Bama?

237215[/snapback]

So from 2000 untill now you don't think Auburn and even Tenn have dominated Bama?

237228[/snapback]

Go ahead and throw LSU in that mix. That's not what he said though. He said he didn't believe any ONE TEAM will dominate the CONFERENCE...I don't have the stats handy and I don't care enough about this argument to look them up, but I'm 80% sure the only SEC champion this decade to win every game was the '04 Auburn Tigers.....and there isn't a team in the SEC that looks like they will win 5 or more SEC championships this decade. Between UGA, UF, LSU and AU any of those four teams could take it this year, but none of those teams are a lock. This is SEC football, any team that doesn't bring their A game every single saturday are capable of being beat.

237215[/snapback]

237228[/snapback]

Go ahead and throw LSU in that mix. That's not what he said though. He said he didn't believe any ONE TEAM will dominate the CONFERENCE...I don't have the stats handy and I don't care enough about this argument to look them up, but I'm 80% sure the only SEC champion this decade to win every game was the '04 Auburn Tigers.....and there isn't a team in the SEC that looks like they will win 5 or more SEC championships this decade. Between UGA, UF, LSU and AU any of those four teams could take it this year, but none of those teams are a lock. This is SEC football, any team that doesn't bring their A game every single saturday are capable of being beat.

237266[/snapback]

And I think we can all agree on that simple fact. Scholarship limits have made everyone competitive. The big difference now comes down to coaching. Even the best coaches in todays CFB landscape will not be able to pull off 5-10 years of dominance in any conference any more.

Archived