Pre Game Flight

DKW 86

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satellite?pag...ts%21index.html

In other ESPN-related news, AU’s pregame eagle flight will go off without a hitch. Some fans had fretted that the wires needed to support the network’s “Sky-cam” midfield camera would obstruct the flight. The flight will begin from a midfield location to avoid obstruction from wires.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, will continue to "fret" until I see the eagle at pre-game with my own eyes. It might work out. I just remember one lame attempt from the field or something. It was more like an eagle hop than a flight. WE DON'T NEED THAT!

I will give them the benefit of the doubt until I see it myself. If it goes like I expect it too I will be filling Mr. Jacobs e-mail box up myself. I will not need any help from anyone else.

There are 3 threads on this topic, and in one of them I posted an email that I received from Jay Jacobs where he basically said he told ESPN after 05 GT game that they could not bring their Skycam.

This sucks. I thought Jay Jacobs was the man. Now he is just a little wuss.

I'm still confused what they mean by a midfield flight.

They should start training one of the eagles for ESPN sky cams only. Kind of like having Tebow in for run plays only - have a designated eagle for certain flights

I'm hoping they mean he will fly from one of the upper deck entrance tunnels and fly around from there, instead of the normal taking off from the ramps or corner tunnel.

If they mean he will fly straight down from the scoreboard like Georgia Tech '05 then I will be beyond pissed off. That isn't a flight at all.

If and I mean IF, the skycam does interfere with the flight, then JJ has turned AU into a $ who%e just as much as espn is a media who%e.

We have already lost a game and the team hasn't appeared to have it together yet. So with the mnc basically out of the picture, who needs espn? Screw them and our ad if we let them disrupt our tradition. we should only care about AU and winnig our remaining games. Who gives a rats a$$ about who, what, or why espn does anything. They are only at AU because of uf. Don't kid yourselves. Don't you think that espn is sitting back and laughing at how they screwed us again. Conspiracy Theory -- who knows. But espn does have an agenda, and with CTT's comments burning in their ears and some other media outlets also picking up on this control issue, doesn't this look like they again have figured out a way to call the shots and be in control.

JJ, I hope you got a "thank-you" after you got paid.

Sorry for being so po'd, but I'm sick of espn's control over everything they do.

They should start training one of the eagles for ESPN sky cams only. Kind of like having Tebow in for run plays only - have a designated eagle for certain flights

If ESPN wants a "Full Circle" game, they should secure a camera to Tiger/Spirit/Nova. Let them circle the field during the 4th QTR as we roll "on to victory."

If ESPN wants a "Full Circle" game, they should secure a camera to Tiger/Spirit/Nova. Let them circle the field during the 4th QTR as we roll "on to victory."

This would be a great idea!!

Just walked by the stadium on my way into Haley...

Indeed, there are Skycam cables coming off of the corner lightposts.

FURIOUS.

:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::realmad::realmad::realmad:

Has j jacobs replied to any of us confirnig or dening?

What purpose does the skycam actually serve anyway? While watching a regular broadcast of a game with the skycam, they may show 5-10 plays from the angle. It just doesn't seem worth the trouble of having them to me. And who gives a crap about ESPN 360? I watched it for the Miami/FSU game earlier this year and I was not impressed.

They can show the game without the skycam and not lose any viewers. It's pointless.

What purpose does the skycam actually serve anyway? While watching a regular broadcast of a game with the skycam, they may show 5-10 plays from the angle. It just doesn't seem worth the trouble of having them to me. And who gives a crap about ESPN 360? I watched it for the Miami/FSU game earlier this year and I was not impressed.

They can show the game without the skycam and not lose any viewers. It's pointless.

Well, this is basically what Jay Jacobs told me in his email. Yet, there is the Skycam sitting there in JHS.

Archived