caleb king...

AUHansel

Caleb is the #4 overall player according to rivals.com. Apparently Auburn and UGA are the top two for him. I hope we can get him. I'm sure Brad Lester being here could have some pull.

Heres the rivals.com article

Link

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been hearing a lot of stuf about him for quite a while. Hopefully he'll sign with us, and we will continue to 1,2 punch we're used to at running back....

:au:

I feel pretty good that he will be wearing red and black

240236[/snapback]

Did I miss something? When did Under Armour decide to change our colour schemes to Red/Black?

Did I miss something? When did Under Armour decide to change our colour schemes to Red/Black?

240286[/snapback]

You didn't and they didn't :D

If we don't get CK then I hope UGA does...Either we get him and turn him into a Top 5 pick or UGA gets him and wastes his talent...It would be scary to see him go somewhere where the coach would know how to use him that isn't Auburn...

:cheer::au::cheer:

Caleb came to AU last weekend to the camp. My brother worked the camp and said that this guy is unreal. He is the total package, speed, power, hands, blocking, attitude, the whole deal. He is VERY high on AU and has been for a long time. Brad Lester is one of his best friends. AU and UGA are still leading for him, but he seems really impressed with the way AU uses their backs. The fact that Eddie Gran has coached so many big time NFL backs doesn't hurt either.

Word is he already has a locker picked out next to Brad. Let's hope it comes through.

I didn't see the link until I had posted about the camp.

I have seen the Rivals video on this kid...he looks like an INCREDIBLE back...

It looks like he has great balance and also can kick it into another gear when he gets into the open field. He will get some PT as a true freshman...a la the Cadillac...

Either we get him and turn him into a Top 5 pick or UGA gets him and wastes his talent...

If by waste you mean excel it while winning SEC Titles then yes, I am sure UGA will do that.

"Some interesting tidbits about running backs who were recruited and/or coached by Richt and Tuberville:

Richt has had only 1 running back make the All-SEC team: Musa Smith (recruited by Jim Donnan). Tuberville has had 4 since he's been at Auburn (Kenny Irons, Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, Rudi Johnson).

In Richt's 12 years of being an offensive coordinator or head coach, Warrick Dunn and Musa Smith are the only 2 running backs to ever run for more than 1000 yards in his offense.

Richt has recruited only 1 running back at Georgia who's been drafted: Verron Haynes, 5th round, 2002.

Tuberville has coached or recruited 4 running backs that have been drafted in the 1st round in the last 8 years:

Ronnie Brown 2005

Carnell Williams 2005

Deuce McAllister 2001

John Avery 1998

In 12 years, Richt's offense has produced only 1 running back that has been drafted higher than the 3rd round -- 9 years ago (Warrick Dunn, 1997).

If Kenny Irons is drafted in the first round in 2007, that will be 5 first-rounders in 9 years. That's an average of 1 first round running back every 1.8 years.

Only 10 schools have had more than 5 running backs drafted in the first round in their entire history.

With 5 first round running backs, Tuberville would have more than schools such as:

Florida State 4

Texas 4

Alabama 3

Tennessee 2

(Interesting note: Mississippi has had only 2 running backs ever drafted in the 1st round: both were recruited by Tuberville)"

Thats what I ment by wasted....Winning championships does not mean tapping potential

"Some interesting tidbits about running backs who were recruited and/or coached by Richt and Tuberville:

Richt has had only 1 running back make the All-SEC team: Musa Smith (recruited by Jim Donnan). Tuberville has had 4 since he's been at Auburn (Kenny Irons, Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, Rudi Johnson).

In Richt's 12 years of being an offensive coordinator or head coach, Warrick Dunn and Musa Smith are the only 2 running backs to ever run for more than 1000 yards in his offense.

Richt has recruited only 1 running back at Georgia who's been drafted: Verron Haynes, 5th round, 2002.

Tuberville has coached or recruited 4 running backs that have been drafted in the 1st round in the last 8 years:

Ronnie Brown 2005

Carnell Williams 2005

Deuce McAllister 2001

John Avery 1998

In 12 years, Richt's offense has produced only 1 running back that has been drafted higher than the 3rd round -- 9 years ago (Warrick Dunn, 1997).

If Kenny Irons is drafted in the first round in 2007, that will be 5 first-rounders in 9 years. That's an average of 1 first round running back every 1.8 years.

Only 10 schools have had more than 5 running backs drafted in the first round in their entire history.

With 5 first round running backs, Tuberville would have more than schools such as:

Florida State 4

Texas 4

Alabama 3

Tennessee 2

(Interesting note: Mississippi has had only 2 running backs ever drafted in the 1st round: both were recruited by Tuberville)"

Thats what I ment by wasted....Winning championships does not mean tapping potential

240627[/snapback]

WOW!

And with all the different OC's you have to point it at CTT or has Coach Gran been with him that long?

Ronnie Brown 2005

Carnell Williams 2005

Deuce McAllister 2001

John Avery 1998

Florida State 4

Texas 4

Alabama 3

Tennessee 2

240627[/snapback]

Damn.

Go to Auburn then :lol:

Not with Richt there.

240604[/snapback]

Championships speak for themselves :cheer:

240606[/snapback]

That LOSING streak to Auburn "speaks for itself" too! :lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Reguardless of where he signs, I think he is potentially a GREAT one and I wish him well. :au:

• 4 weeks later...

Any new news on King?

Today's AJC says he will take two of his official visits to Southern Cal and ND. He hasn't decided on his other three yet.

Archived