Is There A Chance.........

jtweeks

Is there a chance that we beat the best team in America on Saturday? I don't know about the rest of you but I find it hard to believe that there is a team with more talent than LSU! Just one man's opinion; but I think we beat the best in the country!

I guess that means that we're now officially....THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY!!! :cheer:

I think you are right on with regard to talent. LSU is loaded at all positions. I know our D deserves all the kudos you can give a unit for their play. But, you've got to question one area of LSU's program. Coaching. I find it almost impossible to have Russell, Vincent, Broussard, Bowe, Davis, Doucet etc. all on the field and not be able to muster more than 3 points in a game. Forget the controversial calls. The fact is, they didn't really sniff of the endzone until the last desperation drive.

The fact is, they didn't really sniff of the endzone until the last desperation drive.

Even with these yards we had significantly softened the defense even to the point of being more soft than Muschamp wanted.

With consistent play and a little more successful passing game, I don't see Auburn losing. And I'm an LSU fan. While I would like another shot at Saturday's game, I don't think I'd want to see Auburn again.

As an LSU fan I hope we are that good. Before the AU/LSU game everyone was saying AU and LSU hasn't played anyone so it's not possible to know how good they really are. Now that they have played each other and the score was 7 - 3 what does that really say other than AU was a little better than LSU. I think it's too early in the season to get a complete assessment on how good teams are. AU beat LSU, a team that has not beaten anyone. LSU played AU down to the wire but AU hasn't beaten anyone. So I think it remains to be seen how good LSU and AU really are. Was our defenses really that good or was our offenses that weak? I do think AU is one of the best teams in the country followed very close by LSU but we won't know for sure until the season plays out.

If the improbable happens, COULD AU face LSU again? I posed this question on the walk back from the game to our tailgate spot.

1. AU wins out (HIGHLY IMPROBABLE)

2. OSU, USC, WVU, etc. all lose.

3. LSU wins out.

4. LSU garners a #2 ranking just prior to the SEC Championship.

Is it possible? Does a 13th game (Championship game) prevent this from ever happening?

If the improbable happens, COULD AU face LSU again? I posed this question on the walk back from the game to our tailgate spot.

3. LSU wins out.

Is it possible? Does a 13th game (Championship game) prevent this from ever happening?

I think LSU winning out is highly improbable also.

How many teams ahead of LSU play each other? If AU wins out that means a loss for GA and FL. That moves LSU up two spots right there. (If LSU wins out)

3. LSU wins out.

Found this on another board:

Teams ahead of LSU and their remaining games against BCS teams with winning records:

OSU: Penn St, @ Iowa, @ Mich St, Minn, Mich

SC: Wash, AzST, Oregon, Notre Dame, @ UCLA

WV: @ Louisville, @ Pitt, South Florida, Rutgers

Michigan: Wis, @ Minn, Mich St, @ Penn St, Iowa, @ Ohio St

Texas: OU (@ Dallas), @ Nebraska, @ Texas Tech, Ok St, @ Kansas St, A&M, BigIX Champ

Louisville: @ Kansas St, WV, @ Rutgers, South Florida, @ Pitt

VT: Ga Tech, @ BC, Clemson, ACC Champ

Archived