Picture request

crashman009

If anyone has one or knows where one is at that would be greatly appreciated. preferably him running the ball. im trying to do one of those motivational posters and I need a pick of him.

thanks Stat!

244722[/snapback]

You're welcome. The one where he is the lead blocker for Bo is GREAT!

Do you or anyone else have a request for what it should say?

It now says Heart, People doubted his size but he proved them wrong with his heart and love for the game, and that got him to be a legend.

I know I could think of alot better one but does anyone have any suggestions?

That picture doesn't really bring out his lack of size either  <_<

244726[/snapback]

Try this one...

lioneljamessb843nm.jpg

The angle of the photograph makes him look like he's 3 foot tall.

That picture doesn't really bring out his lack of size either  <_<

244726[/snapback]

Try this one...

lioneljamessb843nm.jpg

The angle of the photograph makes him look like he's 3 foot tall.

244759[/snapback]

Lionel was my Physics Lab partner for a year. He is shorter than me, I am about 5'8" or 9" at best. I would guess that he is 5'7"? You cant really trust the stats on a football team.

He has a great sense of humor, very personable. I loved when he was back coaching on the Plains. Wish he was back on our staff now. Not that CTT doesnt have a great staff though. Lionel did all his work and was in class at least as much if not more than I was.

He is teaching Calculus in High school and is breaking back into coaching at the HS level.

Including his bowl game statistics, Lionel James rushed for 1,691 yards during his final two seasons, averaging 6.2 yards per carry. During his career, Lionel James averaged 99 yards rushing per game, when he carried the ball at least fourteen times. He had seven 100-yard games and nine runs of 30 yards or more. He played in thirty-six games, carrying the ball at least fourteen times on ten occasions. Lionel James averaged 6.2 yards per carry in those ten games of fourteen carries or more. He also finished number three in school history with a career average of 15.3 yards per punt return. Playing in the shadow of Bo Jackson, Lionel James never received the full recognition he earned on the field. Since 1983, Lionel James’ career numbers have been buried by other great Auburn running backs. In 1984, the San Diego Chargers drafted James in the fifth round. During his brief pro career, James accumulated 6,627 all-purpose yards including a NFL record of 2,535 yards during the 1985 season. Though his name doesn’t appear at the top of any Auburn records, no other Auburn running back ran with more heart and desire than Lionel James.

Including his bowl game statistics, Lionel James rushed for 1,691 yards during his final two seasons, averaging 6.2 yards per carry. During his career, Lionel James averaged 99 yards rushing per game, when he carried the ball at least fourteen times. He had seven 100-yard games and nine runs of 30 yards or more. He played in thirty-six games, carrying the ball at least fourteen times on ten occasions. Lionel James averaged 6.2 yards per carry in those ten games of fourteen carries or more. He also finished number three in school history with a career average of 15.3 yards per punt return. Playing in the shadow of Bo Jackson, Lionel James never received the full recognition he earned on the field. Since 1983, Lionel James’ career numbers have been buried by other great Auburn running backs. In 1984, the San Diego Chargers drafted James in the fifth round. During his brief pro career, James accumulated 6,627 all-purpose yards including a NFL record of 2,535 yards during the 1985 season. Though his name doesn’t appear at the top of any Auburn records, no other Auburn running back ran with more heart and desire than Lionel James.

244776[/snapback]

Stat, I had no idea that Lionel James had the single season record in the NFL, and usually I take your word for it. I couldn't imagine a stat like that, and me not know about it. When I looked it up, his name doesn't show as the record holder or even in the top 3. Can you tell me your source to your info?? Here's what I found...

Most Yards Gained, Season

2,105 Eric Dickerson, L.A. Rams, 1984

2,066 Jamal Lewis, Baltimore, 2003

2,053 Barry Sanders, Detroit, 1997

Wait, never mind....these are all purpose yards that you are talking about, not rushing yards....never mind....I'll be ok... :bricks::hail:

UPDATE: Found this below. It appears Lionel James record has been broken after 15 years....WOW...had no idea..

Most Yards Gained, Season

2,690 Derrick Mason, Tennessee, 2000

2,647 Michael Lewis, New Orleans, 2002

2,535 Lionel James, San Diego, 1985

Lionel owns the 3d longest TD run from scrimmage in Auburn history, 87 yards vs. UGA in 1982. I have a photo of that, but have never scanned it. He also ran 94 yards for a TD against So. Miss. in 1983. This would have been the longest TD run in AU history, but a needless clip erased it. The record stands with Ralph O'Gwynne at 92 yards. Brent Fullwood had an 88-yarder against MSU in 1986 for #2. Little Train also scored our only TD in the 13-7 win over Georgia in 1983 that sealed our first SEC championship in 26 years.

Archived