LSU and Auburn

Texan4Auburn

This thought just occured to me. If LSU is treated fair in the polls (meaning they stay in the at least the top 8) and they win out and everyone else in the nation loses except Auburn. Could the two end up meeting again in the BCS championship game.

With LSU's schedule of going to Tenn and to Florida wins there combined with others losing their first could easily push them back up there.

This thought just occured to me. If LSU is treated fair in the polls (meaning they stay in the at least the top 8) and they win out and everyone else in the nation loses except Auburn. Could the two end up meeting again in the BCS championship game.

With LSU's schedule of going to Tenn and to Florida wins there combined with others losing their first could easily push them back up there.

No.

No.

Why not? Whats the obvious thing I'm missing, well besides media bias.

Alot of the teams that are ahead of them will face teams that can beat them (well, ya USC doesn't I guess). If LSU were to win out, and the rest of the undefeated teams lose what stops them from moving up the polls and into that position. They did it with a early loss to Florida in 03, but they did get to play in the championship game.

Well, a team that did not win their conference has played in the BCS championship game...Oklahoma.

But, this was only the third game of the season and we still have Florida, Georgia, and UAT to play. The SEC is called the "toughest conference to go undefeated" in for a reason.

Well, a team that did not win their conference has played in the BCS championship game...Oklahoma.

But, this was only the third game of the season and we still have Florida, Georgia, and UAT to play. The SEC is called the "toughest conference to go undefeated" in for a reason.

Oh ya definitly early, I wasn't trying to call something. It had just crossed my mind that it could be possible for LSU to make it to the BCS despite todays game and thought it would be interesting.

Nebraska also did not make it to the championship game the year they played Miami in the BCS.

I know LSU played admirably, but I wouldn't want to play them again if I were you. You've beaten them on the field already. You've shown you are better. They had their chance. A price should be paid for losing. Let em wait til next year. I know we had to play Fla twice one season and that was no fun.

B)

I know LSU played admirably, but I wouldn't want to play them again if I were you. You've beaten them on the field already. You've shown you are better. They had their chance. A price should be paid for losing. Let em wait til next year. I know we had to play Fla twice one season and that was no fun.

B)

Well you never like to play a team twice, especially one like LSU as that game could easily have gone their way.

There was some talk earlier this year that the SEC could get two teams in the BCS and alot didn't think it possible. Unless the polls screw LSU I think they are easily in striking distance of making a BCS game.

Under the scenario I used everyone else would have to lose and LSU win out. Which isn't beyond the realms of possiblity.

LSU will fall out of the top 10. It's not right, but that's what will happen. The way these idiots are talking on TV tonight, we will be lucky if WE don't fall out of the top 10 after beating LSU.

In your scenario the answer is...No they won't play in the SEC Championship game and won't have enough BCS points to get into a BCS Title Game.

In your scenario the answer is...No they won't play in the SEC Championship game and won't have enough BCS points to get into a BCS Title Game.

Pac 10 and Big 10 don't play a championship game either though, but the Pac 10 did add a extra conference game with the additional game, don't know if the Big 10 did that.

Technically possible? I suppose. But highly unlikely, particularly since the whole Polls/BCS thing has gotten so political/media controlled.

But still, possible? Has it happened before? Have two teams ever played in the regular season, then had a rematch for the national championship--whether before or after the BCS system? Why do I have a vague recollection of something like that happening between two of the Florida teams--UF and/or FSU and/or Miami? Just sounds vaguely familiar. Stat or any other historian out there know for sure?

Technically possible? I suppose. But highly unlikely, particularly since the whole Polls/BCS thing has gotten so political/media controlled.

But still, possible? Has it happened before? Have two teams ever played in the regular season, then had a rematch for the national championship--whether before or after the BCS system? Why do I have a vague recollection of something like that happening between two of the Florida teams--UF and/or FSU and/or Miami? Just sounds vaguely familiar. Stat or any other historian out there know for sure?

UF and FSU played in the Sugar Bowl for the NC I beleive, also believe it was pre BCS.

The polls would work out, it pays to lose later than sooner. So pollsters would have to keep moving LSU up as long as they kept winning and teams down if they kept losing. Course alot would hinge on where they move LSU after this week. If LSU is still in the top 10 after this week, all it would take is one undefeated to lose each week for them to get to number 2.

Pac 10 and Big 10 don't play a championship game either though, but the Pac 10 did add a extra conference game with the additional game, don't know if the Big 10 did that.

I don't recall any non-champion from a BCS conference getting into the title game...OU lost their conf champtionship game a couple years ago to K State, but they were the regular season Big 12 South Champs. LSU wouldn't even have that going for them. I think they very well could be #2 but won't ever get there in the polls without a series of miracles.

I don't recall any non-champion from a BCS conference getting into the title game...OU lost their conf champtionship game a couple years ago to K State, but they were the regular season Big 12 South Champs. LSU wouldn't even have that going for them. I think they very well could be #2 but won't ever get there in the polls without a series of miracles.

Nebraska played Miami in the Rose Bowl, Colorado crushed Nebraska and won the Big 12 North and then the Big 12 Championship. Colorado was later destroyed by Oregon in the bowls, Ducks should have been facing Miami.

LSU will fall out of the top 10. It's not right, but that's what will happen. The way these idiots are talking on TV tonight, we will be lucky if WE don't fall out of the top 10 after beating LSU.

I was listening to Fox Sports tonight on the way home and whoever the announcer was said "several teams made a strong statement on Statement Saturday for consideration for the BCS title game."

I thought he was about to talk about AU.

But NOOOOOO. This marshmallow head waxed rhapsodic about West Virginia, Michigan, Louisville and USC.

Then he says there are maybe two teams that could finish undefeated. Again, I think he is about to talk about AU.

But NOOOOOO. He postulates the possibilities for USC and OSU.

And then. And then. He says "LSU, even with one loss, isn't out of the picture. That's an excellent football team. It will all hinge on their game with Florida."

I got so !%$!&!*%$&!@^$ mad, I punched the radio until a freaking Boy George song came on. I figured he knew more about football than the fools I was listening to.

I was listening to Fox Sports tonight on the way home and whoever the announcer was said "several teams made a strong statement on Statement Saturday for consideration for the BCS title game."

I thought he was about to talk about AU.

But NOOOOOO. This marshmallow head waxed rhapsodic about West Virginia, Michigan, Louisville and USC.

Then he says there are maybe two teams that could finish undefeated. Again, I think he is about to talk about AU.

But NOOOOOO. He postulates the possibilities for USC and OSU.

And then. And then. He says "LSU, even with one loss, isn't out of the picture. That's an excellent football team. It will all hinge on their game with Florida."

I got so !%$!&!*%$&!@^$ mad, I punched the radio until a freaking Boy George song came on. I figured he knew more about football than the fools I was listening to.

That is the exact problem no respect!

Could it be that they are Blaming Coach TT for the Shorter Games and therefore taking it out on us in the polls??? Just a thought!!

What a Game Auburn Keep it up.... ONE GAME AT A Time....WDE!!!

Archived