Cole Bennett

AUTigerCourt

I live with Cole Bennett's girlfriend, and a lot of people didn't realize this last night, but Cole Bennett broke a bone in his ankle and is having surgery to get a pin put in on Monday morning. The doctor that apparently looked at it said that if rehab goes well, then he might be able to be back for UGA or Alabama. Pray for him. Apparently Cole hurt it and after the play went to the sidelines to get it wrapped, but then couldn't put any weight on it.

i sure hate that for cole. auburn's going to miss him while he's gone. he's a big strong young man and i wouldnt be surprised if he's back before some people think. time now for some of the younger TE's to earn their stripes.

Bennett doesn't have the best hands in the world - Tommy Trott and Gabe McKenzie are good, but are not the run-blocker that Bennett is. We'll miss him, but only one really hard game in Florida between us and UGA.

AUBURN, Ala. (AP) -- Auburn tight end Cole Bennett is expected to miss 6-8 weeks with a broken right ankle, coach Tommy Tuberville said Sunday.

Bennett is scheduled for surgery on Monday. Cornerback Jonathan Wilhite is doubtful for Saturday's game with Buffalo for the second-ranked Tigers with a pulled right hamstring.

also, Sears back, Blackmon still suspended.

linky dinky

That is so sad about Bennett. Maybe he can get a medical redshirt if he isn't healed in time.

Did anyone see the LSU player hit Kenny Irons in the face after he was slammed for a loss in the 3rd quarter? On the replay I saw it, He (Kenny) was already down and an LSU player walked over to him and slammed his fists into both his shoulders as the other LSU player was getting up. No ref saw it, but that was blatantly a personal foul. That LSU player wasn't even part of the play that slammed Kenny down.

LSU had a lot of injuries as well. Hard fought game.

Man, I hate to hear that.

Here's to a speedy recovery. It always sucks to see a player go down...

Yeah, you guys have had your share of injuries in the past. How is Prothro doing? Saw a picture of him on the sidelines. I think everyone, even AU fans were sad to see what happened to him last year.

Cole is having surgery at 8am tomorrow morning. His girlfriend told me that he is not wanting to redshirt, but will see how things go with rehab.

About 2-3 plays after Cole caught a pass, he was on the bottom of a pile and an LSU player stepped on his ankle. He then hobbled off the field to get it wrapped, but when he tried to stand up, he just fell down.

I'll try to keep you posted with how he's doing.

WAR EAGLE!

What's the situation at TE while Cole Bennett is out? I know we have Gabe M. and Tom Trott. Who else do we have? Will this prevent us from using two tight end sets while Cole Bennett is out?

Man, I hate to hear that.

Here's to a speedy recovery. It always sucks to see a player go down...

Yeah, you guys have had your share of injuries in the past. How is Prothro doing? Saw a picture of him on the sidelines. I think everyone, even AU fans were sad to see what happened to him last year.

He is doing good from what I see. Out of an aircast and into actual shoes now in fact... Walks without a limp as well.

Dang it! I hate to see this. Cole is a part of this puzzle! War Cole and get well soon!

take all the time you need big fella, and when you get back, we'll all be cheering for you! WAR EAGLE, we're praying for you, cole.

as for football, i would imagine this means michael goggans (the other scholarship tight end on the roster) is now a candidate for pt as a true freshman. who knows? maybe we move away from two tight sets, but we played them almost the whole second half after cole was injured. those guys are going to need a blow if we keep that formation in tact so i'd expect to see goggans in there.

Guest Tigrinum Major

What's the situation at TE while Cole Bennett is out? I know we have Gabe M. and Tom Trott. Who else do we have? Will this prevent us from using two tight end sets while Cole Bennett is out?

I would assume that true freshman Micheal Goggins would be the new third stringer, but I don't know that for sure.

I would assume that true freshman Micheal Goggins would be the new third stringer, but I don't know that for sure.

I read on another site that Goggins would now be off the scout team and practicing with the team and will be ready if needed. But if they don't have to use him they wont and therefore keep his redshirt going. There is no reason to waste a redshirt year for one or two plays.

Archived