Tuberville Calls for a Playoff

DCWarEagle

That is something. CTT wanted the +One structure. I guess he has seen the light now. Without a Playoff, no SEC Team will be an easy entrant into the BCSCG.

I heart CTT.

Only thing is, just as Spurrier said:

"The people that run college football don't listen to the coaches anyway."

Maybe some others will jump on the bandwagon and some sort of compromise can come of this.

Then again, why in the world would anyone from any of the other conference actually try to make changes so that they actually have to earn their MNC's?

Quickly: What is with the "beat down coming" pics? Why aren't they Auburn-centric? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a "Beatdown coming" to Arkansas? Who cares about Bama-Duke? The first week of the season I understood but it seems to me like you guys are "Whoever is playing Bama" fans as opposed to Auburn fans...For once I actually get that little brother feeling when looking at those pics...Keep on doing what you're doing..thats just my opinion.

Onto topic at hand:

The +1 is a lot like a 4 team playoff...

It has the top 4 face off in a bowl game and a week later have a game between the winners......

Although I didn't care for CTT at first (I like him now though, duh), I've always respected the fact that he speaks his mind.

Then again, why in the world would anyone from any of the other conference actually try to make changes so that they actually have to earn their MNC's?

True dat AUChizad.

Yea, but how are you going to determine the top 4? The only way is to have the winners of each conference or just the BCS conferences and then 2 at larges. Even then, how do you determine the at-larges...

Why don't you use the current BCS formula to determine the top 4? Play a 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, with winners going to the Championship Game. Then everyone is happy. I'm afraid I'm making too much sense.

Why don't you use the current BCS formula to determine the top 4? Play a 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, with winners going to the Championship Game. Then everyone is happy. I'm afraid I'm making too much sense.

Yes but someone could be left out even still, there is no perfect formula.

That is not a good excuse to continue with something that is clearly not working. A four or eight team playoff would solve the problem, while only adding one or three games to two or four teams after school is out for the semester. So simple it hurts.

Yea, but how are you going to determine the top 4? The only way is to have the winners of each conference or just the BCS conferences and then 2 at larges. Even then, how do you determine the at-larges...

But of course Notre Damn, excuse me I mean Notre Dame, would be one of the at-larges, year in year out. They would get an at-large bid for sure because they are the best :no: independent school in college football. :roflol:

When was the last time a team outside of the top 4 had a legitimate arguement for a shot at the NC? Taking the top 4 in the current BCS would be 300% better than the current system. I would rather see the top 8 make the chase for the chkampionship(kind of like Neckcar) but thr top 4 would work pretty good.

First thing that needs to happen, all conferences need to have a championship game.

Second, ND can only get in if their record is as good as the lowest contender, or they have to join a conference.

If all conferences have the same amount of teams (12) then there will be 8 conferences and that means 4 x 2 x 1 games. 7 games for a playoff is easy to setup and there would be no doubt whom the winner is.

If a team needed to have a championship game for the conference to get in a BCS game, then many conferences would have them. As it stands right now, USC can pick their 12th game, and I doubt the game will be as tough as the SEC championship game.

They can always change it to more of a HS format : less games, but that would cost colleges a lot of money so it won't happen.

I suggest the following:

10 games - 8 Conference Games and 2 Out of Conference games and a Conference Championship game. Each Conference Champion and 2 at-large births make the 8 team playoff format. The out of conference games should contain at least 1 major game that will make up the revenue for the games not played. The at-large birth could be controversial, but the out-of-conference game could play the major factor and I say - if you lose at any point in the season, you have nothing to complain about. If you can't win your conference championship, you probably don't belong in the first place.

Many ways this can work. Very easily actually...

Taking the current BCS top 4 would work. Even an 8 team playoff would work.

If you are into scrapping the BCS and re-structuring think about this...

There are 120 teams in college football. That's 10 conferences with 12 teams each. Each conference has two divisions. Make every team play 12 games. Best record in each division plays for the conference championship. (Sound familiar???) 10 conference champions play each other. VOILA! Instant playoff! No polls. Clear winners. Clear losers. Puts the action on the field instead of in the headlines and TV shows.

The trick is to make 10 conference champions work because it is not as nice as 16 like in basketball. But, this is on the right track IMHO.

What about the teams that don't want to be in a conference, you ask? Well, why would you not be in a conference when the polls don't matter? Why wouldn't you try to win your conference every year instead of playing "style points" games like this crap that is going on in 2006? This being the case, if you still refuse to be in a conference, then enjoy watching the national championship playoffs on TV.

That is not a good excuse to continue with something that is clearly not working. A four or eight team playoff would solve the problem, while only adding one or three games to two or four teams after school is out for the semester. So simple it hurts.

Didn't say we shouldn't switch, just saying there is no way that someone doesn't get screwed. with a four team playoff the #5 team would likely have a pretty good argument that they should be included every year. It would be a better system no doubt but if Auburn was sitting #5 with the same record as #4 come the end of the year you would be talking about how the system is broken and calling for an expanded playoff.

Sani keep the beatdowns coming It makes my week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad CTT is pushing for a playoff it makes so much sence to play it on the field! Instead of having some tv personality or and sid picking favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't say we shouldn't switch, just saying there is no way that someone doesn't get screwed. with a four team playoff the #5 team would likely have a pretty good argument that they should be included every year. It would be a better system no doubt but if Auburn was sitting #5 with the same record as #4 come the end of the year you would be talking about how the system is broken and calling for an expanded playoff.

At this point, ANY playoff would be better than the BCS selection 1-game: 4, 8 or 16 teams. I've always felt that a 3-round, 8-team playoff would be ideal -- not too drawn out like a 16-team and not too restrictive like a 4-team.

Many ways this can work. Very easily actually...

Taking the current BCS top 4 would work. Even an 8 team playoff would work.

If you are into scrapping the BCS and re-structuring think about this...

There are 120 teams in college football. That's 10 conferences with 12 teams each. Each conference has two divisions. Make every team play 12 games. Best record in each division plays for the conference championship. (Sound familiar???) 10 conference champions play each other. VOILA! Instant playoff! No polls. Clear winners. Clear losers. Puts the action on the field instead of in the headlines and TV shows.

The trick is to make 10 conference champions work because it is not as nice as 16 like in basketball. But, this is on the right track IMHO.

What about the teams that don't want to be in a conference, you ask? Well, why would you not be in a conference when the polls don't matter? Why wouldn't you try to win your conference every year instead of playing "style points" games like this crap that is going on in 2006? This being the case, if you still refuse to be in a conference, then enjoy watching the national championship playoffs on TV.

The only problem I have with this is that the number 2 team out of the SEC would easily woop the WAC conference champion. The format you suggest would only work IMO if all converences were some what equal... which we know they are not even close.

However I would like with that proposal.

Archived