Your Prayers Requested

Proud Tiger

My Grandson (Josh) is a senior at UF. He was coming up to go to the game with me Saturday. We have been planning it for a long time. He got up this morning, felt dizzy, and fell down some stairs. Tonight he is in the hospital in Gainesville. Preliminary indications are he he has spinal meningitis. He is diabetic and his blood sugar when he got to the hospital was 38 which is normally at the point of diabetic coma. He is pretty much out of it and not remembering much of the day's events. Sadly, this puts a damper on the game for me.

Please remember him in your prayers.

I will be there pulling for the Tigers. That's what he would expect me to do. But after the game I'm headed to Gainesville.

Prayers sent, PT.

Sorry to hear about your grandson PT. I'm quite confident they'll get him fixed up and back to his normal self soon. Heartfelt prayers have been sent.

Wow. That really put things into perspective. Prayers on the way right now for your grandson and your travel after the game.

My Grandson (Josh) is a senior at UF. He was coming up to go to the game with me Saturday. We have been planning it for a long time. He got up this morning, felt dizzy, and fell down some stairs. Tonight he is in the hospital in Gainesville. Preliminary indications are he he has spinal meningitis. He is diabetic and his blood sugar when he got to the hospital was 38 which is normally at the point of diabetic coma. He is pretty much out of it and not remembering much of the day's events. Sadly, this puts a damper on the game for me.

Please remember him in your prayers.

I will be there pulling for the Tigers. That's what he would expect me to do. But after the game I'm headed to Gainesville.

You and your family will be remembered in my prayers. I ask the the Master Physcian lay HIS hand on this young man and heal him. All things are possible through HIM. May you also be comforted with the peace of mind that it is in God's hands. May He guide the hands of the doctors in charge of this young man. Prayers sent. Glory to God always.

Psalm 27:1

Sorry to bump this back to the top but wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Thank God a spinal tap was negative for meningitis. They could not say for sure but they think it was a bad case of the flu. He is now back at his house and doing better although still weak. I had already planned to leave Auburn and come to Orlando (where I am now) and Josh was supposed to ride back to Gainesville with me. I came on down and stopped to visit with him in Gainsville. I didn't rub it in on him too bad, maybe later :)

It was weird being in Gainesville the day after the game, especially with all the Auburn stuff on my car. But I survived and all is well.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers, which were answered.

Archived