Is anyone excited about the new basketball arena?

tigerfan1234

One Arena  make an Olympic size swimming  pool for the national Champ Swimmers

then Freeze the Pool... Break Open Auburn Hockey.....Then put  the hard wood for B Ball.

Phillips Arena does it for the Thrashers and hawks why not add a pool for the swimmers too

all one complex and make  Beard Eves the new Langdon Hall for movies some concerts and such.

I think it can be Done :) ,,,, Plus I think Auburn Hockey would be cool

Thanks for Ur Time :)

As long as we are DREAMING :blink:   DREAM BIG and OUT SIDE THE BOX

237758[/snapback]

Yeah- there is a group of guys on campus that has tried to get a hockey club going, but is being unsuccessful for a couple reasons-

A - There is a group of guys that tried to get a club going, but as you can imagine, there is a severe lack of players (I think maybe two full lines, and a couple of goalies). That would be similar to a baseball team having say, 7 or 8 players for a game....

B - Just a minor thing, the closest ice rinks aren't exactly close. For example, the rink in Duluth,Ga (140 miles - 2+ hrs) was mentioned as a possible practice / game spot. That is the same place Uga(g)'s Ice Dawgs play their home games at...... Not exactly close to Auburn.....

Oh well- I'd want to play if we had a team (even though I've never played in my life)

237800[/snapback]

there's a rink in Atlanta thats only 100 miles away.... Doesn't birmingham have an ice rink as well?? What about Columbus? I think they have an ice rink too....and they are only about 30 minutes away....plenty of ice rinks around to play,practice until we could get our own.....

One Arena  make an Olympic size swimming  pool for the national Champ Swimmers

then Freeze the Pool... Break Open Auburn Hockey.....Then put  the hard wood for B Ball.

Phillips Arena does it for the Thrashers and hawks why not add a pool for the swimmers too

all one complex and make  Beard Eves the new Langdon Hall for movies some concerts and such.

I think it can be Done :) ,,,, Plus I think Auburn Hockey would be cool

Thanks for Ur Time :)

As long as we are DREAMING :blink:   DREAM BIG and OUT SIDE THE BOX

237758[/snapback]

Yeah- there is a group of guys on campus that has tried to get a hockey club going, but is being unsuccessful for a couple reasons-

A - There is a group of guys that tried to get a club going, but as you can imagine, there is a severe lack of players (I think maybe two full lines, and a couple of goalies). That would be similar to a baseball team having say, 7 or 8 players for a game....

B - Just a minor thing, the closest ice rinks aren't exactly close. For example, the rink in Duluth,Ga (140 miles - 2+ hrs) was mentioned as a possible practice / game spot. That is the same place Uga(g)'s Ice Dawgs play their home games at...... Not exactly close to Auburn.....

Oh well- I'd want to play if we had a team (even though I've never played in my life)

237800[/snapback]

there's a rink in Atlanta thats only 100 miles away.... Doesn't birmingham have an ice rink as well?? What about Columbus? I think they have an ice rink too....and they are only about 30 minutes away....plenty of ice rinks around to play,practice until we could get our own.....

238154[/snapback]

There used to be a rink in Homewood off Oxmore road, Montgomery Mall Used to have a Rink in the center of the mall. Stone Mountain has a Rink, Their is also one in Gwinnette county Ga. I Think as well. thats the only Ice Rinks that I know of :)

I disagree, because fans don't play the game. If the mentality of the players on the court are we don't have a full house then why win, well we are recruiting the wrong types of players.

With the exception of the occasional shot clock problem its not like the goals are crooked and rims bent, or the floor full of dead spots and torn up. They aren't using uniforms left over from the 90's, they don't travel to games in a 1980 minivan. They have above average weight and athletic training facilities and medical staffing.

I played a year of college athletics, we won.  We didn't have 10,000 people in the seats, we didn't have fancy seating for the fans or a super jumbotron with cool animations or laser light shows.  We did have a quality coach that brought in quality players and trained these players well and our focus stayed on the field and away from its surroundings, and we wanted to win. We definitly didn't blame a poor showing on anything but ourselves.

237509[/snapback]

And at what university have you seen 10,000 people watching a soccer game at a stadium with a jumbotron?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

The AD should build new stands for the soccer field also, so more folks can come out and see the soccer team.

Too far away but Huntsville probably has the best Ice facilities in the south

Huntsville Ice Plex

It is 65,000 square feet in size, with two full size sheets of ice

Plus the Von Braun Center where UAH plays as well as the Huntsville Havoc

http://www.uah.edu/Athletics/hockey/index.shtml

http://www.huntsvillehavoc.com/

Hockey is big in Huntsville

oh yeah , I would love to see a new arena, it has to happen some day.

If Tennesse and Florida can be succesfull in BBall so can Auburn.

I disagree, because fans don't play the game. If the mentality of the players on the court are we don't have a full house then why win, well we are recruiting the wrong types of players.

With the exception of the occasional shot clock problem its not like the goals are crooked and rims bent, or the floor full of dead spots and torn up. They aren't using uniforms left over from the 90's, they don't travel to games in a 1980 minivan. They have above average weight and athletic training facilities and medical staffing.

I played a year of college athletics, we won.  We didn't have 10,000 people in the seats, we didn't have fancy seating for the fans or a super jumbotron with cool animations or laser light shows.  We did have a quality coach that brought in quality players and trained these players well and our focus stayed on the field and away from its surroundings, and we wanted to win. We definitly didn't blame a poor showing on anything but ourselves.

237509[/snapback]

And at what university have you seen 10,000 people watching a soccer game at a stadium with a jumbotron?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

The AD should build new stands for the soccer field also, so more folks can come out and see the soccer team.

238210[/snapback]

Never seen it at a university and you probably never will.......... and we still won. That was my point, we didn't need all that crap nor did the university to build a winning program. It came down to the coach selling his abilities and the players getting it done.

Fans aren't gonna win games, luxury seating is not going to win games, jumbotrons and light shows are not going to win games. What wins games is a coach brining in players that are sold on his system, that can coach and develop these players for his system, and those players execute it.

The stands here are adequete for the crowds the girls team draws and they have a exceptional playing field that is well maintained.

I honestly don't see the point. I've been to BEMC, and while it isn't a palace, it is decent.

A new, smaller arena isn't going to bring y'all out of the cellar IMO. But hang on to Lebo, I think he's a solid coach...

Archived