Where are you?

vatz22au

Economic Left/Right: -1.63

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64

Interesting. Going by the chart vatz posted, I'm almost as far left on the horizontal axis as Pope John Paul II. On the vertical axis, I'm not quite as far down as Nelson Mandela. Weird though. Some of the questions were stated too absolutely for my taste, which probably skewed the score.

Economic Left/Right: 5.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.62

I'm closest to Milton Friedman, except a little more Libertarian. I guess the Legalization of Marijuana, keeping religious instruction out of public school, etc. etc. Pushed me over the edge.

Right where I assumed I would be, split down the middle on authoritarian and libertarian, and just barely right economically; in other words, I don't know what I believe...

Economic Left/Right: 1.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.41

Economic Left/Right: 2.63

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.15

Definitely moving to the right with this set of questions. There were several questons that I did not like due to the superficial answers provided.

My results-

Economic Left/Right: 4.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.74

It doesn't seem like any other political leaders falls into this area. :huh:

Econ Left/Right: 4.63

Social Lib/Authoritarian: 1.64

By the looks of the graph, I'm right below Tony Blair & Silvio Berlusconi. I have to confess, I decided right away that I would only answer the questions Stongly Agree or Stongly Disagree. No wimpy gray areas for me and I pretty much went with the first thought that popped into my head. Interestingly enough, I clicked on the reading list suggested for my "type" and it listed some authors with which I'm already familiar: Ayn Rand, P.J. O'Rourke and Friedrick Hayek.

I guess I could hang out with the Dalai Lama. I wonder if he'd buy the beer?

Economic Left/Right: -2.63

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

Are you a golfer? Maybe you can hang with the Lama on the golf course. I heard on good authority that he's a "big hitter"and is known for bestowing Total Conscienceness on people who caddy for him. :D

Pretty much in the Tony Blair, Ariel Sharon area.

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.69

Hmmm....

Seems the older I get, the more conservative I get. I'd like to see some of you guys who are in college now take this same questionnaire when you've worked for 15 years, have a couple of kids, seen more money than you ever thought you'd make be swallowed up in taxes, owned your own business...

Seems the older I get, the more conservative I get. I'd like to see some of you guys who are in college now take this same questionnaire when you've worked for 15 years, have a couple of kids, seen more money than you ever thought you'd make be swallowed up in taxes, owned your own business...

I pretty much fit that description give or take. I've become more moderate in my views in recent years. I was a hard-core conservative a few years back.

Pretty much in the Tony Blair, Ariel Sharon area.

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.69

Hmmm....

Two positives here means fascist Neoliberal. Hmmm. Communism in it's purest from is the best form of government. Everything belongs to the people. To bad it failed, now we have to deal with fascism. And, we will shut it down too.

Economic Left/Right: 5.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.64

Right there with those neo-cons Tony Blair, Silvio Berlusconi, and AULoggerhead. I have to admit, I am not surprised by my Economic score, but I was somewhat surprised to see myself leaning more to the Authoritarian side (not leaning by too much, though).

Economic Left/Right: 6.0

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

I'm right there with OtterinBham and AURaptor.

BTW, for what its worth, I'm a 21 year old college student.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.54

Archived