Does anyone have new pictures of the stadium construction?

Tygerman34

Thanks.

I walked by today and everything is completet inside(brickwork, concessions, bathrooms, new signs). The gates and esterior brickwork are completed. All that looks unfinished is the area in front of the new plaza. It is impossible to tell right now if it will be brick, concrete, grass or a combination. Today they had backhoes and other equipment moving dirt around and leveling the area.

I was there three weeks ago for my Daughters wedding. I did not think, at the time, that it would possibly be ready in time for the first game. Goes to show what I know.

I just walked by the stadium a couple of minutes ago. It looks ready on all fronts, except for the new plaza as was stated earlier. They have a few things to finish on that side, but everything else looks completed. They have had quite a few people out there in the past week in order to ensure its completion by Game Day. It looks really good and for those of you who have not seen it, are in for a suprise. War Eagle!

The scoreboard is up but it is not possible to see what it looks like on the side that faces into the stadium. It looks like it might be a tiny bit larger than the old one, but media reports say it doesn't contain a video screen. Im sure it is just a basic scoreboard like the one it replaced. I cant wait to get in the stadium to see the updates

I was in the stadium this past Monday, and the new scoreboard, although not complete, looks like it will be almost identical to what it replaced- I wouldnt be suprised if it had a mini LED ribbon (like the plain lighted one there last year) for scrolling text, etc. I could imagine that it would match what is going on the upper deck facade....

I also noticed that all the number displays (score, downs, Yds to Go....) on the south endzone board had been removed- maybe upgrading from the individual light bulbs to something that won't have individual lights burning out? The facade of the upper west is totally bare (tiger stripes / ads gone) and scaffolding is in place for the ribbon board installation. The upper east facade hasn't been touched as of Monday- The outside looks like it is on track and will be done for Sept. 2. No worries there....

The parking deck is open, but landscaping (and some sidewalks) is still a work in progress- Hopefully all the mud will have some form of grass on it by gameday-

And then there is the new student union.....That green space formally home to the eagles nest (along with the parking lots next to Haley) are in the proccess of being ripped out, so that looks really trashy- Dirt, chunks of concrete, uprooted trees.... It looks like a bomb went off ;) It will look nice in 2008, but for the next 2 seasons, that area won't be pretty.....

I think they just remodeled around the old scoreboard per someone in the facilities division at AU. But, they did add in the long LCD scoreboard at the bottom of the upper decks replacing the tiger eyes and loudness meter thingy.

It looks really good... I will say that the expansion that BDS has really looks good, but it is just one side. From what I remember a season ago of my trip there, the inside all the way around was nasty looking... while we didn't add seats or anything it's a front to back renovation that makes JHS look really really good... from the new signs to the new paved concourses and of course the new plaza... it's AUsome

Archived