Tubs new schedule idea

Defense(clap clap)

I hope that's ridiculous as in funny ha ha. Anyway, I realized it's more of a basketball thing after I signed up but whatever, I'm just big on defense.

I had no idea we were a big Fla rival before the SEC was divided up. I guess that's what I get for being born in 1979.

Hmm...

I've never once thought of Auburn NOT being a Western Division Team. That WOULD make a lot more sense. Bama could be the permanent game, but who cares if Arky, LSU, MSU, and Ole Miss rotate off the schedule?

I like the idea - I actually thought a very similar idea a week ago or so. THe only problem is for conferences that don't have 12 teams, they'd have to go out of conference and then ppl would say "well the Pac 10 only has 9 games and they can't play a tough Out of conference schedule because the Big 12, SEC have no room."

I still think every conference champ should have a chance at the championship tho

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha....xml&coll=2

Interesting, but I highly doubt it would ever come to fruition. I may be mistaken, but I think the Pac 10 plays a full conference schedule every year. If they don't, it's close.

But they don't have a championship game.........advantage USC.

Note there is a real possibility that the BCS championship game this year wil be

USC vs. OSU/Michigan and neither of their conferences have a championship game.

The SEC may in fact be losing money by having the SECCG but not having anybody in the BCSCG.

Off topic, but your handle is ridiculous.

That is all.

In the 60's (maybe 50's too, I'm not sure), we used to play them for Homecoming every year.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha....xml&coll=2

Interesting, but I highly doubt it would ever come to fruition. I may be mistaken, but I think the Pac 10 plays a full conference schedule every year. If they don't, it's close.

But they don't have a championship game.........advantage USC.

Note there is a real possibility that the BCS championship game this year wil be

USC vs. OSU/Michigan and neither of their conferences have a championship game.

The SEC may in fact be losing money by having the SECCG but not having anybody in the BCSCG.

Great point. I personally like the Conference championship games, but I just wish everyone had to play one. If not, we should toss it.

Off topic, but your handle is ridiculous.

That is all.

thank you! its the bad song that gets stuck in your head for an entire day.

no offense.

The issue though is that history is showing that the conference championship game does not hinder the SEC teams. Since the inception of the Championship game, 5 teams have gone on to play for the MNC and 4 have won. Only Floriday lost, but they came back to win the next year. And I don't think there has been a single team to lose in the SEC CC game and cost them a chance to play for the MNC.

And I don't think there has been a single team to lose in the SEC CC game and cost them a chance to play for the MNC.

I can remember a team that won the SECCG and lost the chance to play for the MNC.

YEP!!!!! Need to focus there!

We need that 12th game! Hope they can find a "WILLING" participant.

And I don't think there has been a single team to lose in the SEC CC game and cost them a chance to play for the MNC.

Tennessee stepped on their peckers in '01 against LSU...this was after Texas had lost to Colorado in the Big XII title game and left the door wide open for Tennessee to get the spot opposite Miami in the Rose Bowl. That was the year that Nebraska backed in after getting clobbered by Colorado in their last game.

11-0 Alabama's loss to 9-1-1 Florida in '94 was pre-BCS and really prevented a mess...you had unbeaten Penn State (won Rose Bowl), and unbeaten Nebraska (won Orange Bowl) that year.

The "everybody plays everybody" slate would have worked in the pre-expansion SEC, especially with a 12-game schedule. 9 conference games and 3 non-con would have been ideal.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 9th conference game added...have 2 permanent and 2 rotating opponents from the opposite division. That way AU and Florida could renew what was a great annual rivalry.

Archived