If this was your team.

WAR-MATT

Just a quick question to the rival fans on the board. If this story was written about your school, what would your reaction be?

a better question is how many school administrators, deans etc are visiting

their Sociology departments today.

Well considering UGA went through some crap during the Harrick scandal, I think I have a pretty good grasp on bad journalism.

I am sure people remember all of the Harrick crap and I bet people think that Harrick paid everyone and all the basketball players got free A's.

Fact is, in the end....after ALL OF THE ESPN crap and ALL OF THE AJC, USAToday, ext...writings....only Cole got a free TV and paid long-distance bill....and only Cole got an A for a ridicuously easy test that he rarely went to the class.

It was NOT as bad as everyone made it out to be yet nobody would ever know that.

If what the guy wrote is true, I think AU needs to change it. I am sure ALL big time SEC schools have things such as what this guy wrote but it still doesn't make it right.

I went to classes with Fred Gibson, Odell Thurman, and some other UGA stars and I give them credit...always showed up to class and took the things needed.

I went to school at Alabama...I know what sociology depts are all about. This article isnt news...but its not a bama conspiracy either.

If AU gets in trouble with the NCAA over this, I'll arrange a sit in and bring an AU shaker. If they turned a blind eye to what UT got away with but wont with this...itd be a sad day.

There's an easy class in the easiest program at a university? ....this is for David...Bravo Foxtrot Delta

I hate to say it, but I did once take a "Fundamentals of Coaching Basketball" class at Auburn Fall of 2003.

I met up with Anthony Mix, Tim Duckworth, Andrew Letts, and many other student athletes. I think we all made A's.

Ha. It happens everywhere, kids.

I went to school at Alabama...I know what sociology depts are all about. This article isnt news...but its not a bama conspiracy either.

If AU gets in trouble with the NCAA over this, I'll arrange a sit in and bring an AU shaker. If they turned a blind eye to what UT got away with but wont with this...itd be a sad day.

There's an easy class in the easiest program at a university? ....this is for David...Bravo Foxtrot Delta

247786[/snapback]

What he said.

I hate to say it, but I did once take a "Fundamentals of Coaching Basketball" class at Auburn Fall of 2003.

I met up with Anthony Mix, Tim Duckworth, Andrew Letts, and many other student athletes.  I think we all made A's.

Ha.  It happens everywhere, kids.

247787[/snapback]

How many Auburn Alums here took Organic Gardening? You had to show up and take the quizes but if you did not fall alseep in class, then you would get an A.

I once got horribly smashed in the back row of Dr James "My boy" Brown's Organic Gardening class. Even when I lit up that smoke, nobody said anything. Of course, 4 weeks into the class and he was still talking about not putting a garden under your house.

I met up with Anthony Mix, Tim Duckworth, Andrew Letts, and many other student athletes.  I think we all made A's.

Ha.  It happens everywhere, kids.

247787[/snapback]

How many Auburn Alums here took Organic Gardening? You had to show up and take the quizes but if you did not fall alseep in class, then you would get an A.

247795[/snapback]

That is why I smell a big fat RAT. There is not a "story" here. NONE. This could be written about any school in America.

Someone has an agenda, make no mistake about it. Why else would it be written about Auburn?

Exactly. Since the article could have been written about any school in America, why did it HAVE to be Auburn? And furthermore, why did this article HAVE to be written at all, about any school? This is more than a coincidence.

Archived