Bobby Wallace at UWA Wins 65-0

DKW 86

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/15457553.htm

DID YOU NOTICE?

-- In his first game at West Alabama, Bobby Wallace's team beat Concordia College, 65-0. Last year at Temple, his Owls scored 107 points during the entire season.

-- Oklahoma junior Adrian Peterson caught a 69-yard TD pass in a 24-17 win over Alabama-Birmingham. His career total before that had been 62 receiving yards.

-- Temple played 11 true freshmen in its opener. Only Illinois (14) and Southern Cal (12) used more.

Bobby Wallace was one of the best coaches in school history at UNA (North Alabama). I was in the band there during the National Championship era where we were in the NC game almost every year in the 90's.

His teams ran the option like Kamikazes. They literally ran the option on 80% of the plays and it was unstoppable. It was truly something to behold...like watching a Playstation game where someone is using a cheat code.

I was on the team at UWA for 2 years and we only won 4 games! So this is a big deal!

Their rodeo team usually did better than the football team didn't it?

UNA reported I think 25 plus scolarships that where given other than football scholarships to football players on the team. That's why they went downhill after he left. I wonder why he was such a great coach? :no:

UNA reported I think 25 plus scolarships that where given other than football scholarships to football players on the team. That's why they went downhill after he left. I wonder why he was such a great coach? :no:

Coach Wallace was the shiznit while at UNA, no if's, and's, but's about it. UNA sucked before he arrived and they've sucked, with the exception of last season, pretty much since he left. I was a freshman when he left and that was a sad, sad day my friend.

Bobby Wallaace was a great recruiter. If you remember, he brought Bo to Au. He also has an awesome defense during the NC reign in Div II. Those teams were so fun to watch and Cody Gross could run the Option better than anyone I have ever seen.

I played football with 2 or 3 of the guys that were on the NC teams at UNA, A.J. Lamar and Eddie Evans! He recruited A.J. , one of the best tailbacks to come out of North Alabama, when I expected him to be a good DI prospect. I was shocked when he told me that he was going to play at UNA. I thought what a dumb move..........man was I wrong. Guess that is why AJ has 3 NC rings and I have 0...........

That was one heck of a run he put together at UNA...........

Bobby Wallaace was a great recruiter. If you remember, he brought Bo to Au. He also has an awesome defense during the NC reign in Div II. Those teams were so fun to watch and Cody Gross could run the Option better than anyone I have ever seen.

Are you in the Construction field Rusty?

Guest BoStillKnows

We just hired a guy that played for UNA and earned a Super Bowl ring with the Redskins. I think he played for Grubbs instead of Wallace though. He graduated in '87.

I was on the team at UWA for 2 years and we only won 4 games! So this is a big deal!

Their rodeo team usually did better than the football team didn't it?

When I was there the rodeo team had some bull riders that where world champs!

I beat one in college football on the sega!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy Rocker was the d-line coach when I was there, he is a funny man! and mean

Archived