Seeing and hearing Lou Holtz on ESPN...

StatTiger

Lou is a joke. Not like Lee C “ Hey, he said something amusing, but dead wrong,” but more of a” Good God, does he even know what team he’s talking about is? How did he land this job?” I think he's embarrassing for ESPN.

His lisp is slowly getting my my last nerve... and during the "College Gameday PReview" show, he called us the "University of Auburn". Time for the Old Reprobate Coaches Home...

It's been 8 months since I've seen any cfb, I was desperate and actually listened to him & the other 2 during halftime. ... ... That won't happen again this season. :thumbsdown: I actually think someone told him to be more animated. The result is that he looks likes he's trying to talk a little bit faster like Lee Corso except he stills has that annoying lisp. Unwatchable.

His lisp is slowly getting my my last nerve... and during the "College Gameday PReview" show, he called us the "University of Auburn". Time for the Old Reprobate Coaches Home...

Sylvester the cat can't help his got a speech impediment.

It is pretty nauseating to listen to him.

God, what a miserable hack that man he is. You know that they're just letting him do this until his room is ready at the Shady Acres Alzheimer's Wing. He's almost as incoherent and consistently wrong as Beano Cook. And the only reason Beano is still around is because he's got negatives of ESPN's program director playing Vienna Sausage Search five years ago at the national Girls Scout Conventiion.

ESPN fired Trev Alberts, who was a great analyst and replaced him with that joker Lou. I absolutely hate listening to him because he spits and has a horrible sounding voice. This is ESPN we are talking about here! Surely they can find a young bright analyst who doesn't spit. Grosses me out.

Uhmm I hope Beano Cook isn't too wrong didn't he pick Auburn V/s Notre Dame for the National Title?

Uhmm I hope Beano Cook isn't too wrong didn't he pick Auburn V/s Notre Dame for the National Title?

Hey, even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a great while.

********MOD EDIT - While I appreciate the Great Gonzo, his quote was a bit too rough around the edges for this board.

hes a freakin idiot, this is his analysis of why south carolina is going to be good this year:

"clsshh they have boyd who they didn't have lashhhhh year and they have schhhhteeeve shhhpurrier." (then smiles like a sh*t eating possum while looking back and forth at whoever else is on the set.

Seeing and hearing Lou Holtz on ESPN... it was a purely nauseating experience all around, thank you for asking Stat.

I was so glad football season was back, then halftime came and my headache began. Holtz kind of reminds me of the big mole on the lunch ladies nose in school, lord knows I tried to ignore it but yet time after time there it was!

I agree Lou Holtz makes me sick! he was good a ND but he ran SC into the ground with all the terrible players that he signed and the lack of control that he had while he was there!

Corso: Couldnt buy a win at Indiana

Holtz: Ran off with probation at almost every scool he coached at. Got :usc: to only two good bowl games.

Davie: Collosal failure at his one HC gig.

Do you guys realize that Spurrier will do everything Holtz did at :usc: but do it in only two years with Holtz's recruits to boot?

What happened to Todd Blackledge? He was in Lou's place during the season preview shows last week. I thought that ESPN had taken him away from CBS. Does anybody know?

Couldn't agree more about Holtz. He is just terrible. His "analysis" is pathetic and his delivery is worse.

Corso wasn't much of a coach, and his analysis isn't great, but at least he is fun to watch. I think of him like the comic foil to Herbstreet and Fowler (who I tend to think does a good job). Don't take him too seriously and just enjoy his antics.

But Holtz, oy, just unwatchable. He seemed particularly bad last night...

Lou Holtz last night:

Reece Davis: "Lou why do you think ND is ranked #3 even though they only beat 3 teams over .500 last year?"

Holtz: "Because they are rated too low. They should be #1. They are the best team in the country"

Huh? Good answer...

Also, at one point, he was saying Ohio State was not a Number 1 team, that they lost too much on Defense - and then he turned right around and said they would be playing Notre Dame in the BCS Champ game... WTF? :blink:

Let's start complaining. I sent an Email to ESPN: Link to ESPN Email

Archived