Georgia - Colorado game thread

lukeduke

Did you see the QB sneak call inside the 10? The UC QB gets the first down on the initial surge, the UG LB comes around behind and pulls him backwards, the QB breaks free and falls forward off the left side of the line for a 3 yard gain. The ref them ran in and marked the ball where the UG LB had pulled him backwards, even though he never really had him stopped. The ball should have been marked on the initial surge or after he broke free and fell forward. Not that I am cheering on UC, just a freaky call from the refs; and of course the (old) JP announcers missed it completely...

Was that before or after the CU CB hit Kris Durham 3 seconds before the ball was thrown to him thus PI and they didn't call it?

It was after that no-call, and it wasn't 3 seconds, maybe .5 seconds; but ok, so it was a make up call. Either way, UG better wake up quickly or they are going to make the SEC look really bad against this medicore at best Big 12 school...

for the first quarter of play, only 22 total yards of offense for UGA and only 3:54 (i may be off on the seconds) of ball posession. colorado is over 150 yards offense with over 11 mins of ball posession, but not much to show for it. whats up with the dawgs today? i bet they'll come out with a vengeance after halftime tho.....i hope anyways. go SEC!

It was after that no-call, and it wasn't 3 seconds, maybe .5 seconds;

It was a full second or more. Either way, it was blatant PI but that is the way things go in the SEC, I guess.

Just get out of this game with a win is all I care about.

It was a full second or more. Either way, it was blatant PI but that is the way things go in the SEC, I guess.

Seems :uga: forgot how to play football...I hope they remember how by halftime. SouthLink, do you feel that :uga: was looking ahead before the game?

We must not be talking about the same pass play then, because the ball wasn't even in the air for 3 seconds, it was only about a 20 yard pass, not a 65 yard pass; so I guess there are 2 blatent PI's the refs didn't call. But, UG's problem isn't the refs, it is the Swiss Cheese defense they are putting on the field. Wasn't there an article this week someone quoted that raved about SEC defenses? And I was thinking that UG's was up there with LSU' and Auburn's. They are looking like Vandy today...

Never said it was the refs fault that we were losing. You brought up a CU ref play and I gave you one where UGA got screwed.

We do look pretty bad today but if we get out of this game with a W, I will be happy since now we will be the under-dogs in most games.

We must not be talking about the same pass play then, because the ball wasn't even in the air for 3 seconds, it was only about a 20 yard pass, not a 65 yard pass; so I guess there are 2 blatent PI's the refs didn't call. But, UG's problem isn't the refs, it is the Swiss Cheese defense they are putting on the field. Wasn't there an article this week someone quoted that raved about SEC defenses? And I was thinking that UG's was up there with LSU' and Auburn's. They are looking like Vandy today...

0-4 on third downs is not helping the D any...So, we can't blame it all on the D. Something good needs to happen for :uga: to settle them down.

It will take a miracle for UGA to win this game at this rate. They just can't get anything going on offense right now. The turnovers are killing them.

Raven, I love the sig pic dude. :thumbsup:

i think :uga: got caught looking ahead to the next game. this is a team that UGA's practice squad should handily defeat. colorado averaging only 114 yards per game, and averaging only like 11 points per game. halfway thru the 3rd quarter and back to back turnovers. somethin has got to give here.

Was it a bad decision for Richt to go for it on 4th down? I know hindsight is 20/20, but if you were in his shoes, would you have taken the 3 points?

Always take the points.

Archived