CTT interview on ESPN at halftime

Aufan59

THE SAME week that he was suggesting that AU was being overlooked, underappreciated, or whatever...he got his ass handed to him by the team he should have worried about.

Yes, that loss hurt us all very badly. However, we learned in 2004 what happens to an SEC team that goes undefeated and the coach keeps his mouth shut all season and lets things happen on the field. I for one APPLAUD CTT for sticking his neck out for the Auburn nation. He did what he had to do and took a chance on the impossible dream that we could go undefeated again. He gambled and lost this time.

Face it, CTT has a history of jumping at every opportunity he gets to show off his "confidence". And if Shula would have said anything like what CTT says, you guys would rip him a new one.

To compare CTT to Sheila is absurd. I don't care what comparison you are trying to make. CTT was doing everything in his power to try to get us to the MNC. Sheila will never get there, and your program is at least 10 years from even having a chance. Sheila is a terrible coach. He repeatedly got lucky last year and you bammers thought he was the greatest "Top 10" coach. Now he is handing out ice cream over there. If SHEILA was talking about ESPN and the BCS and no respect, then people would laugh in his face. But did they do that to CTT? No. Not until he gambled and lost.

But, it was worth a shot. It's just a damn shame that you can't win a MNC nowadays without ESPN.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a damn shame that you can't win a MNC nowadays without ESPN winning all your games.

Fixed that for you.

Don't waste your time. I have poor reading comprehension.

But, it was worth a shot. It's just a damn shame that you can't win a MNC nowadays without ESPN.

beating :arky: would probably help too. after the wisconsin debacle and the arky thrashing, i would think that the ESPN conspiracy would be dead. after the arky game i noticed pretty much everyone gave it up, but i guess there are a few who can't. i have no problem admitting bama isn't playing good consistant football, because well its the truth. but when you are in contention for a MNC such as :au: was, i'm pretty sure you still have to beat inferior opponents. don't fret though, redemption may be right around the corner saturday. i think it will be a great game, :au: will probably pull it off because really i just think they have to....

You guys act like he's never shot off his mouth (or his general demeanor) and it come back to bite him in the ass.

THE SAME week that he was suggesting that AU was being overlooked, underappreciated, or whatever...he got his ass handed to him by the team he should have worried about.

Last year he was all worried about rubbing bama fans nose in a loss...a month later...and reading player reports going into the bowl game...you could tell he was feeding their egos. And they got their ASSES handed to them by an inferior Wisconsin team.

How about the two "non conf" Ga Tech games?

Face it, CTT has a history of jumping at every opportunity he gets to show off his "confidence". And if Shula would have said anything like what CTT says, you guys would rip him a new one.

TT wins games and shuler loses games that is the differece! Bammer was losing at halftime to a duke team that had only scored 13 points all season!

I don't remember CTT claiming we were "overlooked, underappreciated, or whatever..."

What he said was that it is very difficult for an SEC team to run the table and make it to the MNC game...

Lo and behold he was right...Its so difficult we lost that very week...

There is 1 undefeated team in the SEC now..and hopefully after this week we'll have knocked each other out of contention again.

You guys act like he's never shot off his mouth (or his general demeanor) and it come back to bite him in the ass.

Last year he was all worried about rubbing bama fans nose in a loss...a month later...and reading player reports going into the bowl game...you could tell he was feeding their egos. And they got their ASSES handed to them by an inferior Wisconsin team.

The difference is... CTT has at least won most of the big games while shela hasnt; last year UF hick-uped and we hick-uped against arky this year.The only games shela has been predicted to win comes against cream puffs or mediocre teams that give them a run for their money.

So did he actually leave ole miss in a pine box, or did he just pack his stuff in a pine box during the move? :big:

Lowder's Money arrived in a pine box....Funny, but $$$ changes a lot of things, even for you and I argo. If someone came offering what we were, I am sure we both would have regretted what we said, but we would have taken the money as well.

Where is the BG we used to respect.

This joker is nothing but an a**clown.

[Auburn Homer]

A. Tuberville NEVER, I mean NEVER, jumped at the opportunity. You act like Tuberville was seeking a reporter to print his story. He was asked in his news conference what he thought of the BCS and he spoke his mind. His speech had nothing to do with Auburn being overlooked. In fact, I don't think he ever mentioned Auburn. He made two MAJOR points that all SEC coaches can agree with. In fact, there were comments from Richt and Spurrier in the same article, backing up CTT.

-----1. The BCS is biased against SEC teams, because the league is so far ahead of the others, yet teams are given no credit.

-----2. The School Presidents are chock full of crap for adding a 12th game at expense of a BYE week just to line their pockets, when they refuse to do a playoff because its "Too hard" on the players.

Where in those points do you see Auburn?

B. Like it or not, Tuberville didn't spend a month after the Iron Bowl dwelling on the loss. He wore a freakin' T-shirt that is sold in Auburn to ANYONE with "Fear the Thumb" written on it. How is that 'rubbing it in for a month?' You bammers act like Tuberville had the shirt made or something. You act like Tuberville did nothing but gloat for the weeks after the Iron Bowl. Lets face it BG, your not THAT special.

[/Auburn Homer]

Mark May had some harsh word.. but did offer a good tip to CWM, when Tebow in game, he runs to his left 92% of the time.

They didn't really have anything negative to say, all in all, a good interview.

but did they have to keep showing Arkansas highlights. Certainly they have other footage they could have used when showing the team ( :no: ESPN)

TT wins games and shuler loses games that is the differece! Bammer was losing at halftime to a duke team that had only scored 13 points all season!

Interesting you pick a game we WIN 30-14 on the same weekend you got your ass handed to you 27-10...to prove your "point"

Why? Because i dont come over here kissing AU's ass? Look i havent said anything here that other AUBURN people havent said. Much less what people think outside of Opelika.

Interesting you pick a game we WIN 30-14 on the same weekend you got your ass handed to you 27-10...to prove your "point"

It has been pointed out many times any SEC team could lose to any other SEC team on any Saturday!!!

Yes - I feel we should have beaten ARKy and am dissappointed in the performance of the team but I am an Auburn fan and will continue to support my team win or lose.

Let me point something out to you again BG. Bammer was LOSING to DUKE at the half. AGAIN, LOSING to DUKE at the half. Using Bammer logic Duke won the game but having to play the second half got in the way. To top it all off Shiels'a lack of discipline off the field is now carrying over to the field based on the actions of the Bammer players Saturday night.

WDE!! :au:

Nice comment by CTT "if we beat UF we will be playing them again in a month anyway". I guess he hasnt learned yet.

Hasn't "learned"? bg, Your paranoia has reached new heights. Too bad there is nobody in west vance capable of "teaching". You would be better served to concentrate on that HUGE log in your eye. B)

Let me point something out to you again BG. Bammer was LOSING to DUKE at the half. AGAIN, LOSING to DUKE at the half. Using Bammer logic Duke won the game but having to play the second half got in the way. To top it all off Shiels'a lack of discipline off the field is now carrying over to the field based on the actions of the Bammer players Saturday night.

WDE!!

Like previously noted...we had O-N-E personal foul. ONE. And it came after frequent late hits on the QB. (some called some not)

Why? Because i dont come over here kissing AU's ass? Look i havent said anything here that other AUBURN people havent said. Much less what people think outside of Opelika.

There's a difference between kissing a** and wiping your feet before you come in. You're showing disrespect, not difference of opinion.

Take off your crimpson glasses and address the points that I raised. Tuberville has NOT done the things you so ardently wish he has done. You just can't see past your own hate.

Not to start anything, but i've been wondering this since I started posting regularly here again. :no:

I used to enjoy his take on things, and now it's a typical bammar reply for the most part.

It's funny because the UGA board posted that quote with the topic starting saying something along the lines of Tubs saying UF will win the East.....

And instead of 50 replies with how wrong he was, ext....

Most were just like, "Ya, he is probably right"

Do I think we can beat UF? Well, let me put it this way.....we have been favorites with better teams AND still lost to UF since Spurrier left...I can't imagine it is going to hurt us going into the game as severe under-dogs for the first time. What's the worst that can happen? Put another 50 on us? Loss? We are used to that with them.

I think that in order to hold a rational discussion about the difficulties of an SEC team in the current BCS, you have to talk to people that it actually effects.

The bammers on this board want to just talk smack because they haven't contended for anything since Mike Price contended for Angel of The Day.

I'm betting UF, UT, UGa, and LSU fans agree with CTT. There's a definate bias in the system.

I think that in order to hold a rational discussion about the difficulties of an SEC team in the current BCS, you have to talk to people that it actually effects.

The bammers on this board want to just talk smack because they haven't contended for anything since Mike Price contended for Angel of The Day.

I'm betting UF, UT, UGa, and LSU fans agree with CTT. There's a definate bias in the system.

What are you talking about? We've been in "BCS contention" late in the season more reasonly than AU has.

Last time I checked, we were 9-0 going into the next to last game of the year last year.

What are you talking about? We've been in "BCS contention" late in the season more reasonly than AU has.

Last time I checked, we were 9-0 going into the next to last game of the year last year.

We've been in BCS contention for 3 straight years. Bama had one "10-2" season in which they could claim to be in "BCS conention."

You were out of BCS contention last year in your first game. Loss to Ga Tech. Then you lost at LSU shortly thereafter.

This year you were out by the 6th game. Being overrated in the preseason does not constitute "BCS contention"

Archived