CTT interview on ESPN at halftime

Aufan59

Last I checked there were 5 BCS bowl games this year, and 4 in previous years. Maybe I'm making it up, but there was serious talk of AU playing OSU in a BCS game before they wussed out and picked ND for the ratings. That would be "in BCS contention." AU can still win the SEC, which would put us in the Sugar Bowl... "in BCS contention." Even if UA pulls something out their rear and makes it to the SECC, we could still be considered for an at large game, or in other words, "in BCS contention." Last year, no one was looking at uat for a BCS bowl, therefore they were not "in BCS contention." It doesn't matter where the heck you are after 1,3, or 8 games, it matters where you are after 12/13 games (11/12 last year).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you talking about? We've been in "BCS contention" late in the season more reasonly than AU has.

Last time I checked, we were 9-0 going into the next to last game of the year last year.

Last year was a fluke, and deep down inside you know it. Have fun going 8-4 this year, however.

You were out of BCS contention last year in your first game. Loss to Ga Tech. Then you lost at LSU shortly thereafter.

This year you were out by the 6th game. Being overrated in the preseason does not constitute "BCS contention"

Bg you will see how overrated Auburn is November the 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that in order to hold a rational discussion about the difficulties of an SEC team in the current BCS, you have to talk to people that it actually effects.

The bammers on this board want to just talk smack because they haven't contended for anything since Mike Price contended for Angel of The Day.

I'm betting UF, UT, UGa, and LSU fans agree with CTT. There's a definate bias in the system.

What are you talking about? We've been in "BCS contention" late in the season more reasonly than AU has.

Last time I checked, we were 9-0 going into the next to last game of the year last year.

Yall were the worst 9-0 team I can recall from the past several years. Everybody with common sense knew yall would lose your last two or three games (including the bowl). Yall surprised me, by winning the bowl.

Last year was a fluke, and deep down inside you know it. Have fun going 8-4 this year, however.

If we go 8-4 this year, considering what we lost from last season, it would hardly indicate we have poor coaching.

If we go 8-4 this year, considering what we lost from last season, it would hardly indicate we have poor coaching.

If you go 8-4 this year, I will declare UAT national champs. In other words, your fifth loss of the season will also be your fifth loss in a row to Auburn. Two thumbs up!! Good to hear if you are a newly released film, bad if you are the Crimson Tied.

If you go 8-4 this year, I will declare UAT national champs. In other words, your fifth loss of the season will also be your fifth loss in a row to Auburn.

Uh yeah...that makes no sense. Please try again.

You were out of BCS contention last year in your first game. Loss to Ga Tech. Then you lost at LSU shortly thereafter.

This year you were out by the 6th game. Being overrated in the preseason does not constitute "BCS contention"

BG, that statement is totally inaccurate. How can you say with half the season still to play that Auburn is out of BCS contention?? That simply doesn't make any sense. IF AU runs the table (even if they don't go to the SECC game) they could easily get a BCS bowl... To say that Auburn is out of BCS contention is totally laughable. You do remember how many BCS bowls there are, right???

If you go 8-4 this year, I will declare UAT national champs. In other words, your fifth loss of the season will also be your fifth loss in a row to Auburn.

Uh yeah...that makes no sense. Please try again.

Sorry to be so complicated. Bama will go 7-5 this season, including a loss to Auburn. That loss to Auburn will be the fifth in a row hence, "fear the thumb". Coincidentally, that will be Bama's 5th loss of the season, hence the two thumbs up because that fifth loss of the season will be counted on the thumb of the other hand. It was pretty witty I must say, but apparently too much thought is required for a UAT grad to get it.

Sorry to be so complicated. Bama will go 7-5 this season, including a loss to Auburn. That loss to Auburn will be the fifth in a row hence, "fear the thumb". Coincidentally, that will be Bama's 5th loss of the season, hence the two thumbs up because that fifth loss of the season will be counted on the thumb of the other hand. It was pretty witty I must say, but apparently too much thought is required for a UAT grad to get it.

Ohhh....a weak attempt to poke at my IQ. Seriously, you could do better. Then again, maybe you can't.

:roflol: Are you serious?

Sept. 2 HAWAII W 25-17

Sept. 9 VANDERBILT W 13-10

Sept. 16 LOUISIANA-MONROE W 41-7

Sept. 23 at Arkansas L 24-23 (2 OT)

Sept. 30 at Florida L 28-13

Oct. 7 DUKE W 30-14

Oct. 14 OLE MISS W 26-23 (OT)

Oct. 21 at Tennessee [CBS] 3:30 p.m. ET

Oct. 28 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL TBA

Nov. 4 MISSISSIPPI STATE TBA

Nov. 11 at LSU TBA

Nov. 18 AUBURN TBA

You had 7-8 wins when the contracts were signed with that schedule. :roflol: It has absolutely nothing to do with coaching. Saying if we win 8 we have a great coach.... :roflol: Now, if you lose 5, then you can maybe put down the Kool Aid and realize that he is not the next Bear.

:roflol::roflol:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Does being 4th in the preliminary BCS standing constitue "BCS Contention" in your alternate universe?

Does being 4th in the preliminary BCS standing constitue "BCS Contention" in your alternate universe?

I think he is used to seeing uat always in the "bs" contention, of which they are always in the top 3 or 4

Being overrated is always better than not being rated at all. Of course all teams in the top ten usually are overrerated to some extent. So far Ohio St is the exception

Archived