I think Bamer's QB is a concern

Bottomfeeder

You guys are pretty pathetic, You are to scared to let me post because you know that everything that I and all SEC fanbases say about yall are true(classless,tactless,TRASH). Try this, GROW UP!!!! The best part of college football is the rivalry and you guys are to childish or stupid to to fire back with anything more than "4 in a row" so you delete and edit my post like little 4th graders......Real mature!!!  You guys really are the BLEMISH of the SEC

245485[/snapback]

A wise man once said, "Learn to spell and use proper grammar before going onto your rival's board and calling the members stupid."

245521[/snapback]

MDM, please don't judge all Bama fans by some of the loud-mouthed few.

245561[/snapback]

No worries, my friend! You regulars are good people. A little misguided, but good people nonetheless. ;):poke:

245574[/snapback]

Thanks. I'm sure we're in your prayers nightly so that we may see the error of our ways. :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So...anyway.  Back to the topic at hand.  Bo, Grad or any other reasonable Bama folks out there, how did Wilson look in the spring?  And who is the most likely #2 guy?

Is Johns a fixture now at RB or any chance of him getting some time at QB?

245526[/snapback]

Wilson looked pretty good, sometimes I think an excellent reciever can make anyone look good. I think he will make more mistakes as far as throwing interceptions, because he's not afraid to throw it into traffic, but the times he has been in an actual game he has looked great. As far as a backup, We still have Guillion who I wouldn't call a solid backup. And then there's Jimmy Barnes :( . If JPW goes down then it could be a long year if he's our QB. My hopes are that Greg McElroy can learn the offense quickly. From tapes I have watched of him he seems like the real deal. As for Jimmy Johns I think it would be ridculous for him to go back to QB, ask anyone on defense, they absolutely hate tackling him. Then we have Alexander...and who knows on this guy. I imagine a guy @ 6'4 200lbs and runs a sub 4.5 would make a good WR. As most of the state of Alabama knows.

Guest Tigrinum Major

On a side note, I had heard that Barnes is already pretty much labeled a bust. Truth?

On a side note, I had heard that Barnes is already pretty much labeled a bust.  Truth?

245645[/snapback]

Well, so far, I don't think he's been the QB everybody expected when Bama signed him. There was another kid, Adam Thrash, that I've not heard anything about in quite a while. Any of you Bama guys know anything?

On a side note, I had heard that Barnes is already pretty much labeled a bust.  Truth?

245645[/snapback]

Well, so far, I don't think he's been the QB everybody expected when Bama signed him. There was another kid, Adam Thrash, that I've not heard anything about in quite a while. Any of you Bama guys know anything?

245651[/snapback]

Like I said in an earlier post, I've heard mixed reports on Barnes. One guy told me (and this guy has a good football mind and instincts) that Barnes has a very good pocket presence, he just needs to work on "feeling" the pressure more. He said Barnes has a good arm, good touch, and is very accurate. Also, he has to get used to taking snaps unde center. Barnes ran a shotgun offense his whole HS carrer, and it's taking him a while to get used to recieving the snap directly from the center and then backing into the pocket.

As for Thrash, he was a walk on that some thought deserved a scholly. That's all I know about him.

Sarah Jessica Parker will win , at least, three Hesman Trophies....Right? :lol:   :poke:

245208[/snapback]

LOL....Does that make Courtney Cox the better gal? :big:

245395[/snapback]

I have to admit, that was semi-clever.

Well played.

245496[/snapback]

I'm glad you liked it, it seemed kind of silly to me at the time considering auburn has both a Courtney, and a Dee Dee :rolleyes:

245645[/snapback]

Truth in my opinion. If you ever watch the kid play he just looks alkward, he has a 6'5 frame and although he does OK if he can sit in the pocket and pick you apart with the short passes, he can't throw the long ball and he's not the most mobile QB I've ever seen. My hopes are that he will improve over the summer.

I too like Blake Field over JJJSPW, mainly because of Coach Borges........I see Blake playing some again this year like against Buffalo and some of the other lesser teams like Alabama......Coach Borges will have a separate Gameplan for Field too, like he did with Brandon back in '04. War "BY GOD" Eagle

Archived