I think Bamer's QB is a concern

Bottomfeeder

You guys will be living on this streak for years to come and long after Tubby has jumped ship to the Big 12 or ACC as he is already looking to do.

245501[/snapback]

You're talking smack about a streak that ended 25 years ago and from which you are currently 7 coaches removed.

You're not very smart, are you?

245505[/snapback]

He's been held back the fewest times of anyone in his family.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol....

I can see it now. A crimson T-shirt that reads,

"Granddaddy says 'Nine is more than four"

245498[/snapback]

I'd buy one!!! :big:

But, I was alive to witness the nine in a row myself. ;)

Lol....

I can see it now. A crimson T-shirt that reads,

"Granddaddy says 'Nine is more than four"

245498[/snapback]

I'd buy one!!! :big:

But, I was alive to witness the nine in a row myself. ;)

245510[/snapback]

So was I, which is what makes this current streak so fun! :)

Not to mention, Bama hasn't strung together even 4 in a row since that Bahr left. Closest you came was one 3 game streak from 1990-1992.

Enjoy your streak guys because it will end eventually.

I think I'll go over to the basketball board now. We've got a current streak in that.

:big:

You guys are pretty pathetic, You are to scared to let me post because you know that everything that I and all SEC fanbases say about yall are true(classless,tactless,TRASH). Try this, GROW UP!!!! The best part of college football is the rivalry and you guys are to childish or stupid to to fire back with anything more than "4 in a row" so you delete and edit my post like little 4th graders......Real mature!!!  You guys really are the BLEMISH of the SEC

245485[/snapback]

Attention Mr. Real Mature,

This board is more open to non-Auburn fans than any other Auburn board, so take a chill-pill. In fact, a forum was created for those who elect to post "trash" talk, which appears to be more of your speed.

When you decided to utilize foul language in your post, it resulted in your post being edited. If you decide you want to remain on the football board, I suggest you remember you are a visitor to this board and some recollection of any manners you might have been taught just might come in handy.

Have a nice day and WAR EAGLE!

You guys are pretty pathetic, You are to scared to let me post because you know that everything that I and all SEC fanbases say about yall are true(classless,tactless,TRASH). Try this, GROW UP!!!! The best part of college football is the rivalry and you guys are to childish or stupid to to fire back with anything more than "4 in a row" so you delete and edit my post like little 4th graders......Real mature!!!  You guys really are the BLEMISH of the SEC

245485[/snapback]

A wise man once said, "Learn to spell and use proper grammar before going onto your rival's board and calling the members stupid."

So...anyway. Back to the topic at hand. Bo, Grad or any other reasonable Bama folks out there, how did Wilson look in the spring? And who is the most likely #2 guy?

Is Johns a fixture now at RB or any chance of him getting some time at QB?

Crapstone, get something straight. Your posts weren't removed because of your stellar arguments or because anything that pea-sized brain of yours could conjure up. You have at least 2 private messages that I know of from a moderator here that explains precisely why your posts were removed. You were violating board rules, not presenting stunning rebuttals. You think way too much of yourself.

If you can't take the time to either read your PMs or tell the truth, take your whining and blubbering to some other board that will change your diapers for you. The nursery here is closed.

So...anyway.  Back to the topic at hand.  Bo, Grad or any other reasonable Bama folks out there, how did Wilson look in the spring?  And who is the most likely #2 guy?

245526[/snapback]

I didn't see spring training so I can't personally vouch for how Wilson looked. From what those I've spoken with that did see has told me, he looked fairly sharp. Not great, but a lot of potential.

Johns, from everything I've seen, is now a RB.

#2 QB is a dead heat between Guillon and Jimmy Barnes. One friend of mine thought that Barnes looked the best of any, but I've also heard a lot of people say he didn't look good at all, so who knows? A lot of people think incoming Frosh Greg McCelroy (sp?) will take over the #2 spot by the time the 1st game comes around.

The film I saw on McElroy looked like he had a great throwing motion. I asked about Johns at QB. Wasn't he recruited as a QB out of Miss. or was that Barnes I'm thinking about?

The film I saw on McElroy looked like he had a great throwing motion.  I asked about Johns at QB.  Wasn't he recruited as a QB out of Miss. or was that Barnes I'm thinking about?

245540[/snapback]

Yeah, Johns is from MS, Barnes is from California. Looks like Johns may not see any playing time at QB.

Yea, I'm not to sold on our back up either......so, if Our's and 'bammer's QB go down then, we might be in a little bit of Trouble.........Because the run game can only do so much for you, especially when they're stacking the line.

It's possible that, with Johns' running ability, we could see him at QB in certain situations. Kind of like when we had Freddie Milons.

Yea, I'm not to sold on our back up either......so, if Our's and 'bammer's QB go down then, we might be in a little bit of Trouble.........Because the run game can only do so much for you, especially when they're stacking the line.

245545[/snapback]

It would be trouble for both but I would give Auburn the edge based on the OC's. Borges previously spoke of having different game plans for his 1 & 2 QB's. Back in 2004, he stated that he had a different "menu" of plays just for Cox in the event Campbell went down. I'm certain the same holds true today.

So...anyway.  Back to the topic at hand.  Bo, Grad or any other reasonable Bama folks out there, how did Wilson look in the spring?  And who is the most likely #2 guy?

245526[/snapback]

JPW isnt as good a pure passer as Brodie. But he's a lot more mobile. The thing they say about JPW is that he has excellent composure. What ive seen so far is that he may force the ball too much which may turn into some INTs...at least early on. But I think he is a solid #1 and will be a good QB.

#2, IMO is Greg McElroy. That kid was REALLY strong in high school and is already big enough to play D1 ball. Jimmy Barnes as a weight issue and probably wont ever play a down of ball at UA. Guillon has had another injury pop up on him and he may be done as well. If he can get over his injury issue, he may be a solid backup. But I think McElroy will be groomed from day one to backup JPW.

"He has excellent composure"??

Sooooo...Didn't the skinny kid that wore the dark pink #12?

Will this be an improvement or status quo minus a ton of experience?

245559[/snapback]

Just can't help yourself, can ya, Tim? Just have to be nasty. <_<

245485[/snapback]

A wise man once said, "Learn to spell and use proper grammar before going onto your rival's board and calling the members stupid."

245521[/snapback]

MDM, please don't judge all Bama fans by some of the loud-mouthed few.

245485[/snapback]

245521[/snapback]

245561[/snapback]

Dude, I promise you, we don't. The vast majority of the Bama fans who are regulars here are great people. But every now and then, some snot-nosed weenie comes along that has to be put in his place.

What kind of experience, other than mop -up in the Iron Bowl has JPW got? Did he get many snaps last year? If he doesn't have much, what would be wrong with McElroy stepping in if he shows he's not far behind in the fall?

I mean, JPW does have some time in the system, but all kidding aside, the system is not that impressive under Rader/Shula. Not a flame here, but you guys need to go out and find a legit OC and turn the reigns over to him. If McElroy came in and was anywhere close to JPW, I'd strongly consider throwing him in the fire right away.

What kind of experience, other than mop -up in the Iron Bowl has JPW got?  Did he get many snaps last year?  If he doesn't have much, what would be wrong with McElroy stepping in if he shows he's not far behind in the fall?

I mean, JPW does have some time in the system, but all kidding aside, the system is not that impressive under Rader/Shula.  Not a flame here, but you guys need to go out and find a legit OC and turn the reigns over to him.  If McElroy came in and was anywhere close to JPW, I'd strongly consider throwing him in the fire right away.

245566[/snapback]

That has been suggested by many Bama fans, as well.

What kind of experience, other than mop -up in the Iron Bowl has JPW got?  Did he get many snaps last year?  If he doesn't have much, what would be wrong with McElroy stepping in if he shows he's not far behind in the fall?

I mean, JPW does have some time in the system, but all kidding aside, the system is not that impressive under Rader/Shula.  Not a flame here, but you guys need to go out and find a legit OC and turn the reigns over to him.  If McElroy came in and was anywhere close to JPW, I'd strongly consider throwing him in the fire right away.

245566[/snapback]

That has been suggested by many Bama fans, as well.

245569[/snapback]

Be wary friends, Switching out quarterbacks can be very hamrful. Cough Cough Tennessee

Again, I say if I had one game to win, I'd rather have Blake Field than John Parker Wilson. I believe Auburn has tons of QB depth with Cox, Field, and the redshirted Caudle.

This is the change in Auburn football under Tuberville - anyone else remember the miserable 1998 season where we went from Gabe Gross at QB to Ben Leard to Jeff Klein?

Geh.

245485[/snapback]

245521[/snapback]

245561[/snapback]

No worries, my friend! You regulars are good people. A little misguided, but good people nonetheless. ;):poke:

245559[/snapback]

Brodie sure did have great composure. See game winning drives last year against UT, Ole Miss, and Texas Tech.

Archived