Tim Duckworth named to....

WarTiger

no offence to Duckworth but if McNeil couldn't win it. He can't

Even if McNeil was cheated out of it.

242044[/snapback]

Thats silly. What if the second best lineman in college football is 6-2 weighs 275 and gave up 5 sacks? Then Duckworth could win it. Just because McNeil was better does not mean anything. Comparing one year to another at any one position is apples to oranges. With that said, I totally agree, no way Duckworth wins :D

"Duck" is a good friend of mine - the first class I ever had at Auburn was "Fundamentals of Coaching Basketball" with my old high school basketball coach. In the fall of 2003, I sat next to Andrew Letts, Anthony Mix, and Tim Duckworth.

Duck's truly a great guy - he's incredibly personable, was an offensive lineman for Taylorsville (MS) in high school (same squad as Jason Campbell) and is a heck of an all-around athlete.

I really think he's the most underrated player on that Auburn ballclub.

Hopefully he can win it but I am like most I don't think he will. I lost the little if any faith I had in this award when a guy who didn't allow a sack in three season, can lose to a guy who can't even make it through one season without giving up one. Wish Duckworth the best but see little possibility.

Archived