Simpson not to be tried.

DKW 86

Permit to carry, yes, you are required by law to have a permit if you are going to have a hand gun on your person or in your vehicle. But, since when did you have to register a hand gun in Alabama? I'm not saying you don't, but I've never heard of Alabama having a registration law.

242674[/snapback]

You are still totally missing what I am saying. By law, do you have to register a handgun in the state? No. Is it the smart thing to do? Yes. Do you have to have a permit to carry one in your car? You sure the heck do. Most responsible, that own hand guns are going to register them and have a permit if necessary. All my handguns are registered, because it is the smart thing to do for many reasons, but most of all it covers my a--. But again, to have one while arrested for possession of drugs is a serious problem and you have to wonder about his reason for carrying it. I notice how you keep dodging that issue.

242688[/snapback]

I haven't dodged anything.

Having the drugs in the car was wrong. Period. The courts have adressed that. He has been a good kid, with an outstanding record of comunity service. So they are giving him a break.

The gun is a totaly seperate issue. Should you register it? probably. If for no other reason than to be easier to track it down if it is stolen. If the gun was checked by the Northport police as stated, I have no problem with him having it. He should have gotten a permit for it, but I've always thought it was legal to transport a unloaded gun in a vehicle. I could be wrong on this, and I have no idea if this gun Simpson had was loaded or not. Personaly, I think everyone (non-criminal record) should own a gun. Maybe not carry it around with them everywhere, but everyone (non-criminal record) should own one.

242693[/snapback]

Just checked with a friend, Circuit Judge, who told me I am correct. You must have a permit to carry a handgun in this State. ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must ask the question that has not been asked thus far. Kinda' the 800lb. gorilla

in the room. WHAT was he doing with a GUN in the first place? :blink:

...come on bg...waiting...... ;)

242520[/snapback]

I knew a ton of people who owned a gun while in college...myself included. There's nothing wrong with it.

242545[/snapback]

You just don't get it do you? Technically, there is something wrong with it if you don't have it registered. Secondly, there is something really wrong with it if you are carrying it on you or in your car and you don't have a permit to do that. Lastly, there is even more something wrong with it if you have it while being arrested for possesion of illegal drugs. Drug + gun-permit= thuggery and not to mention possible intent.

You can't equal this with having the average joe having one to protect himself. The average joe is not riding around with drugs in his car at the same time. Yes, I know there are alot of people that have unregistered guns, but most keep them at home. Problem with that is that if you ever have to use it to defend yourself inside your house, you may be okay by law with the "defending" part, but you still could face some minor legal problems for not having the gun registered. But buddy, if you are going to be carrying that gun around or in your car, you are stupid if you don't have that gun registered and a permit to carry it. You will get in some serious doo for carrying a gun without a permit.

242658[/snapback]

My response was in regards to WarTim's suggestion that the biggest problem in all of this lies in the fact that he has a gun period...registered or unregistered.

I must ask the question that has not been asked thus far. Kinda' the 800lb. gorilla

in the room. WHAT was he doing with a GUN in the first place? :blink:

...come on bg...waiting...... ;)

242520[/snapback]

I knew a ton of people who owned a gun while in college...myself included. There's nothing wrong with it.

242545[/snapback]

You just don't get it do you? Technically, there is something wrong with it if you don't have it registered. Secondly, there is something really wrong with it if you are carrying it on you or in your car and you don't have a permit to do that. Lastly, there is even more something wrong with it if you have it while being arrested for possesion of illegal drugs. Drug + gun-permit= thuggery and not to mention possible intent.

You can't equal this with having the average joe having one to protect himself. The average joe is not riding around with drugs in his car at the same time. Yes, I know there are alot of people that have unregistered guns, but most keep them at home. Problem with that is that if you ever have to use it to defend yourself inside your house, you may be okay by law with the "defending" part, but you still could face some minor legal problems for not having the gun registered. But buddy, if you are going to be carrying that gun around or in your car, you are stupid if you don't have that gun registered and a permit to carry it. You will get in some serious doo for carrying a gun without a permit.

242658[/snapback]

My response was in regards to WarTim's suggestion that the biggest problem in all of this lies in the fact that he has a gun period...registered or unregistered.

242711[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: Only in west vance is a player carrying a STOLEN gun in his car along with his stash of pot NOT a problem. As I have stated before, any player on my team (which I do not have) that was found to be in possesion of a fire arm and pot, would be H-I-S-T-O-R-Y.

I now return you to your uat :homer: spin. ;)

Consistency isnt your forte huh?

You said any player with a handgun. And your whole 4 pages worth of posts have been a smear campaign JUST because he had a gun. That was the '800lb gorilla" you talked about. Posession, in your eyes, was bad enough. Whether it was illegal or not.

Nice uat attitude there bg. IF I were HC and a player was caught with a handgun, he is GONE....end of story. Nothing good will come from a 23 yr old student carrying a gun. (And I will lose sleep at night knowing that people like you own a gun.)

Oh. one more question...Did he have a permit to carry this STOLEN gun? 

Now you change your tune? Its not just a gun...but a stolen gun and pot? Make up your mind...dont carry on an argument for 3-4 pages...and when you get proven wrong...instead of owning up to it, you chicken out with some other argument.

And now that I read what you posted...i SERIOUSLY hope you were kidding about the "people like you" comment.

Just outta curiosity, what happened to the AU FB player that was shooting the gun up in the air outside a frat house a couple of years ago?

I'm asking because I don't remember, not trying to be smart.

Consistency isnt your forte huh?

You said any player with a handgun. And your whole 4 pages worth of posts have been a smear campaign JUST because he had a gun. That was the '800lb gorilla" you talked about. Posession, in your eyes, was bad enough. Whether it was illegal or not.

Nice uat attitude there bg. IF I were HC and a player was caught with a handgun, he is GONE....end of story. Nothing good will come from a 23 yr old student carrying a gun. (And I will lose sleep at night knowing that people like you own a gun.)

Oh. one more question...Did he have a permit to carry this STOLEN gun? 

Now you change your tune? Its not just a gun...but a stolen gun and pot? Make up your mind...dont carry on an argument for 3-4 pages...and when you get proven wrong...instead of owning up to it, you chicken out with some other argument.

And now that I read what you posted...i SERIOUSLY hope you were kidding about the "people like you" comment.

242799[/snapback]

Really pathetic there bg. YOU are the one running away from answering the question. I have been proven wrong about nothing.

THE questions still stand...

#1 WHY was he carrying a STOLEN gun? :blink: (Protection? From who?....(There are OTHER more likely reasons and YOU know it.) :D

#2 WHY was he pulled over in the first place? (Cops don't just pick out cars that they feel may contain pot & STOLEN guns. Unless you wish to take the conspiracy theory THAT far.) :rolleyes:

#3 Why did this paragon of virtue have illegal drugs in his car? (We know, we know. He was attempting to remove it far from a weaker member of his Sunday school class!)

Go ahead bg...spin that uat spin! ! :poke:

p.s. I think all of this is GREAT in that it keeps uat in the media spotlight and Mothers and Grandmothers all over the South can see what type "program" they have in west vance. I heard a bamaham radio talk show on Thursday donate over an hour to asking the SAME questions I have posed. They got LOTS of answers. None of which YOU would like. :lol::lol::lol:

Totally different argument. I have discussed ad nauseum my thoughts on all three of your points. The argument changed when you tried to suggest that no college kid should posses a gun. And then I called you out by quoting your OWN comments, and your tune changed.

Now IM pathetic?

Why did your tune change all of the sudden? Why do you refuse to say "maybe i was a little wrong in my original statement"? Are you that arrogant that you cant admit you went a little overboard?

Totally different argument. I have discussed ad nauseum my thoughts on all three of your points. The argument changed when you tried to suggest that no college kid should posses a gun. And then I called you out by quoting your OWN comments, and your tune changed.

Now IM pathetic?

Why did your tune change all of the sudden? Why do you refuse to say "maybe i was a little wrong in my original statement"? Are you that arrogant that you cant admit you went a little overboard?

242870[/snapback]

Wrong? About WHAT? I stand by each and every statement. And, yes, pathetic is very descriptive. :lol:

p.s. STILL waiting for those questions to be answered. (Duck-dodge-dip-dive-dodge) :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Just outta curiosity, what happened to the AU FB player that was shooting the gun up in the air outside a frat house a couple of years ago?

242801[/snapback]

I believe he left the team (some say he was told to leave). It was Deandre Green.

I am thrilled that BG and any other uat fan would defend a guy driving around with illegal dope and illegally having a gun in the car--stolen or not. Keep up that image. Promote that image.

There is something really wrong with Simpson's scene. Intent. Motive. Actions. Some in this thread get bogged down in side arguments, but the inescapable fact is that he did serious wrong. Nothing that can be said changes that fact.

"He's got a clean record." I'm sure that's probably true. But does a Mr. Clean Citizen All Amreican Ideal Boy suddenly just up and turn sinister? I think not.

The best news for the competitive programs in this state/conference is that he is being let off with a wrist slap (so far, admittedly) because of his status as a uat football player.

Auburn may have problems in the future. No one is exempt. But it is how institutions and staff respond that matters. Likewise the fans. Doing it the hard way pays off. A loss or temporary loss of one good player will pay handsome dividends with image, mommas, poppas, and recruiting, not to mention players' sense of pride and integrity.

The uat team supported Mike Price and in no way thought he should be dismissed. Why? To quote Taylor Britt, "We could have won 13 games this year with his system".

Alabama supported--adored, really--a brutal, profane alcoholic because he could produce MNC's. To his credit, Dr. Witt is doing some good stuff to change uat's image as a University. (His stated goal.)

So have at it, BG, Wincrimson and anyone else. In this case, I'm on your side. And that's the truth.

The uat team supported Mike Price and in no way thought he should be dismissed.  Why?  To quote Taylor Britt, "We could have won 13 games this year with his system". 

Alabama supported--adored, really--a brutal, profane alcoholic because he could produce MNC's.  To his credit, Dr. Witt is doing some good stuff to change uat's image as a University.  (His stated goal.)

242915[/snapback]

If my memory is correct, wouldn't that be the school that supported a football coach who admitted sleeping with his secretary after she filed a sexual harassment complaint, and only fired him after a 3-8 season and the NCAA breathing down their neck? Also the school who's winningest basketball coach hit his secretary after she went public about their affair?

..but maybe I'm thinking of another school. :rolleyes:

I am thrilled that BG and any other uat fan would defend a guy driving around with illegal dope and illegally having a gun in the car--stolen or not.  Keep up that image.  Promote that image.

There is something really wrong with Simpson's scene.  Intent.  Motive.  Actions.  Some in this thread get bogged down in side arguments, but the inescapable fact is that he did serious wrong.  Nothing that can be said changes that fact.

"He's got a clean record."  I'm sure that's probably true.  But does a Mr. Clean Citizen All Amreican Ideal Boy suddenly just up and turn sinister?  I think not.

The best news for the competitive programs in this state/conference is that he is being let off with a wrist slap (so far, admittedly) because of his status as a uat football player.

Auburn may have problems in the future.  No one is exempt.  But it is how institutions and staff respond that matters.  Likewise the fans.  Doing it the hard way pays off.  A loss or temporary loss of one good player will pay handsome dividends with image, mommas, poppas, and recruiting, not to mention players' sense of pride and integrity.

The uat team supported Mike Price and in no way thought he should be dismissed.  Why?  To quote Taylor Britt, "We could have won 13 games this year with his system". 

Alabama supported--adored, really--a brutal, profane alcoholic because he could produce MNC's.  To his credit, Dr. Witt is doing some good stuff to change uat's image as a University.  (His stated goal.)

So have at it, BG, Wincrimson and anyone else.  In this case, I'm on your side.  And that's the truth.

242915[/snapback]

VERY well said Toomer. But, alas, your sound logic will be lost on the uat "spinsters". :homer:

The TRUTH is hard to ignore, but, that does not remove their right to make the atempt. ;)

242801[/snapback]

Doing research, Baker and Houston were immediately suspended indefinitely by Bowden. Maybe Tater Tot was a little bit better than we remember.

242801[/snapback]

Doing research, Baker and Houston were immediately suspended indefinitely by Bowden. Maybe Tater Tot was a little bit better than we remember.

242935[/snapback]

Okay, vatz said it was Greene. You're Saying Baker and Houston. Which one of the three was it or have there been more than one of those type instances.

242801[/snapback]

242935[/snapback]

Well, maybe he was at least a bit better than flipper. That is like saying I had rather break one arm instead of both. ;)

Rowell Received multiple strikes. And he came in on shaky ground.

242105[/snapback]

Wrong on that one. He was the kid that got his freshman year yanked from him by the NCAA...completely not his fault. How could he be on "shaky ground" and not even be on the team?

Rowell did the crime and got the boot, simple as that. Simpson would've gotten the same boot under Tuberville. Difference is that Tuberville would've had the talent to replace him. B)

242141[/snapback]

Rowell got into some trouble in high school before he ever got to AU. Rowell also wasnt at a university for 4 years with a clean record and awarded MULTIPLE community service honors before he got into his trouble. Rowell was also allowed back on the team. Its a little different when you are a SENIOR with 4 years of good behavior. You cant boot him for a year and let him earn his way back.

But yeah, Rowell got to come back...and screwed up again.

But I guess we should expect Blackmon to be kicked off the team too right?

242210[/snapback]

Knowing coaches at OHS, I believe Rowell was a good kid in HS. Rowell screwed up got the boot, got a second chance, screwed up again, got permanently kicked off. Unlike Keys, doesn't even get to play his senior year of HS ball b/c of drug trouble. CMS, to his credit, gives him a chance, with understanding that if he screws up he is gone. Keys then proceeds to get in trouble and then the 3rd time is FINALLY dismissed from the team.

JS has been a community servant during his time in school. Something change? Why all of the sudden this? Where did he get the gun? Why had he not gotten a permit? It is easy and in Lee County only cost like $15. Good community servants don't drive around with dope and a gun. I find it amusing the defense attorney said ALREADY the gun charge would disappear. Interesting, reported it was stolen gun at first, now they are saying it wasn't a stolen gun. IF JS knew it was clean why didn't he get the permit? It could stand to reason that he knew it was hot and thus didn't get the permit, knowing the serial # would be checked??

Archived