LSU Gametime Set

bammanmr

Tigers Vs. Tigers Set for CBS Doubleheader 

AU All-SEC Tailback Kenny Irons  By: Staff Reports

Inside the Auburn Tigers

Date: Jun 23, 2006

Auburn, Ala.--A key showdown that could determine the champion in the Southeasteern Conference Western Division football race will kickoff at 2:30 p.m. CDT on Sept. 16th at Auburn's Jordan-Hare Stadium. 

Coach Tommy Tuberville’s Tigers will play LSU in a game that will be nationally televised by CBS. That meeting will be the first half of a doubleheader. Game two features an SEC East showdown with Florida playing at Tennessee with a 7 p.m. CDT kickoff.

Auburn’s season opener will also be televised nationally with ESPN2 carrying the contest vs. Washington State that will start at 6:45 p.m. CDT on Sept. 2nd. That will be the first ever football game matching the Tigers and Cougars of the Pac 10.

On Thursday, Sept. 28th Auburn will be televised on ESPN as the Tigers play at South Carolina. A time for that game has not been set.

Auburn, which was 9-3 overall last year, finished with a 7-1 league record. The only SEC loss was a 20-17 setback to LSU in an overtime game played in Baton Rouge.

Why can't we play them at night at our place?? :angry::angry:

Doesn't make any sense to me - AU/LSU is a much bigger game on a national scene than the other one.

The winner of AU/LSU has a great shot at going undefeated. The other winner doesn't.

Day or night it doesn't matter - I'm jusrt glad it's on TV! ;)

Yeah, I really doubt Auburn gets on the *new* JP much this year.

I see potential nominees @ Miss. State (has an Auburn/MSU game ever not been JP?), home vs Arky maybe.

@ Ole Miss will probably be the Franklin/Davie game on ESPN2 or something.

Yea, the game is bigger - which is why it is on CBS during the day. The day games I believe get bigger ratings, but I could be wrong

Yea, the game is bigger - which is why it is on CBS during the day. The day games I believe get bigger ratings, but I could be wrong

243011[/snapback]

I would have thought primetime, but maybe you're right.

I much prefer the night games for tailgating. Day games throw off the whole schedule for the day, and the day-games-formerly-known-as-JP really ruin it.

And what's with the top 2 threads being LSU related (this and X Carter)? Is someone now going to say there is a corndog infatuation here?

The T.V. schedule goes like this:

1) CBS has an exclusive contract with the SEC and that station gets first dibs. They always choose first and get the "best" SEC game of the week.

2) ESPN chooses second and get another great game, but not the one considered to be the best before the games are actually played.

3) JP SPORTS chooses last and gets mop-up duty.

I personally love ESPN primetime and always have. I miss the days of Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried. Why did the network break those two up? I also like the CBS crew alot, but I prefer night games. Why can't CBS show there games at night? Football was meant to be played at night under the lights. Remember friday night football in high school and how much fun it was. Day games just don't have the same excitement or allure.

I personally love ESPN primetime and always have.  I miss the days of Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried.  Why did the network break those two up? 

You need to listen to a Gottfried broadcast. I'm not sure what's happened to him, but he's very slow to talk - his broadcasting skills have really gone downhill over the last 3-5 years. Franklin wound up getting the best color guy that could be afforded in Davie. Gottfried is normally teamed up somewhere out west in the old Bill Curry games.

@LSU would be a nighter.. :no:

243047[/snapback]

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!

243064[/snapback]

Honk if you've beaten LSU at home in the 21st century.

What do you guys mean.. *NEW* Jp?

243103[/snapback]

JP was bought out/sold/transferred to someone else, so the name of the JP broadcasts has changed to something else other than Jefferson Pilot Sports.

Archived