Simpson not to be tried.

DKW 86

After dealing with roughly 10,304 cases like this in the last 4 years at UGA.....I think Shula is doing the right thing.

Suspension for that long isn't needed.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not familiar with the exact program that J. Simpson is under but it's probably very similar to the Pretrial Diversion Program we've had down here for a few years. These type programs are for folks with little or no previous record. What it does in our cases, is to make them pay some fines and costs and usually requires them to go through some drug or alcohol program, be tested, check in with a probation officer etc.

As long as they do exactly what is required for what usually amounts to a year, their record is wiped clean. The program puts the offender through some crap, makes the DA's office and state some money, keeps the jails from completely bogging down and gives the offender a chance for a clean start with no record.

All rivalry stuff aside, Simpson would have qualified hands down for that program regardless of his status as a stud LB at Bama. If he had no prior record and had been a decent citizen, it would be a no-brainer to put him in it. This looks like a different version of it. Now, the thing to understand it that it is still an admission of sorts and Coach Shula still has to handle this as if Simpson was in possession of marijuana.

All rivalry stuff aside, Simpson would have qualified hands down for that program regardless of his status as a stud LB at Bama.  If he had no prior record and had been a decent citizen, it would be a no-brainer to put him in it.  This looks like a different version of it.  Now, the thing to understand it that it is still an admission of sorts and Coach Shula still has to handle this as if Simpson was in possession of marijuana.

242061[/snapback]

Wait, you mean this is actually a legit law??? Mmmmmm......nah, I think I'll go with the "Bama's boosters got him out" bit. It goes perfect with my "Bear cheated" piece. :big:

I for one LOVE the tone of all this.

I hope he gets off scott-free (whatever that means) and that Shula doesn't suspend him for even one half of the ULM game.

I WANT the uat bunch to be morally and ethically and socially corrupt and to attract the guys who naturally go for that slant. I support the message that this is hopefully sending to the rest of the uat team.

I know it's been discussed on this forum, but Auburn had an almost identical case with a really good linebacker--forget the name--who got caught with MJ and a gun and he was OFF THE TEAM almost instantly.

I hope he gets off scott-free (whatever that means) and that Shula doesn't suspend him for even one half of the ULM game.

I WANT the uat bunch to be morally and ethically and socially corrupt and to attract the guys who naturally go for that slant.  I support the message that this is hopefully sending to the rest of the uat team.

I know it's been discussed on this forum, but Auburn had an almost identical case with a really good linebacker--forget the name--who got caught with MJ and a gun and he was OFF THE TEAM almost instantly.

242069[/snapback]

LeMarcus Rowell.

I WANT the uat bunch to be morally and ethically and socially corrupt and to attract the guys who naturally go for that slant.  I support the message that this is hopefully sending to the rest of the uat team.

242069[/snapback]

Come on, like the Bama boys have already noted, Shula has been pretty tight with the discipline this off-season. Let's see how this whole thing finally plays out before you label them corrupt. Dang, innocent until proven guilty, ya'll.

who cares, let's hope our guys keep their noses clean.

If Auburn pulls a GaTech or Wisconsin then we should kick some off our team

Rowell Received multiple strikes. And he came in on shaky ground.

242105[/snapback]

Wrong on that one. He was the kid that got his freshman year yanked from him by the NCAA...completely not his fault. How could he be on "shaky ground" and not even be on the team?

Rowell did the crime and got the boot, simple as that. Simpson would've gotten the same boot under Tuberville. Difference is that Tuberville would've had the talent to replace him. B)

242105[/snapback]

Wrong! You're thinking of Chris Keys :poke:

Anyone that is shocked by this...wel...you should be hit in the head with a brick.

This is simply more of the same from west vance. The good old boys are still callin' the shots. flipper is a puppet. Case closed.

242105[/snapback]

Bamagrad...

What "multiple strikes" are you talking about? What "shaky ground" are you talking about?

Who says it doesnt matter at all? If you read the article, it clearly stated that he hasnt been before a judge on those charges yet.

And AWK, I had plenty of friends in college who got busted for posession of marijuana that got community service or some other thing like Juwan did in this case.

242021[/snapback]

Alabama Law CLEARLY states that a defendents right to "drug court" is void when the chrges against that defendant include a firearm!!

Where is Legal Eagle when you need him??

242105[/snapback]

WRONG....Thanks for playing. Rowell was immediately dismissed from the team. A year later after proving he could stay out of trouble at Juco he recieved an opportunity to return to the team. He violated team rules and the JUNIORS AND SENIORS on the team stepped up after making the decision to have him removed from the team and asked the coaching staff to dismiss him permanately.

Who says it doesnt matter at all? If you read the article, it clearly stated that he hasnt been before a judge on those charges yet.

And AWK, I had plenty of friends in college who got busted for posession of marijuana that got community service or some other thing like Juwan did in this case.

242021[/snapback]

Alabama Law CLEARLY states that a defendents right to "drug court" is void when the chrges against that defendant include a firearm!!

Where is Legal Eagle when you need him??

242183[/snapback]

I guess this is where the Scott-Free stuff is coming from. JS is a good guy but he is DEFINITELY getting special treatment. The firearm charge prohibits just what happened from happening to regular folks. He CANT get Drug Court with a firearms charge, yet SOMEHOW HE MIRACULOUSLY DID JUST THAT. :blink:

No, no booster involvement here folks, no none at all.....

What happened to Rowell? No one knows or cares because he was booted 2-3 days after the arrest, before it even went to court. Remember, they had to get CTT awake after his neck surgery to make the call or it would have happened earlier. Thank God we have a coach and staff like we do now. When we had CTB down there, I was ashamed to pick up the paper.

I'm not familiar with the exact program that J. Simpson is under but it's probably very similar to the Pretrial Diversion Program we've had down here for a few years.  These type programs are for folks with little or no previous record.  What it does in our cases, is to make them pay some fines and costs and usually requires them to go through some drug or alcohol program, be tested, check in with a probation officer etc.

As long as they do exactly what is required for what usually amounts to a year, their record is wiped clean.  The program puts the offender through some crap, makes the DA's office and state some money, keeps the jails from completely bogging down and gives the offender a chance for a clean start with no record.

All rivalry stuff aside, Simpson would have qualified hands down for that program regardless of his status as a stud LB at Bama.  If he had no prior record and had been a decent citizen, it would be a no-brainer to put him in it.  This looks like a different version of it.  Now, the thing to understand it that it is still an admission of sorts and Coach Shula still has to handle this as if Simpson was in possession of marijuana.

242061[/snapback]

A cool head in the midst of all this anger. Unfortunately, for most of these guys, nothing short of stoning Juwan is enough.

I'm not familiar with the exact program that J. Simpson is under but it's probably very similar to the Pretrial Diversion Program we've had down here for a few years.  These type programs are for folks with little or no previous record.  What it does in our cases, is to make them pay some fines and costs and usually requires them to go through some drug or alcohol program, be tested, check in with a probation officer etc.

As long as they do exactly what is required for what usually amounts to a year, their record is wiped clean.  The program puts the offender through some crap, makes the DA's office and state some money, keeps the jails from completely bogging down and gives the offender a chance for a clean start with no record.

242061[/snapback]

A cool head in the midst of all this anger. Unfortunately, for most of these guys, nothing short of stoning Juwan is enough.

242206[/snapback]

Sounds like Juwan already took care of the stoning himself. Self-discipline, a way of life for Bama. :poke:

242105[/snapback]

Wrong on that one. He was the kid that got his freshman year yanked from him by the NCAA...completely not his fault. How could he be on "shaky ground" and not even be on the team?

Rowell did the crime and got the boot, simple as that. Simpson would've gotten the same boot under Tuberville. Difference is that Tuberville would've had the talent to replace him. B)

242141[/snapback]

Rowell got into some trouble in high school before he ever got to AU. Rowell also wasnt at a university for 4 years with a clean record and awarded MULTIPLE community service honors before he got into his trouble. Rowell was also allowed back on the team. Its a little different when you are a SENIOR with 4 years of good behavior. You cant boot him for a year and let him earn his way back.

But yeah, Rowell got to come back...and screwed up again.

But I guess we should expect Blackmon to be kicked off the team too right?

242105[/snapback]

242141[/snapback]

Rowell got into some trouble in high school before he ever got to AU. Rowell also wasnt at a university for 4 years with a clean record and awarded MULTIPLE community service honors before he got into his trouble. Rowell was also allowed back on the team. Its a little different when you are a SENIOR with 4 years of good behavior. You cant boot him for a year and let him earn his way back.

But yeah, Rowell got to come back...and screwed up again.

But I guess we should expect Blackmon to be kicked off the team too right?

242210[/snapback]

Typical uat "spin". Just a LITTLE bit of difference in a kid being caught drunk walking down the road and a kid caught DRIVING under the influence while carrying a STOLEN firearm and POT in the car.

Spin-Spin-Spin away. You can't deny the fact that there is simply ZERO discipline in west vance. I, for one, like it that way. :D:poke::lol::lol:

242061[/snapback]

242206[/snapback]

I agree!! Great post!! :thumbsup::clap:

242061[/snapback]

242206[/snapback]

Sounds like Juwan already took care of the stoning himself. Self-discipline, a way of life for Bama. :poke:

242209[/snapback]

Dang, wesfau . . . a little humor there . . . very little. <_<

Typical uat "spin". Just a LITTLE bit of difference in a kid being caught drunk walking down the road and a kid caught DRIVING under the influence while carrying a STOLEN firearm and POT in the car.

Spin-Spin-Spin away. You can't deny the fact that there is simply ZERO discipline in west vance. I, for one, like it that way. biggrin.gif poke1.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

He wasnt cited for driving under the influence.

He was pulled over for erratic driving though. I guess that is where he got the DUI stuff from. It wasnt DUI though. And he supposedly passed the drug tests.

I have a question: If you passed the drug tests, why go into Drug Court? Could the stuff have just been out of this system? http://www.passyourdrugtest.com/

Back to the weapons charge, how do you even get into Drug Court when the weapons charge should negate it already.

242061[/snapback]

242206[/snapback]

242209[/snapback]

Dang, wesfau . . . a little humor there . . . very little. <_<

242221[/snapback]

Hey, it gave me a chuckle. That's what is really important anyway.

He was pulled over for erratic driving though. I guess that is where he got the DUI stuff from. It wasnt DUI though. And he supposedly passed the drug tests.

I have a question: If you passed the drug tests, why go into Drug Court? Could the stuff have just been out of this system? http://www.passyourdrugtest.com/

Back to the weapons charge, how do you even get into Drug Court when the weapons charge should negate it already.

242225[/snapback]

EASY answer. He is a STARTING lb. If he were a third stringer, flipper would have dropped the hammer to prove just how TOUGH he is on "rule breakers".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Typical west vance. It has been that way for many years and so long as the GOOD OLD BOYS remain in CONTROL, it will not change. ;)

Archived