Who got the first sack?

Cumming Tiger

Can someone help settle a discussion? My boss is a WSU fan (his son is the starting center for WSU). We have seen a couple newspaper articles with conflicting information. The Huntsville Times gives Josh T. credit for the sack on the first play of the game tossing the center asside on his way to the QB. The Wash Tribune gives Karebe D. the credit, comming around the end. The WSU coaches graded the center high with no sacks and no hurries.

What did you see? Does anyone have it recorded and can watch the first play to see? I was trying to find the AU Football review on auburntigers.com but it doesn't seem to be there this year. Does anyone know where, on the internet, I can watch the review?

Thanks for your help

I have the highlight video that Tiger 'Eh made and found that play.

Karibi comes around the end and causes the QB to have to move and duck to avoid Karibi. He gets both arms on him but loses his grip...the QB was then tackled by Josh Thompson.

So Karibi had the first contact, but did not bring him down. Josh then comes in and tackles the QB without any help.

So I guess both are kinda right. Josh probably wouldn't have gotten there in time without Karibi causing the QB to duck and start to scramble, but there wouldn't have been a sack if not for Josh getting through the line.

Thompson is the left tackle. He came over the center. The center looked like he called the wrong blocking assignments. The line all blocked to the left. The tight end went out for a pass and that left the linebacker coming of the right end unblocked.

Can someone help settle a discussion? My boss is a WSU fan (his son is the starting center for WSU). We have seen a couple newspaper articles with conflicting information. The Huntsville Times gives Josh T. credit for the sack on the first play of the game tossing the center asside on his way to the QB. The Wash Tribune gives Karebe D. the credit, comming around the end. The WSU coaches graded the center high with no sacks and no hurries.

What did you see? Does anyone have it recorded and can watch the first play to see? I was trying to find the AU Football review on auburntigers.com but it doesn't seem to be there this year. Does anyone know where, on the internet, I can watch the review?

Thanks for your help

I hope you receive this with the good intent intended, but if it is your bosses son, you better go with Karebe Dede. ;):big:

It was indeed Josh Thompson...right up the gut! :big:

:au::homer:

Archived