Alabama Dems are a joke

TexasTiger

The challenge was brought by Ms. Hendricks’s mother-in-law. But it was tacitly supported by Joe L. Reed, a longtime Democratic kingmaker and the party’s vice chairman of minority affairs. Mr. Reed had urged voters to support Ms. Hendricks, and at one point the Alabama Democratic Conference, a black political organization that he is chairman of, gave a check to cover the $3,000 fee needed to bring the challenge in case Ms. Hendricks missed the deadline. He also controlled the subcommittee; three of the five members were drawn from a pool of Mr. Reed’s appointees.

Tex, we dont agree on much, but I fully agree on this. She ran, and won or will win. This is unconscienable. If the Dems felt she was unfit, they had their time to run against her. Reed, major clown of the AlaDems, is doing what he does best, create controversy.

I lived in that district until two months ago, and it was a bitter, down-to-the-wire election.

The problems with Democrats in this state is the stuff of legend. Remember poor Charlie Graddick? That little episode was the beginning of the end of the old school Democrats in this state, the corrupt gang of fools who kept this state down so far for so long.

As it turns out, the Democrats don't really want democracy. They want to have their slate of handpicked candidates. And the blacks in the district are showing their true colors as well. I bet this entire episode has been a shocker for idealistic liberals who thought the Democratic Party truly represented them.

In short, it's just brutal, bare-knuckle politics in a state that's known for its freewheeling ways. And the people sit on the sidelines, unable to even have their choice sent to Goat Hill.

If Todd is smart, she'll file as an independent ASAP.

PS: Texas Tiger, I think slamming Alabama Politics is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Texas politics is even more shady and ruthless than Alabama's. Heck, Lyndon Johnson alone had a career so breathtakingly corrupt that it beggars belief.

I lived in that district until two months ago, and it was a bitter, down-to-the-wire election.

The problems with Democrats in this state is the stuff of legend. Remember poor Charlie Graddick? That little episode was the beginning of the end of the old school Democrats in this state, the corrupt gang of fools who kept this state down so far for so long.

As it turns out, the Democrats don't really want democracy. They want to have their slate of handpicked candidates. And the blacks in the district are showing their true colors as well. I bet this entire episode has been a shocker for idealistic liberals who thought the Democratic Party truly represented them.

In short, it's just brutal, bare-knuckle politics in a state that's known for its freewheeling ways. And the people sit on the sidelines, unable to even have their choice sent to Goat Hill.

If Todd is smart, she'll file as an independent ASAP.

PS: Texas Tiger, I think slamming Alabama Politics is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Texas politics is even more shady and ruthless than Alabama's. Heck, Lyndon Johnson alone had a career so breathtakingly corrupt that it beggars belief.

No need to be defensive. ;) Start a thread slamming Texas politics and I'll agree with you.

Archived