Commit #14

According to Scout, Chris Slaughter has been added to our class for next year. If i am not mistaken I believe he committed last year and is back on for this year after a year at Hargrave.

Welcome back Chris!!!!

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=9&amp...747&yr=2007

Really glad to have Chris but can't help from wondering just how you go from a 4 star to a 1 star in a year? :blink:

Really glad to have Chris but can't help from wondering just how you go from a 4 star to a 1 star in a year?

Scout.com has not rated the JUCO's and prep school players yet. Those players are normally the last to get rated, and until the ratings come up, they are listed as 1 stars.

Any jucos come back as a 1 star supposedly. However I have heard of 'some' ;) school's resigns coming back as 4 stars.

Any jucos come back as a 1 star supposedly. However I have heard of 'some' ;) school's resigns coming back as 4 stars.

Some of them come back 5 times at 5 stars each year...

abrnfanatc, I was tyrying to be polite. You and I both know the truth. The :au: family knows the truth. The other side just cannot admit it though. I am thinking about Ford specifically. He has been signed what 2-3 times as a 5 star and as such drug their recruiting class rating above the true strength several times.

abrnfanatc, I was tyrying to be polite. You and I both know the truth. The :au: family knows the truth. The other side just cannot admit it though. I am thinking about Ford specifically. He has been signed what 2-3 times as a 5 star and as such drug their recruiting class rating above the true strength several times.

Actually DKW,

Mike Ford was a 4 star in 2005 and a 5 star in 2006. If you really want to see a jump in ratings, see Greg Smith a 2 star in 2004 and a 5 star in 2006. JUCOs do come back with a one star rating (if we are talking about rivals) and they are rated much later in the season than the rest of the incoming highschool prospects. However, I do feel that alot of people put too much stock in the star rating system, but it's fun to keep up with during the off season.

If you really want to see a jump in ratings, see Greg Smith a 2 star in 2004 and a 5 star in 2006.

Greg Smith was raped out of extra stars during his senior year out of HS. If you remember when he originally commited to AU, he had a DT teammate who was recieving all the hype despite the fact that Greg Smith actually had BETTER stats.

Demonte Bolden:

96 Solo Tackles

44 Assisted Tackles

140 Total Tackles

29 Tackles For Loss

13 Sacks

Greg Smith:

100 Solo Tackles

64 Assisted Tackles

37 Tackles For Loss

16 Sacks

Demonte Bolden:

4-stars

#1 Player in Tenneseee

#4 DT in the nation

#43 on Rivals Top100

Greg Smith:

2-stars

#8 player in Tennessee

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone notice the difference between the hype? One guy is a top recruit at the position and the other guy doesn't even make the Top 50 as a Defensive Tackle. Considering how Greg Smith went to JUCO and CONTINUED to dominate on his way to 5-star status, I'd say that both Rivals and Scout screwed up when originally grading him.

If you really want to see a jump in ratings, see Greg Smith a 2 star in 2004 and a 5 star in 2006.

Greg Smith was raped out of extra stars during his senior year out of HS.

:o Ouch! I hope he recovered well.. :roflol:

Archived